• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

Sky Italia reporting Napoli looking to buy Jackson Martinez for €32mil from Porto. Personal terms and 5 year deal already agreed.

Realise Sky Italia aren't the most reliable but that's insane money if true even though he's got a great record in Portugal.

yeh i'm not going to go into detail about what he lacks again so we'll just leave it until if/when he signs. That way people can see his game week in and week out and pass a judgement from what they see with their eyes.

Soldado can play for my Spurs. He doesn't have the baggage Suarez brings and will continue to bring if he stays in England.

I suppose Danny Blanchflower's assement of Suarez would go something like: "It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, then going out and biting the other lot, waiting for them to die of rabies."

Scummiest player to darken the Premier League's doors. Going to Arsenal won't be any solution for him. It speaks to how desperate they've become when they sink to this level of aspiration. In all likelihood, Liverpool are just using them as an icebreaker, to clear the way for shipping him abroad.

Last edited:
Sky Italia reporting Napoli looking to buy Jackson Martinez for €32mil from Porto. Personal terms and 5 year deal already agreed.

Realise Sky Italia aren't the most reliable but that's insane money if true even though he's got a great record in Portugal.

Martinez, Higuain, Albiol, Reina, Callejon, Mertens, and Rafael Benitez (who I still rate as a top-class manager) all brought in, with just one player of note leaving (Cavani). Napoli will be definitely be a force in Serie A this season, and will be interesting to watch in the CL as well.

Gary Hooper is off to Norwich for a medical....5 mill fee

if we cant afford Soldado why dont we go for a cheapo like this, or maybe Jordan Rhodes for 10-12 mill....both are simple goalscorers, just like Soldado

Gary Hooper is off to Norwich for a medical....5 mill fee

if we cant afford Soldado why dont we go for a cheapo like this, or maybe Jordan Rhodes for 10-12 mill....both are simple goalscorers, just like Soldado

because we are a big club!

Martinez, Higuain, Albiol, Reina, Callejon, Mertens, and Rafael Benitez (who I still rate as a top-class manager) all brought in, with just one player of note leaving (Cavani). Napoli will be definitely be a force in Serie A this season, and will be interesting to watch in the CL as well.

IF we were to sell Bale I suppose we might see the same thing
I wouldnt back selling him for any money - I just want to see the lad play for us and get to the top with us, not by leaving
BUT him leaving would not be a doomsdau scenario if that money was reinvested
It might even be enough money to go from being a one-man team to a three-man team

Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal target Adil Rami can leave Valencia for £7.75m

VALENCIA have said that defender Adil Rami can leave this summer - if Emirates Marketing Project or Arsenal cough up £7.75m.

Rami is reportedly wanted by both Manuel Pellegrini and Arsene Wenger, with the French international keen to leave Spain.

And according to Spanish sports paper Marca, Rami could be allowed to move on from Valencia for a fee of just £7.75million (€9m).

Initially the La Liga outfit are said to have wanted as much as £21.5m (€25m) for the 27-year-old, which dropped to £10m (€12m) after his buyout clause was made known.

And now Valencia are willing to accept offers of just £7.75m (€9m), which could spark renewed interest from the Emirates and the Etihad.

The former Lille centre-back put suitors on alert last month by saying: "My desire is to find a bigger club."

Paris Saint-Germain are also looking at Rami and could rival Arsenal and City for his signature.

:-k wonder if Levy is trying to do a similar knockdown in price for Soldado

Rami is a good defender, surprised he is so cheap

if Arse were to call their transfer activity a day with the signing of Suarez - and we were to sign Soldado, how would we all feel about that?

Fine.

I think Suarez to the filth would be a liability. Wenger's never EVER had a player like that before, he does not like to deal with players who carry that sort of baggage and are uncontrollable (let's face it, Suarez would control Suarez if he could but he genuinely cannot, it's an affliction) and the potential time-bomb is massive at that club if he joins.

They need a goalkeeper, another CB and a holding midfielder before they need a striker. Frankly, it would make me laugh.

Aside from all that, the raw 'despise' factor would grow tenfold. Imagine the climb-down some of their pious 'supporters' would have to engage in?!!!! Not since I did a 180 on Gallas would the world of the football fan have seen 'zero to hero' so quickly LOL!!!!

Back