• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our "Big Name" players

Modric - Having seen him absolutely flounder in a fair few "big" games now, I am beginning to wonder if we really do over rate him.

Bale - We know that he CAN perform in big games, and again he scored today.

VDV - Thought he did OK in the first half, but went missing in the second. Another who tends to be hit and miss in the bigger matches.

Ade - Had enough of him. I want to see Defoe start ahead of him every single match now.

---

This defeat hurts (even though I have said from the outset that Chelsea ARE a better team than us with better players, and that it was AVB doing such a terrible job that has put them in this position) but I am really beginning to think that our so called superstars are nowhere near as good as we think and maybe it really is a case of this season we have OVER achieved earlier in the season, rather than blowing it.

We definitely need a refresh in the Summer. Two new full backs, at least one new centre half and we still need a new forward. And maybe, just maybe, selling our midfield superstar won't be such a tragedy after all.

I don't really know how I feel right now but one things for sure our players have something wrong mentally and should be ashamed of themselves.

Modric - has been poor for a while, regardless of what people on here say, definitely over-rated. Most players are these days.

Bale - Needs to work on something other than pace. It won't always beat another player.

VdV - A real hit and miss player. Not sure if it's his mentality, skill or fitness.

Adebayor - For someone on such high wages is shocking at finishing.

We were fine until Defoe came on. We were up for it after scoring the goal. We were on top. Then we went 442 lost the midfield and were routed.

No way do we overrate Modric, if we do, then so does the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, the greatest manager in the history of the Premier League and one of the best managers of all time who thought Modric was the one of the best players in the Premier League last season..

Am I the only one that rates Ade?? He wins so much in the air and brings others in to play, runs the channels & seemed to be the only one pressing for the whole game. His problem is he gets too isolated.

It really makes no sense to me either.

There's an obvious logic to it. People are looking for a Tottenham player to win the game, to change the game. They look to their high profile players for that. When we haven't won then their logic is that it's our high profile player's 'fault' for not winning for us.

We were fine until Defoe came on. We were up for it after scoring the goal. We were on top. Then we went 442 lost the midfield and were routed.

I agree. It was way too early for that. We had a full 20 minutes to get the leveller. We'd had the better of the game and deserved to be level, at that point. 1-5! Just can't believe it! :frown:

There's an obvious logic to it. People are looking for a Tottenham player to win the game, to change the game. They look to their high profile players for that. When we haven't won then their logic is that it's our high profile player's 'fault' for not winning for us.

Which is correct logic. What seperates the top teams from the mid-table teams is the frequency in which the high profile players perform.

It really isn't that. People on here understand football, and they understand when a player is performing badly. It isn't a 'blame' thing at all, it's commenting on players not playing well.

Today (and for the past few games) Luka Modric hasn't been playing that well. It isn't a personal attack, it's a critique of a professional sportsman.

No way do we overrate Modric, if we do, then so does the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, the greatest manager in the history of the Premier League and one of the best managers of all time who thought Modric was the one of the best players in the Premier League last season..

fcuk ferguson and his batbrick mind games

he knows what he is doing with his deliberate praise

It really isn't that. People on here understand football, and they understand when a player is performing badly. It isn't a 'blame' thing at all, it's commenting on players not playing well.

Today (and for the past few games) Luka Modric hasn't been playing that well. It isn't a personal attack, it's a critique of a professional sportsman.

Well why are people blaming Modric and the other attacking players? It was the defence that collapsed at the end. But they're not high profile. So have a go at Modric, Bale and VDV.

Why isn't he playing well? Because he doesn't score every time we are about to lose?

He bossed Swansea.
He was by far our best player against Norwich,the only one trying to create something instead of hoofing the ball,even if it meant receiving the ball in our box.
Today his skill provided Parker the opportunity to play a very nice pass to Adebayor and he provided some great through balls to the wings which we wasted.

Back