• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs Transfer Thread

Saudi Sportswashing Machine agree fee with Montpellier for Remy Cabella and hope to bring in Daryl Janmaat, Sky sources understand.

Their recruitment policy seems to be about buying all the emerging talent from Holland and France that aren't quite good enough to attract the top clubs.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine agree fee with Montpellier for Remy Cabella and hope to bring in Daryl Janmaat, Sky sources understand.

Their recruitment policy seems to be about buying all the emerging talent from Holland and France that aren't quite good enough to attract the top clubs.
Its not a bad policy

Can I just be the first person to ask, if Sanchez is so good, why did Barca sell him? They don't need the money.

Maybe because they rate Suarez more? I can assure you Sanchez is world class. And yes they do need the money as Suarez costs £75m

Very true. To me Sanchez looks like a better version of Walcott, or have I got that wrong?

I think that seems like a fair assessment.

So the rule is if Barca sell then the player isn't good? Right then so Fabregas, Luis Figo, Ronaldo, Diego Maradona are all useless then.

It couldn't be that they are part financing the arrival of Suarez, not to mention they have Pedro. 2 players who both can play where Sanchez plays.

Also...Barca are prone to making terrible decisions in the transfer market.

Sanchez is a very good player indeed and shouldn't be sold in my opinion.

On another point you made, yes Schnederlin is way better than Khedira. If we sign him I also wouldn't be bothered if they got Khedira

I agree with your overall point, Barca selling a player doesn't mean that the player isn't good. Disagree with your examples though. Fabregas wasn't "sold", he was poached by Arsenal due to a legal loophole that wouldn't allow Barca to offer him a proper professional contract. Figo was one of the best players in the world at the time and was sold at a world record fee, Ronaldo was sold after a contract dispute, I don't know about the Maradona sale, but that was a different era. None of those are comparable to them selling a clearly good, but arguably not world class Sanchez for a "fair fee".

Thing is Arsene's record with big money signings is not great and the pl has no respect for a player's status.

What do you mean when you say that the PL has no respect for a player's status? I don't think status comes into it, he's just a very good player and thus he's likely to do well.

where will suarez play in barca?

Interesting question. It does seem like a front 3 of Messi, Neymar and Suarez is the obvious answer. I'm guessing Messi isn't going to accept getting shifted to a wide right position again and thus will remain as the most central of the 3. Neymar seems to enjoy his role wide left which more or less leaves Suarez starting on the right of the 3, but it's likely going to be a fairly fluid front 3 with players moving around quite freely. Could see a change to a "number 10" behind two strikers (4-3-1-2 looking thingy), but I doubt we'll see a change in formation like that at Barca under Luis Enrique.

Thanks braineclipse, that was sort of my point. If he was rated as highly by Barca as some on here seem to rate him, they wouldn't have sold him.

Not only do they think Suarez is better, but I'd say much better given all the baggage that goes with him plus the difference in age.

Barca are not in the selling promising player business, they are in the constant improvement in team business. So selling Sanchez doesn't fit with their idea of how they can improve.

Still the bar at Barca is obviously a lot higher than at Arsenal. But I don't think they've signed the next big hope like some are saying. They've bought Jose Reyes.

Thanks braineclipse, that was sort of my point. If he was rated as highly by Barca as some on here seem to rate him, they wouldn't have sold him.

Not only do they think Suarez is better, but I'd say much better given all the baggage that goes with him plus the difference in age.

Barca are not in the selling promising player business, they are in the constant improvement in team business. So selling Sanchez doesn't fit with their idea of how they can improve.

Still the bar at Barca is obviously a lot higher than at Arsenal. But I don't think they've signed the next big hope like some are saying. They've bought Jose Reyes.

As I've said on the previous page, and like I said in my post I agree with veron's overall point, and I disagree with you.

Barca rate him lower than Suarez, that much is obvious. But Suarez was the best player in the PL last season and arguably one of the top 5 attacking players in the world. Sanchez being worse than him doesn't make him Reyes.

Barca do look for constant improvement, but they've shown themselves willing to sell very good players to get there. A huge portion of their philosophy is to give chances to their academy players, that means not keeping high value players like Sanzhez as squad players. I disagreed with the specific examples mentioned by veron, but better examples are available. They've just sold Fabregas, clearly rated very highly by most PL fans, other players like Ibrahimovic, Eto'o and Yaya Toure can also be mentioned. All (imo) excellent players, not all sold for the same reasons as Sanchez, but all sold by Barca and not just because the player wanted away or a massive offer was received.

Like I also said on the previous page, Barca also sell players partly because they don't fit their rather specific style of play. Sanchez is a very good player that wasn't a great fit at Barcelona. He's a great dribbler, has tons of pace and scores goals, but perhaps not perfect for the intricate quick passing style with other players like Messi, Iniesta and later Neymar as the main attacking threats and Sanchez playing a more peripheral role.

I think he will do really well at Arsenal, he's a lot better than Reyes ever was, has proven himself both in Italy and for Chile in addition to being good in La Liga. He's a pretty solid upgrade on most of the attacking players at Arsenal. He might need some time to adjust, but it's a very good signing - just like it would have been a couple of years ago if he had been signed directly from Italy.

Barca sell players when they are done with them. Sanchez hasn't had the chance to do anything with them and he is being let go. They sold Toure because they didn't rate him. They sold Fabregas because they have better players.

Okay, the better players than Sanchez are 3 of the top 5 or 6 players in the world but the point stands, Barca are willingly selling Sanchez because they don't see him being as good as the other options they have.

But the way people are going on about Sanchez it's as if they are signing a Suarez/Neymar quality player. They aren't.

Barca sell players when they are done with them. Sanchez hasn't had the chance to do anything with them and he is being let go. They sold Toure because they didn't rate him. They sold Fabregas because they have better players.

Okay, the better players than Sanchez are 3 of the top 5 or 6 players in the world but the point stands, Barca are willingly selling Sanchez because they don't see him being as good as the other options they have.

But the way people are going on about Sanchez it's as if they are signing a Suarez/Neymar quality player. They aren't.

I'm quite sure they rated Toure, just that they rated others higher, just like with Fabregas and Sanchez.

I really haven't seen anyone going on about Sanches as if he's a Suarez or Neymar level player. Just that he's a top class player, not quite good enough for a club like Barca. A player good enough to clearly improve Arsenal considering that his competition there will be players like Walcott, Giroud and Podolski instead of Neymar and Suarez. People rate him somewhere borderline to world class, depending on the definition of world class seems fair to me. Certainly a lot more fair than putting him in the same category as Reyes.

What do you mean by not having the chance to do anything with them? According to wikipedia he's played 25, 29 and 34 league games for Barca in his 3 respective seasons for them. With his last season being the 34 games, racking up 19 goals and 10 assists in those 34 games.

Edit: Just to clarify the stats, according to whoscored he started 20, 18 and 27 league games in those 3 seasons with the highest number being last time around. I really don't see how this is not having the chance to do anything with them.

Last edited:
I'm quite sure they rated Toure, just that they rated others higher, just like with Fabregas and Sanchez.

I really haven't seen anyone going on about Sanches as if he's a Suarez or Neymar level player. Just that he's a top class player, not quite good enough for a club like Barca. A player good enough to clearly improve Arsenal considering that his competition there will be players like Walcott, Giroud and Podolski instead of Neymar and Suarez. People rate him somewhere borderline to world class, depending on the definition of world class seems fair to me. Certainly a lot more fair than putting him in the same category as Reyes.

What do you mean by not having the chance to do anything with them? According to wikipedia he's played 25, 29 and 34 league games for Barca in his 3 respective seasons for them. With his last season being the 34 games, racking up 19 goals and 10 assists in those 34 games.

Edit: Just to clarify the stats, according to whoscored he started 20, 18 and 27 league games in those 3 seasons with the highest number being last time around. I really don't see how this is not having the chance to do anything with them.

I just don't consider him to be an ingrained member of the team there. Stats are misleading, especially goals scored and assists with Baca, because the gap in class between them (& Real & Atletico) and most of the rest is huge. Very easy to pad your numbers.

But I thought he was younger and surprised he appeared so much. I've always taken him for being on the outer there struggling to make an impact.

And veron23: a youtube clip? Really? You can find similar on Reyes who was a talent before Arsenal bought him (just like us with Lamela really)

I just don't consider him to be an ingrained member of the team there. Stats are misleading, especially goals scored and assists with Baca, because the gap in class between them (& Real & Atletico) and most of the rest is huge. Very easy to pad your numbers.

But I thought he was younger and surprised he appeared so much. I've always taken him for being on the outer there struggling to make an impact.

And veron23: a youtube clip? Really? You can find similar on Reyes who was a talent before Arsenal bought him (just like us with Lamela really)

I didn't try to use those stats in isolation to show that he's a good player. I brought that up directly in response to you saying that Sanchez hadn't had a chance to do anything at Barcelona. For that I really don't think those stats are misleading.

BsW7lUyCUAIJzTa.png

Southampton sign Graziano Pelle

[tweet]488088696772493312[/tweet]

They will, hopefully, fall foul of FFP if they keep this up.

Back