• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Parker or Sandro?

Who's better?

• Total voters
I don't think so. He is the defensive rock in that side, and Villa were doing us with straight balls down the middle. The back four had little protection frm the midfield, and that was because of ill discipline. More than once Modric was in the final third and Sandro was BEYOND him or alongside him, rather than being where he should be.....which is sweeping up behind in case the attack breaks down.

Do people actually bother to look at the game on a proper level on this forum or do they only pay attention to players when they have the ball?!!

Yes ok Moonlit, obviously everyone else is an internet Sandro fan and you're actually right. Here's motm voting from SC, unfortunately we don't have one here.

QklIB.jpg

Oh and as for the midfield not giving the defence any protection, how do you work that one out when Villa barely got within 30 yards of our goal the entire game??

I don't think so. He is the defensive rock in that side, and Villa were doing us with straight balls down the middle. The back four had little protection frm the midfield, and that was because of ill discipline. More than once Modric was in the final third and Sandro was BEYOND him or alongside him, rather than being where he should be.....which is sweeping up behind in case the attack breaks down.

Do people actually bother to look at the game on a proper level on this forum or do they only pay attention to players when they have the ball?!!

GHod forbid Sandro should go forward and cause havoc in the opposing box and maybe win a penalty

Do people actually bother to look at the game on a proper level on this forum or do they only pay attention to players when they have the ball?!![/QUOTE]

Well i do not know where you were watching the game from but from my seat in the stands he had a great game, and everyone aroundme thought he was MOM;

Your description sounds a lot like Parker post november 2011. However if Sandro is advanced he can actually affect the game in a positive way.

Your description sounds a lot like Parker post november 2011. However if Sandro is advanced he can actually affect the game in a positive way.

I have a severe case of deja vu and Carrick what does he do? I can't even be bothered into getting into another discussion with someone as to why it's critical that a holding midfielder is disciplined, sacrifices self glory for the good of the team and why having a holding player holding position actually makes the team more attacking and more importantly be able to keep sustained pressure on the opposition! Been down that road way too many times before :lol:

I have a severe case of deja vu and Carrick what does he do? I can't even be bothered into getting into another discussion with someone as to why it's critical that a holding midfielder is disciplined, sacrifices self glory for the good of the team and why having a holding player holding position actually makes the team more attacking and more importantly be able to keep sustained pressure on the opposition! Been down that road way too many times before :lol:

First off, Sandro holds his position better than Parker anyway. But yesterday when we're 1-0 down and Villa have gotten within 30 yards of our goal like twice all game, you're criticising Sandro for getting forward and trying to make something happen - which he did, he won us a penalty. You'd rather he stayed back and held Kaboul's hand to counteract Villa's erm bus parking? Right, damn him for trying to make something happen!

First off, Sandro holds his position better than Parker anyway. But yesterday when we're 1-0 down and Villa have gotten within 30 yards of our goal like twice all game, you're criticising Sandro for getting forward and trying to make something happen - which he did, he won us a penalty. You'd rather he stayed back and held Kaboul's hand to counteract Villa's erm bus parking? Right, damn him for trying to make something happen!

Not sure why you are mentioning Parker to be honest. Nothing to do with this example.

And I am not saying a holder can't get forward, but they have to be disciplined and do it very rarely. Anyway, I thought defensively we looked awful in midfield yesterday for the first half, and Villa cut through us four or five times. Quite often both midfielders were in advance of the play (which is nice to see from Modric, he doesn't do that enough) and when our move broke down our defence was exposed. That's unacceptable, especially as that exact circumstance lead to a goal.

I am not saying it's Sandro's fault. If Sandro is to be our creative influence or get forward and play box to box then Modric has to be the defensive midfielder and sit deep. You can't have both centre mids in a 4-4-x getting forward like that. It's like lemmings on a clifftop....

GHod forbid Sandro should go forward and cause havoc in the opposing box and maybe win a penalty

I may be mistaken, but I thought that was from a corner kick? Sandro's good in the air so I'd expect him to be in the mix at corners. I can't really remember it off the top of my head though, so he may have been in the box from an open play run but I really did think it was from a corner.

Too true, and that is why my rule is to never comment on a ratings thread, unless I have been to the game and seen a players overall contribution to it.

IMHO (and for what it is worth), the reason why Sandro was "beyond" or "alongside" Modric was that Villa's lack of attacking ambition (when it was 11 v 11 and then 10 v 11) enabled us to be more offensive in our play. The overall pressing nature of our game (when Rose saw red) also helped stifle any thoughts in Villa's mind of going on the offensive?

Last edited:
Back