• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our fans in Europe

Can you describe the said gentlemen as I had the exact same experience.

Front row of the Away end, slightly to the left of goal. He was a 40-something bloke with short-hair (I think). He was giving Ade both barrells for the whole 120 minutes, non-stop "you're a caaaant" etc, although he also was laying into others too!!

I disagree with this. There was a lot more trouble in the past decade than in this one because its only now that the media have started picking up on it and making a big deal out of it.

How long had the campbell chant been around for before he came out to the media about it? Only then was it picked up on.
Same with the wenger chant. Its not done no more because the media are aware of it.

Football has alot more cameras and microphones etc than ever following it.

I have been travelling around with Spurs for nearly 50 years, and i can tell you there is far more personal abuse of players then there ever has been before. I am at the lane every week and the number of macarons who spend the whole game slagging and booing certain players has got far worse.

As far as the sol song goes my main problem with it is like it or not we started singing it in march? 2006 not a word was said we sung it for two good years until September 2008 when redknapp got the hump at that game at fratton said about disgraceful chanting and low and behold all the media jumps on the racist spurs fans bandwagon. Surely if its as disgusting and as offensive as people like to work out we'd of been pulled up on it first time it was ever sung in large number(which it was) i don't personally like the song more so cos don't like singing songs about him regardless just seems a bit odd.

Back