• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Overall grade for the transfer window

Grade our transfer window

• A

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • B

Votes: 43 49.4%
  • C

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • D

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • E

• F

• U (Ungraded)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
moutinho was going to be icing on the cake if it happened.
bless levy for trying to reach for the skies

losing VDV was more shocking than anything, it was dembele for him it seems.
with dempsey who can play in many positions, we actually have a lot of options up front.
and a world class goalie if thats to be believed

definitely a top 4 team!

B for me. Maybe a bit generous in that Adebayor should have been in before the start of the season.

But the others, ins and outs, probably only would happen close to the bell.

OUTS
Modric - always going to go, clearly Levys brinksmanship got the best, inflated price. Is he really going to be worth £35m to Madrid???? Will he, in their vastly talented midfield, really make the difference that he did at WHL? And will he sell many shirts? With only one bidder milking £35m is genius..... I dread to think what Levy has promised as part of the "special partnership". Not that his agreements are worth that much, eh Luka?

Rafa - wish we could have kept him, but maybe a case of quitting while you are ahead for both him and us. Just don't think a 60 minute forward is what we need to be building a team around right now. Hamburg now become my favourite other team :) he will be their hero for the next 7 years. Good luck to them.

Other outs - Business that needed to be done, anything in the kitty would be a bonus. Glad Hudd and Daws haven't gone, hopefully there is not bad feeling there with the boss and they are given a fair chance. With the Europa plenty of football to go round. Jenas and Bentley, could have a useful role in the cups. Lots of Premiership clubs would happily have either as squad players.

Dempsey - Gone a long way to covering our attacking deficiencies. Not ideal, but clearly versatile enough to add completion right across the front line.

Dembele - Not necessarily a Modric replacement but if we can't bring a replacement in, for whatever reason, then it's a case of how well we work the system that we now play. Dembele along with our other first choice four or five midfielders is perfect and I think the overall front six (midfield and strikers) offer us enough creativity to have just as successful a season. With Siggy and Vertonghen it's a similar story, good players who will suit how we are going to play.

Lloris - Could be a massive, massive signing. People say that we didn't need a keeper now but the problem is, WHEN we need one, there may not be a good option. This is Frances number one keeper for crying out loud! Time will tell how suited he is to the English game but he's a very very sound keeper. Friedal will hopefully be happy to drop down to number 2.

As for the one that got away, Moutinho, well I'm gutted. Surprised that it was personal terms, would have thought that was all done in the background via AVB. A little worried too that signing Moutinho may have been a deal breaker when we signed up AVB too. Possibly could have been a come and get me to other suiters, and you get the feeling come January he will be out of our league, But maybe he was just that bit out of reach now anyway. I'm guessing it's wages, or if not release terms - surely players have to be wary of what happened to Luka.

As for Hugo, Mousa, Clint et al..... welcome to the Hotel California!

It goes from A*-G and then U for GCSEs. Sorry to be pedantic. Anyway I voted C as we sold 2 of our best players and didn't replace them very well.

It goes from A*-G and then U for GCSEs. Sorry to be pedantic. Anyway I voted C as we sold 2 of our best players and didn't replace them very well.

Not sure if sleep deprived...

What does this thread have anything to do with GCSEs?... :-k

B.

Six players who will be in or around our starting line-up added.

Two players who were starters now gone.

This has to be a significant overall improvement.

So basically this seasons squad compared to last is as follows:

Llloris as first choice GK.
Corluka out and Naughton in.
King out and Vertonghen in.
Bassong out and Caulker in.
VDV out and Sigurddson in.
Modric out and Dembele in.
Pienaar and Niko out and Dempsey in.

I have to say A- considering how much i rate Sig and Dembele. Dempsey i don't really rate that much tbh but i'm pretty sure he'll offer far more than Niko and Pienaar.

KD do you rate Sig and Dembele more than Luka and Rafa?

Overall we will need some time to gel as a newish side.

Maybe worth remembering that Bale and Defoe signed new contracts this window. A pretty good statement of intent from both them and us on both fronts.

C+/B-??? I'm really unsure. I pretty happy with the players that we have bought in. Each one of them is going to be an important member of the first team this year. I wasn't expecting the Dempsey signing but he has just come to us off the back of the best year of his career, he has goal's in him, good in the air, i can see him as more as a replacement for Ade than Defoe and his versatility will come in handy.

I'm unsure how we are going to set up though given we haven't purchased a similar replacement for Modric. This loss of him and VDV seem massive right now because they have been such important cogs in our team over the past couple of seasons. It will be interesting to see what AVB does with the players he has now.

KD do you rate Sig and Dembele more than Luka and Rafa?

Overall we will need some time to gel as a newish side.

Yes i do tbh and i'm not just saying that because we signed them. As you know i've rated those 2 for quite some time and honestly feel they will offer more to us than the 2 that left.

I've always said that luka modric type cms are overrated in this league and are not a necessity. You can work around having a designated playmaker providing you make the right signings and we've certainly done that (Dembele can play that role anyway if needed but he's more potent imo).

A also like that we're filled with tall, physically strong players too. I mean Vert, Kaboul, Sandro, Dempsey, Sig, Dembele, Bale, and Ade are all tall players that can head the ball so one can assume we're gonna be stronger in terms of attacking and defending corners.

9/10

Modric was always going. VDV is a loss but I think he can be covered.

Every area of the pitch we have improved on. Excited to see what Dempsey can do for us. I think he can be the steal of the window as we've lacked that killer instinct around goals.

I'll give this transfer window a 7, I'm more than happy with the players bought, but I feel that the things needed to be adressed in January last year are the same now. I feel we're quite weak in the goalscoring position, unless Dempsey keeps it up and takes Lennon's place. Was hoping for a younger and more dynamic midfield player, kudos to Dempsey, he's doing good for his age and a lot better physically than VdV. But still, he misses the special touch and Rafa's vision, though it's very difficult to replace those players I believe they are out there and gettable, even with our budget. Is this something to blame on the scouting department or just that every other plausible option that AVB wanted became too expensive?

I feel we are able to fight for at least fourth place, anything above would be a bonus, anything below sixth would be below my expectations. Hopefully a better rotation of the squad will keep it ticking until May, and it can happen alot of things during the january window. Actually, I'll state ITK right now; Rossi on loan (if he still comes back in february) with a view to buy if he recovers okay.

Who knows though, maybe I will be proven wrong about the issues, hopefully. I'm high, and a bit drunk, just rambling on here right now.

Unavoidable or not, we still lost Modric and failed to secure a like for like (in terms of quality) replacement. Losing VDV compounds this IMO. Voted a c. Where is the cover for Ade? What happens if Togo qualify for the ANC?

Unavoidable or not, we still lost Modric and failed to secure a like for like (in terms of quality) replacement. Losing VDV compounds this IMO. Voted a c. Where is the cover for Ade? What happens if Togo qualify for the ANC?

Transfer window will be open again by then.

B - easy

Let's all admit it, had we got Moutinho as well, it would have been the best Spurs window in decades if not ever (we have signed 1 or 2 good players before, but 6?)

Outs

- As I said in another thread King/Modric/VDV we had not real choice in
- No one else left that mattered, in fact the complaint should probably be that we had a few more to get rid of

Ins

- Look at it -> Lloris/Ade/Vert/Sig/Dembele/Dempsey, fudging amazing and a lot of investment

B - easy

Let's all admit it, had we got Moutinho as well, it would have been the best Spurs window in decades if not ever (we have signed 1 or 2 good players before, but 6?)

Outs

- As I said in another thread King/Modric/VDV we had not real choice in
- No one else left that mattered, in fact the complaint should probably be that we had a few more to get rid of

Ins

- Look at it -> Lloris/Ade/Vert/Sig/Dembele/Dempsey, fudging amazing and a lot of investment

only investing money we raised from sales, how is that fcuking amazing???

we are weaker now than at the end of last season

lets see who we sell in Jan to raise more funds

overall grade is a C....AVB has a huge job on his hands now

7/10. 6 first team players to replace one who didn't want to be here, one who can't finish a game and one who retired.

Overall the team is stronger even if the like-for-like signings aren't as 'good' - for that, read: expensive/famous. They are more versatile. Lloris is a top signing, Vertonghen is a top signing, Dembele and Dempsey are very strong signings, Sigurdsson has a lot of potential to grow into the role and is (in my opinion) a better fit than Van der Vaart.

Got rid of some dead wood and gave some younger players game time elsewhere.

Moutinho would be the icing on the cake.

Back