• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our best attacking partnership

milo

Jack L. Jones
Son and Kane are on fire right now but what is our best attacking partnership ever? Nominations now. I'll add a poll later, maybe qualifiers, depending on how many we get.

Crouch and VdV worked pretty well, although not an out and out strike partnership. But it was effective and enjoyable!

holy trinity, sheringham, anderton and barmby that was a great sight to see with movement, intelligence and understanding each other

sorry, not really a front pair lol

I fear you may be joking, but they both got better numbers than they should have in the teams they played for imo.

The second pair probably made my first look like I was joking, but I wasn't really. Obviously nothing to compare with the other pairs named in this thread, but that was our strike force when I first started watching Spurs. Saw Armstrong score on my first trip to the Lane, 2-0 against Wimbledon in April 2000.

The second pair probably made my first look like I was joking, but I wasn't really. Obviously nothing to compare with the other pairs named in this thread, but that was our strike force when I first started watching Spurs. Saw Armstrong score on my first trip to the Lane, 2-0 against Wimbledon in April 2000.

I really liked both of them, even bought a shirt with Iversen’s name on at one point.

Iversen, Armstrong, and quite a few others who has gone through our talent-mincer in the 1990/2000-era, turning gems to turds, gets me often thinking about "what could have been..."
If only we had a half-decent medical staff back then.
If only we had a manager with todays knowledge of fitness, training periodization, who managed to keep them (and Anderton) fit for any length of time.
If only...

The nineties and early 2000s ruined so many brilliant talents across the Premier League, as the physics of the game went forwards in leaps and bounds, but most teams were stuck in the training setup from the 1980's. Add the brickloads of money poured into the pockets of these more or less constantly half-injured players with way to much time on their hands, and you have a recipe for human disasters.

Back