• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our best attacking partnership

Armstrong was excellent for us when he first arrived, and then injuries hit.
I think you'll find that having his massive nose pimple removed marked the exact moment that he became rubbish.

I remember making a bet with one of my schoolmates that Armstrong and Sheringham would score more than Fowler and Collymore. Started off well, but wasn't even close come the end of the 1995/96 season.

From what I've heard, our greatest ever strike partnership was Jimmy Greaves' left foot on one side, and his right foot on the other. Closely followed by his head.

Keane and Berbatov in an otherwise mediocre side deserve a mention (tactic was Robbo -> Berbs -> Keane -> goal)

Kane and Son are now statistically the best

So far we have nominations for:

Kane and Son
Kane and Dele
Berbatov and Keane
Crooks and Archibald
Klinsmann and Sheringham
Crouch and VdV
Lineker and Gazza
Chivers and Gilzean
Iversen and Armstrong
Greaves and Smith
Lee and Moores
Greaves and Gilzean

Anyone else?

So far we have nominations for:

Kane and Son
Kane and Dele
Berbatov and Keane
Crooks and Archibald
Klinsmann and Sheringham
Crouch and VdV
Lineker and Gazza
Chivers and Gilzean
Iversen and Armstrong
Greaves and Smith
Lee and Moores
Greaves and Gilzean

Anyone else?

You left out Bent and Dos Santos.

How do people want to do this? As a straight poll or should I drag this out over Christmas with head to head knockout polls?

Armstrong was excellent for us when he first arrived, and then injuries hit.

Do I vaguely recall a stat that him and Sheringham scored more in their first season than Sheringham and Klinsmann or am I making that up?

Iversen was a player too. Should have been destined for great things but injuries ruined him. Remember him getting a great hat trick up at Sunderland one year and assisting the other.

Back