• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs Transfer Thread

Its been discussed to death but there were loads of factors which enabled "even" Brendan Rogers to get close to the title last season.

It does'nt realy matter who Arsenal sign, Wenger cannot and will not win the title. He simply is'nt good enough in the year 2014/15. He is an old school manager stuck in a bygone age. His flaws have simply been covered up by other teams (most noticeably US!) failing to take advantage. They will finish 4th at best.

I agree. Arsenal will start well in PL like they always do then tail off. Their squad is still some way off Chelsea and City imo

Khedira is also massively over rated. I rate Ramsey and Arteta higher. I predict him to flop

If we manage to sign Schneiderlin, then we signed the better player.

Sanchez could go the way of Arshavin, Reyes, who each had similar wraps when Arsenal signed them.

Interesting to see everybody putting up formations of Arsenal's midfield and forward players but nobody considering their defence. This is where titles are usually won and lost.

I think if Arsenal keep both Koscielny and Mertesacker fit then they have a chance.... A mid to long term injury for either of them I think would put paid to their title challenge as they are very weak in their back-up choices. Can they be lucky to keep both fit for almost all of the season as they were last year?

I really don't care if they finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 15th.........I simply want us to finish a season above them, is that too much to ask. Football is as much about rivalries as it is trophies and I cannot even remember the last time we finished a season higher than them in the league, what was it 1995? Its a fcuking joke and despite them falling back in recent years and us improving still we can't overtake them, not even for just one season.

Now they are starting to spend big money, have the stadium and finances in place, have finally won a trophy, we are slipping away from them again. That's the problem

You cant be serious ? So next season you would rather us finish 14th and Arsenal 15th rather then us finish 3rd in a champions league spot if it meant Arsenal finishing 2nd !

Just so you could say "we finished above you".

Christ !

Last edited:
I really don't care if they finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 15th.........I simply want us to finish a season above them, is that too much to ask. Football is as much about rivalries as it is trophies and I cannot even remember the last time we finished a season higher than them in the league, what was it 1995? Its a fcuking joke and despite them falling back in recent years and us improving still we can't overtake them, not even for just one season.

Now they are starting to spend big money, have the stadium and finances in place, have finally won a trophy, we are slipping away from them again. That's the problem

Really?

As far as I can tell, we're still on the same number of points.

Why not wait until the season is at least a few months old before sinking into doom and gloom? They've signed one good player. And there's no guarantee that he will adapt well to the Premier League. I'd say that we've done the more important business thus far this summer - appointing an exciting, young, Premier League proven manager who will find it difficult not to do a better job of organising the players than the two previous incumbents.

You cant be serious ? So next season you would rather us finish 14th and Arsenal 15th rather then us finish 3rd in a champions league spot if it meant Arsenal finishing 2nd !

Just so you could say "we finished above you".

Christ !

If that's all you can take from what I said then fair enough

Can I just be the first person to ask, if Sanchez is so good, why did Barca sell him? They don't need the money.

Can I just be the first person to ask, if Sanchez is so good, why did Barca sell him? They don't need the money.

They do need the money.

Also a player can be very good, but not quite be a perfect fit at Barcelona as they play a particular style. They've had problems signing players in the past for that reason.

They do need the money.

Also a player can be very good, but not quite be a perfect fit at Barcelona as they play a particular style. They've had problems signing players in the past for that reason.

If his playing style isnt suitable for Barca will it be anymore appropriate at Arsenal?

If his playing style isnt suitable for Barca will it be anymore appropriate at Arsenal?

Could very easily be yes as their styles are similar, but far from identical.

I don't think Walcott would be a good fit for Barca for example, but he did really well before his injury at Arsenal. Arsenal are also a lot more flexible than Barcelona have been in recent years in terms of adapting their style of play.

I actually think Barcelona is one of the hardest teams to fit into for a new player. About half their team or more have been playing a style of play since their early teenage years and have a decade of experience playing alongside each other as a unit in a very demanding style of play. To come in from the outside into that can't be easy, and that's why I think some of the more successful signings Barca have made in recent years like Pique and Alba have been players they've brought back to the club.

There was a time when their only really successful first team player that had been signed form a different club and never been at La Masia was Alves I think.

Could very easily be yes as their styles are similar, but far from identical.

I don't think Walcott would be a good fit for Barca for example, but he did really well before his injury at Arsenal. Arsenal are also a lot more flexible than Barcelona have been in recent years in terms of adapting their style of play.

I actually think Barcelona is one of the hardest teams to fit into for a new player. About half their team or more have been playing a style of play since their early teenage years and have a decade of experience playing alongside each other as a unit in a very demanding style of play. To come in from the outside into that can't be easy, and that's why I think some of the more successful signings Barca have made in recent years like Pique and Alba have been players they've brought back to the club.

There was a time when their only really successful first team player that had been signed form a different club and never been at La Masia was Alves I think.

Very true. To me Sanchez looks like a better version of Walcott, or have I got that wrong?

So the rule is if Barca sell then the player isn't good? Right then so Fabregas, Luis Figo, Ronaldo, Diego Maradona are all useless then.

It couldn't be that they are part financing the arrival of Suarez, not to mention they have Pedro. 2 players who both can play where Sanchez plays.

Also...Barca are prone to making terrible decisions in the transfer market.

Sanchez is a very good player indeed and shouldn't be sold in my opinion.

On another point you made, yes Schnederlin is way better than Khedira. If we sign him I also wouldn't be bothered if they got Khedira

Last edited:
And I read the other day that they might be bringing Hutton back into the first team squad...

Hutton and Richardson on the full backs... :)

Back