• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our 2 big problems this season...

Yeah he is a typical old school Spurs player from when we had no team players and relied on average players IMO
Not saying he is the answer, we can all remember him running into cul-desacs or blazing high and wide when he should have passed, but he showedntoday that we lacked any direct running players that can break the lines of defences. We played the whole game in front of their defencive lines, and had no one who could open space by beating players, my point is we are predictable. That doesn't mean we aren't going to win a lot of games, just that we have no plan B subs, just swap similar players {Chadli for Son, Son for Lamela etc]

Don't judge a player in what is a no lose game against a team not interesteD

I'm convinced Townsend will smash it up in the championship but it means nothing in the grand scheme of things

Verheijen is an attention seeking clown, desperately trying to get his own name out there every time a club suffers from injuries or poor form.

He's not exactly saying something unusual, though. It's common sense that we possibly might need to consider.

I personally don't see players burning out as a problem *provided* we have seamless rotation available to draw upon - but if we don't..well, there's a reason that Bielsa, despite being the creator of brilliant tactics and systems, never really won much. It might be because his teams just tire too quickly. Which is something Poch and Klopp will also have to factor into their squad building and management techniques.

Verheijen is an attention seeking clown, desperately trying to get his own name out there every time a club suffers from injuries or poor form.

In march he said:

Spurs are in a flow, they’re great to watch, but what you often see is that his teams run out of gas in the last part of the season.

“That happened at Southampton and in his first season with Spurs.

“They had some setbacks in the last few weeks, so now the question is will they be able to pick up or will this pattern of losing and drawing develop further. It’s a critical moment for them.

To be fair there's no denying that he was spot on and that this may be causing problems. Raneri was the complete opposite and awarded players time off and it didn't seem to do Leciester any harm.

I guess next year we'll have more of an idea if it happens again!

In march he said:

To be fair there's no denying that he was spot on and that this may be causing problems. Raneri was the complete opposite and awarded players time off and it didn't seem to do Leciester any harm.

I guess next year we'll have more of an idea if it happens again!

We didn't look like we were running out of steam against Stoke and ManU. This isn't down to the physical condition of the players, but their attitude.

The thing is, we don't really know what the players are doing in these alleged double training sessions.

If they are going hell for leather in sprints and in the gym and absolutely busting a gut, that doesn't sound right to me... with all the games they face, the long hard season of training, I would imagine they should focus more on stretching, warm downs, recovery of muscles and that kind of thing.

But we just don't know, all we are shown is their kickabouts in the open air which seem like fairly half hearted 3-a-side games with short pitches and full sized goals, which surely isn't the most strenuous or advanced training we do?

The thing is, we don't really know what the players are doing in these alleged double training sessions.

If they are going hell for leather in sprints and in the gym and absolutely busting a gut, that doesn't sound right to me... with all the games they face, the long hard season of training, I would imagine they should focus more on stretching, warm downs, recovery of muscles and that kind of thing.

But we just don't know, all we are shown is their kickabouts in the open air which seem like fairly half hearted 3-a-side games with short pitches and full sized goals, which surely isn't the most strenuous or advanced training we do?

According to the guy showing us around, they warm up indoors (hard to tell through the windows, but looked like a lot stretching was involved). Then they did warmup excercises with the ball that we got to watch. Basically cardiovascular training that doesn't involve lung busting runs in the woods.

After training they eat lunch together and have the afternoon off. I don't think double sessions is that regular a thing and I doubt the second one would be particularly intense. Everyone is free to do work on their own of course.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...premier-league-collapse-but-mauricio-pochet/?

By Matt Law, Football News Correspondent
16 May 2016, 6:36 PM

The inquest over how Tottenham Hotspur contrived to surrender the Premier League title, second place and the chance to finish above rivals Arsenal is unlikely to focus on the workload manager Mauricio Pochettino put on his players.

Pochettino has promised to analyse what went wrong over the closing weeks of the season and hinted that some of the players who downed tools in the 5-1 thrashing at relegated Saudi Sportswashing Machine face uncertain futures. Ryan Mason and Heung-Min Son were dragged off at half-time.

There have already been accusations that Pochettino may have been partly responsible for leaving his players physically and mentally exhausted at the end of a season in which Spurs played 53 games in all competitions.

There have also been claims that Pochettino ditched plans to given the players an extended break after the defeat to Southampton that left Tottenham needing a point against Saudi Sportswashing Machine to clinch second place.

Spurs are insistent, however, that questions or criticisms regarding Pochettino’s hard-work approach are baseless – a view which is believed to be shared by the manager’s on-field generals Jan Vertonghen, Hugo Lloris and Harry Kane.

Pochettino’s team threw away leads against West Bromwich Albion, Chelsea and Southampton before being humiliated by 10-man Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

A source told Telegraph Sport that some members of Pochettino’s squad had been “knackered” for weeks, while outspoken Dutch fitness coach Raymond Verheijen has questioned the Argentine’s hard-work approach on his personal Twitter account.

Over the course of those four games, Tottenham conceded six goals in the last 20 minutes. Dele Alli and Mousa Dembele showed the mental strain of the title challenge by committing reckless acts that resulted in costly retrospective bans.

Kane insists any inquest should focus on the players and said: “We just haven’t been good enough in the last few games – it’s not just Saudi Sportswashing Machine, we should never have lost to Southampton either. It probably started from drawing the West Brom game, but it’s hard to say exactly what went wrong.

“We’re professionals and we wanted it to be us lifting the League. We have to use that as motivation for next year. It’s obviously going to be another tough season. It’ll be a long old year, with top teams, but we have to cope with that at the top level if we want to be fighting for the Premier League again.

“We have to use days like this (against Saudi Sportswashing Machine) – and the whole of the last four weeks – as motivation. We have to learn from it. We have to learn how to finish teams off and finish the season off as well.

"Because if we had been still in the title run in and this had happened at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, we’d have been even more gutted. If it had come down to the last day and something like this happened, it would be even more hurtful.

“Games like Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and the last few weeks, show there’s still a lot of work to do. We haven’t cracked it yet. We’re still learning, we still have to work hard and we still have to improve.”

Tottenham have still not finished above Arsenal since 1995, following the end-of-season collapse, and Kane added: “That definitely makes it harder because we know how much it means to the fans and how much it means to the club.

“When people think Arsenal had a bad season and we’ve had a good one, yet they still finish above us, it hurts.

“We just haven’t been good enough. We needed to finish the season off strong, but I think that’s two points from the last four games and that’s unacceptable considering how we played the rest of the season.

"All we can do is apologise to the fans. We have to stick together through tough times – and we’re still playing Champions League football.”

Kane finished the season as the Premier League’s Golden Boot winner with 25 goals, but admitted that the achievement had been overshadowed.

“It would have been nicer to have won the award [Golden Boot] on a better day, that’s for sure,” said Kane. “Look, it’s a personal achievement and it’s something I’m proud of, but if I had the choice between winning today (against Saudi Sportswashing Machine) or having the Golden Boot, I’d rather have won today. For me, it’s a little bit of a good feeling, but overall I’m gutted that we haven’t finished the season off strong.”

Irrespective of what I think, I wonder who this 'source' c*nt could be. I'm thinking Tim.

Back