• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Parker or Sandro?

Who's better?

• Total voters
I have a severe case of deja vu and Carrick what does he do? I can't even be bothered into getting into another discussion with someone as to why it's critical that a holding midfielder is disciplined, sacrifices self glory for the good of the team and why having a holding player holding position actually makes the team more attacking and more importantly be able to keep sustained pressure on the opposition! Been down that road way too many times before :lol:

Parker is anything but disciplined, him and carrick are two different players. Parker doesn't hold position he roams where he wants to and follows the ball. He is the complete opposite of the disciplined Carrick. Parker to me looks as if he wants to play box to box, but with little effect.

Parker is anything but disciplined, him and carrick are two different players. Parker doesn't hold position he roams where he wants to and follows the ball. He is the complete opposite of the disciplined Carrick. Parker to me looks as if he wants to play box to box, but with little effect.

Parker's brick according to you, which invalidates your opinion completely.

Agree with Punk. Parker is basically Palacios but is less likely to screw up simple 5 yard passes, that's not a dig at Parker either as I loved Wilson.

Parker's brick according to you, which invalidates your opinion completely.

Invalidate his opinion?

Not sure you can really do that...

The points Punk raises are correct, at times Parker is a little like a dog with a ball, chasing it around. This is commendable, even desired when the rest of the squad follows suit. However when the rest of the sqaud doesn't it is just wasted effort..

This thread amazes me .. don't know why, should be accustomed to it by now

- Parker is the better player right now, in terms of consistancy over a number of games
- Sandro is obviously more gifted, technically better, more to all round game and has a lot of potential

Both have contributed greatly to games they have played in.

Re the positional discipline, I think I've seen both Parker and Sandro hold their ground and roam in different games, so my assumption would be it has a lot to do with orders on the day.

I think they should be rotated more often, based on type of game and opponent. Both should not play too many games in season as they are huge effort players and their crunching style of play will lead to higher injury likelyhood.

- Parker is the better player right now, in terms of consistancy over a number of games
- Sandro is obviously more gifted, technically better, more to all round game and has a lot of potential

Re the positional discipline, I think I've seen both Parker and Sandro hold their ground and roam in different games, so my assumption would be it has a lot to do with orders on the day.

I think they should be rotated more often, based on type of game and opponent. Both should not play too many games in season as they are huge effort players and their crunching style of play will lead to higher injury likelyhood.

Sandro has had a stop start season. Its only now he's been allowed to have an extended role in the team.

Invalidate his opinion?

Not sure you can really do that...

The points Punk raises are correct, at times Parker is a little like a dog with a ball, chasing it around. This is commendable, even desired when the rest of the squad follows suit. However when the rest of the sqaud doesn't it is just wasted effort..

He is so ridiculously biased against Parker that any view has to be taken with a pinch of salt. I've never seen him rate Parker above a 6 on a match thread.

My opinion on the whole thing is that Sandro is a better footballer than Parker, whilst Parker is a lot better at reading the game and unfolding of a game. Sandro is a little too gung ho, where as Parker tends to read when to get forward. Sandro's technique is better than Parker, but their end product going forward tends to be very similar....which is not a lot.

Parker is an excellent Premiership defensive midfielder. Sandro is a very good defensive midfielder who will be even better than Parker in the very near future. Sandro should start in front of Parker against Fulham and really should be our first choice defensive midfielder next season.

Parker has been excellent this season though, and it's that lack of credit that is given to him (or when his own supposed fans take the tinkle out of him) that irks me.

My opinion on the whole thing is that Sandro is a better footballer than Parker, whilst Parker is a lot better at reading the game and unfolding of a game. Sandro is a little too gung ho, where as Parker tends to read when to get forward. Sandro's technique is better than Parker, but their end product going forward tends to be very similar....which is not a lot.

Parker is an excellent Premiership defensive midfielder. Sandro is a very good defensive midfielder who will be even better than Parker in the very near future. Sandro should start in front of Parker against Fulham and really should be our first choice defensive midfielder next season.

Parker has been excellent this season though, and it's that lack of credit that is given to him (or when his own supposed fans take the tinkle out of him) that irks me.

I can't see that there is much here that anyone can argue with

He is so ridiculously biased against Parker that any view has to be taken with a pinch of salt. I've never seen him rate Parker above a 6 on a match thread.

So we should ignore anything you say against the players you dislike?

And you can't deny they exist.

I'll remember that.

Last edited:

Agree with all that and can see no reason why we shouldn't be happy that we have both these players in the squad. One other point is i hope next season we see enough of Sandro 1> too keep him happy at the club and 2>to aid and continue his development (you never know parker may well help in this department).

And in answer to milo, we could quite possibly need two warriors like this to grind out/hold on to a result at some crunch point in the future,(probably saturday:lol:) so yes to your question.

Yaha Toure is not the most creative player but looks a beast when he goes bounding forward on one of his now trademark lung busting runs and also has a hell of a shot from outside the area. I wonder if Sandro could ever develop into a similar player. Sandro too looks imposing when he burst forward and also has a decent shot. I think at 23 Sandro has both the ability and time to possibly develop into a similar type box to box player. Another similarity is that Sandro currently started as a defensive midfielder just as Yaya did at Barca

Last edited:
You may be on to something there, I think he's good going forward in a similar way to Toure, once he starts going it's hard to stop him. It's true that he needs to develop the skill of getting your head up when on these runs but he's definitely got that long stride on the ball that is hard to deal with as a defender. It's also true that he's got a decent shot on him.

As long as he stays fit we've got a player on our hands who can fill many roles for us. In the Toure/Fellaini bracket of being so versatile that CB, DM, CM, AM are all possibilities, as he has the attributes imo. In the form that he's in he is one of my favourite players to watch. Obviously I don't really know but even if he wasn't at Spurs I think he'd be up there in my list of favourite players to watch.

You recently requested we sell Walker, Kaboul and BAE in summer. Potato - Potatoe.

But I will give them credit when they've done well. That is the difference. Parker can have a blinder, he'll give him a 6. Ekotto has a blinder, I'll give him a 9. I don't take exception to the fact that he doesn't like or rate Parker. I take exception in that he can give him no credit whatsoever.

Does anyone still think that we should play them together? I would agree that we should hold onto both and rotate though

To be honest i do not think you can, the games i have seen them in together they have both played below their best.

Yaha Toure is not the most creative player but looks a beast when he goes bounding forward on one of his now trademark lung busting runs and also has a hell of a shot from outside the area. I wonder if Sandro could ever develop into a similar player. Sandro too looks imposing when he burst forward and also has a decent shot. I think at 23 Sandro has both the ability and time to possibly develop into a similar type box to box player. Another similarity is that Sandro currently started as a defensive midfielder just as Yaya did at Barca

not THE most but definately a very creative player IMO

Back