• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

As some in the media are saying, if we pull this deal off we should put the £15-17m fee into context:

*Emirates Marketing Project have just spent over £30m on Fernandinho, a player who is behind Paulinho in the national team and who Brazilians regard as an inferior player.
*He is also ahead of Ramires in the national team, who I believe Chelsea paid around £20m for.

It really would be quite a coup. I hope we tie this up soon.

I can't really think of a midfield unit in England with more potential than Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho, Holtby, Sigurdsson and Carroll.

I'd go so far as to say that if Bale stays (as looks likely) and we sign a good striker (Villa/Soldado), I might place a cheaky outside £10 bet on us winning the title next season.

I really think we'd have a great chance. Fergie always gave Man U an edge, but on paper their squad isn't that great, especially in central midfield. Emirates Marketing Project, well they're Emirates Marketing Project, but new manager = a bit of the unknown. Chelsea - well obviously Mourinho is back, but i'm not sure this squad is entirely his cup of tea (hence the rumours of Mata being booted out which really is extraordinary when you think about it), and they say never go back. Arsenal - well it depends if Wenger has been finally shaken from his rut of trusting in under performing young players in the hope that they somehow morph into today's Vierias and Henrys

and his celebration checks out

Paulinho-Corinthians.jpg

wonder if he has Bale's permission

Is this the Baldini effect kicking in? I can't recall the last time another club decribed our negotiations as going 'very well'. It's usually a remark describing Levy's tactics as a disgrace.

Crikey! Seems like it is going to happen:eek:

I just hope these 'leaks' are not happening to flush out other potential bidders like Real and Inter Milan. I would have been even more excited if this rumour was coming out on the day of the Confed Cup final.

How will this signing help us though? Isn't he a bit of a Frank Lampard CM-goalscoring type? Maybe like Siggy?

Isn't it a Mata/Modric/Moutinhoi type of creative player we need? How will this signing help us in those games where teams defend on the edge of their own penalty box?
Would love to hear people's thoughts on the tactical variation Paulinho might give us (or not) and whether it's just an upgrade on Siggy.

I'm guessing most people here have only seen Paulinho a handful of times at best, unless we get some Brazilians to sign up. Paulinho-lover-man anyone?

I would be very surprised if he's signed as an upgrade on Siggy, mainly because Sig's best position is where Bale played most of last season as is likely to play against if we play a 4-2-3-1.

I think Paulinho is likely to either be one of the deep two in a 4-2-3-1 (the other being Sandro or Dembele), or as a part of a midfield 3 in a 4-3-3 with Bale moving to a (free role) wide position on either flank.

A lot more viable twitter accounts saying the deal us done. Leon Mann has retweeted it as agreed. I am very positive now. Apparently half the fee to Corinthians and half to 3rd party owner.

Corinthians saying the deal has been done for BRL 53m, that's around £15,310,000.

Apparently, Paulinho has agreed a four year deal at Spurs with the option of a fifth year.

I'm sure there will be more than a few City fans scratching their heads and asking why they paid £15m for Paulinho's understudy when Spurs paid about half that for the man himself.

Funny old game, football.

Last edited:
Corinthians saying the deal has been done for BRL 53m, that's around £15,310,000.

I'm sure there will be more than a few City fans scratching their heads and asking why they paid £15m for Paulinho's understudy when Spurs paid about half that for the man himself.

Funny old game, football.

You got a link mate?

Greg Stobart @gstobart

OK Paulinho 'agreed' (not signed) between #THFC & Corinthians. £15m + £2m add-ons, so not activated buyout clause but met its value

Paulinho has agreed a four-year contract w/ Spurs holding option for another year (so essentially a 5-year deal) #THFC

Paulinho is not spuds quality he should play for better team. even if he go there he will move to bigger club in 3-4 years.

hes 24 now. hes done it on the international stage to a degree, with 15 caps, and hes been one of the best players in the brazilian league. for that fee, which is quite affordable, why have no big clubs come in for him? what are they scared of? hes a very well rounded central midfielder, not a liability defensively, good with the ball, good passer, can score goals. i dont get it

edit > werent a bunch of big clubs like Emirates Marketing Project and chelsea interested after his performance at the fifa world cup? what happened?

Really surprised not big teams want him Chelsea need good midfielder Manure too, Italian big clubs like Milan want good midfielder.

Agreed. And if I was City, I would much rather have spent 15m on Paulinho than 34m on Fernandinho.

Why do these players like Vertonghen, Paulinho, and Lloris join Spuds? They're not in Europe and they don't offer big wages, it's baffling

if I was Lloris or Ajax I could make a good case for it being a step down team wise.

FFS Spuds better not sign Paulinho. He's been on my wish list for yonks.

Aaah, gooners :ross:

I didn't think it would be £17m straight up. I don't think Levy wants to break the £16.5m barrier.

Funny how those Gooners think it's a great signing for us but the reaction on here hasn't been quite so positive?

More witty comments:

Who is Paul Inho and why have Spurs signed him?

Number of Spurs fans who have watched Paulinho play- 0

Number of Spurs fans that'll say he's better than Jack Wheelchair- 503,743

Paulinho: "I made Andre Santos a bet that I could finish above Arsenal if I joined Spurs. That's the last time I get drunk with him".

Paulinho: " When Saudi Sportswashing Machine equalised against Arsenal that played a major part in my move to Spurs ! Hopefully we can win the champions league*

I was calling for us to sign dembele last season but i dont know he was just not as good as i hoped, maybe next year he will be better.
I thougt Dembele did great when not being weighed down by parker.
Sandro+Dembele was the best midfield partnership in the league for awhile there.

Dembele and Sandro where immense for a while there, that's when we had the run with not conceding aswell! Fantastic coupple, if Paulinho is of the same quality we'll have one helluva central midfield next season!

Back