• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paris

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Such a sad thing to happen for so many people to lose their lives. Disgusting when people think they can shut people up and control the media through violence.

Though I doubt much will said or done about it and the media across the western world can go back to taking easy pot shots at the right wing. I do wonder whether the day will ever come when the politicians and media actually try to engage in the main security problem that threatens us all or whether they will sweep it under the carpet again.

I was personally very sad to see one of the main findings of the report into Lee Rigbys death was that service personal should not be allowed to leave their base in "work" clothes as it made them a threat.

Anyway my thoughts are with those that died in Paris today and their friends and families may they RIP.

Seems likely they'll go on another spree before their caught. There's a pretty gruesome video of them shooting a bystander, then going up to him while he's writhing around in agony and casually blowing his brains out - I wouldn't recommend watching it.

This could be Europe's 9/11 in terms of its visual and graphic brutality.

Seems likely they'll go on another spree before their caught. There's a pretty gruesome video of them shooting a bystander, then going up to him while he's writhing around in agony and casually blowing his brains out - I wouldn't recommend watching it.

This could be Europe's 9/11 in terms of its visual and graphic brutality.

Female police officer.

This worlds just going further and further nuts.

People talk about dark age politics but until people are responsible enough to be trusted with the world then unfortunately I think we need to go back to the dark ages with some factions. I'm no hippy nor am I right wing but the irony of all this fighting over the world is that there won't be a bloody world to fight over if this carries on.

If people wanna right in a brutal way then in my mind they can all be round up and put in the same place so they can do it to each other, not innocent people.

Its amazing where the world has gone in such a short space of time really, imagine 40 years ago if a black person took exception to Rising Damp Satire and killed Leonard Rossiter for the sake of it? The worlds just gone totally bonkers where you just have to live in fear on all fronts and that's no life.

I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old and live out in the countryside, i make a effort to take my kids to cities to make them realize that despite all you hear and see there is far more good and love in this world then hate.

I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old and live out in the countryside, i make a effort to take my kids to cities to make them realize that despite all you hear and see there is far more good and love in this world then hate.

Hope you're right but it doesn't feel like it at times does it? Would love to live out in the sticks something I'm saving up for month by month.

Hope you're right but it doesn't feel like it at times does it? Would love to live out in the sticks something I'm saving up for month by month.

It really doesn't. And I am someone who truly believes in the power of love and compassion overcoming hate. This is completely ****ed up. Horrible, horrible *****.

I remember you mentioning about wanting to emigrate and NZ being one of the places on the list. Do it mate, you will absolutely love it there and it is a beautiful, stimulating, safe environment for your family, especially your kids. I am doing everything in my power to get back there someday.

This is what happens when religious brainwashing is allowed to thrive. It makes you sick to your stomach. I shudder to think what the future holds for this country and others. Terrorist attacks will become ever more frequent until they happen all the time like in the middle east. Things are only going to get worse. A "big" one in England is surely waiting us.

This is what happens when religious brainwashing is allowed to thrive. It makes you sick to your stomach. I shudder to think what the future holds for this country and others. Terrorist attacks will become ever more frequent until they happen all the time like in the middle east. Things are only going to get worse. A "big" one in England is surely waiting us.

I won't go down the whole immigration route but this is always going to happen when your border control has no idea who exactly is within the midst of the people.

“I am not afraid of retaliations. I don’t have kids. I don’t have a wife, no car, no credit. It may seem pompous, but I’d rather die standing than live on my knees.” - Stephen Charbonnier, 2012

Rest in peace, workers of Charlie Hebdo and the policemen and policewomen who defended their city with their lives.

This attack is ingenious, in a twisted sort of way: Paris has a large Muslim population, and with Le Pen's party high up in the polls, I'd wager we'll see a frightened Hollande impose all sorts of controls on the Muslims in France, and in Paris specifically. When you add that to the general attacks on French Muslims that will inevitably happen via the fists, sticks and bricks of angry far-right activists , it will only add legitimacy to the ISIS/Al-Qaeda narrative of a Western 'crusade' against Islam, and will gain them more and more willing recruits over time.

Look, disagree or agree on the merits of controlled immigration and Islam itself (and I have fairly strong opinions on both topics), but the wrong response from us in the West will only push us further away from the need to crush extremism with an iron f*cking boot, and will give plenty of ammunition to the same organizations that carry out attacks like these. The need of the hour is for surgical precision when dealing with the bases from where these extremists emerge: targeted assassinations, surgical strikes, plausible deniability, severing the link between extremists in the Middle East and the large Muslim populations in the West via the most surreptitious means possible. What we absolutely don't need (whatever the justifications) are public, blanket attacks on a community that, if radicalized, could bring Western Europe down from within. But that's what's going to happen anyway, because frightened populations don't think about long-term strategies, skinheads don't think about geostrategic repercussions, and we'll all round on our governments demanding that something be 'done' about the ever-present extremist threat: and ultimately, that's what will cause more damage to us than these attacks ever could.

Sigh. These moral grey areas have been the defining feature of the post 9/11 world, and they're not going away very soon. RIP, workers of Charlie Hebdo. RIP, policemen and policewomen of Paris.

I agree with exactly what you are saying DubaiSpur and now is not the time for action.

I wouldn't club all in the same basket, I have worked for Middle Eastern companies for 15 years and spent a lot of time working in the Middle East and have a number of Muslin friends.

I won't go down the whole immigration route but this is always going to happen when your border control has no idea who exactly is within the midst of the people.
Frankly that is rubbish. How many of the people who have carried out attacks in the UK have been born overseas?

It is far too early to draw any conclusions from the shocking events in Paris today. I just hope that they find the perpetrators quickly and bring them to justice.

Frankly that is rubbish. How many of the people who have carried out attacks in the UK have been born overseas?

It is far too early to draw any conclusions from the shocking events in Paris today. I just hope that they find the perpetrators quickly and bring them to justice.

Yeh ok I take the essence of that back. Man enough too

It is a subject that is far bigger than me!!

Rest in peace.

Hopefully our media will not let us down this time. I won't be holding my breath...

Freedom of speech is one of those things where no inch can be given. Ever.

A time for reflection and composure from the French. Then action, considered action please France.

Horrible, horrible people justifying their despicable acts of cowardly violence with religion. Brainwashed, evil, stupid - no matter why the killers did what they did, there's absolutely no excuse for trying to oppress free speech with violence.

RIP brave cartoonists and police.

Back