• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

You guys are going to break the forum with these massive quotes

Harry is gone and ain't coming back - we will never (unless someone on here is Levy's son) know the full reasons as to why he left - personally I don't believe those were purely football-related at all.

The rest is unecessary revisionism, imv - and petty point scoring to be memorised and used in future 'debates' as reference - i.e. aaaah, you were in the anti-Arry camp therefore, blah, blah, blah

For five snakes - let it go, lads - we have a new, exciting manager, bringing in exciting ideas, and massive potential who can be with us for decades (something very rare in the modern game), someone looking to establish a system defining our outlook and ethos as a club as well as a brand (much like Wenger and Ferguson have done in their nests) - SAF had 4 brick seasons before he won a trophy - AVB's had 3 average games (threee fudging games!) and the knives are out. fudging hell, you couldn't make it up

can i ask what is so exciting?

"not interested in positive discussions" ??.....what exactly do you mean by that

i'll hold my hands up to criticizing where normally i wouldnt be as harsh, but maybe normally i'm too lenient and accomodating?

dont you have to make stuff up to be a WUM? kind of like saying that someone only buys old players on their last legs or something

I do not think that picking people up on minor things in order to get even over past arguments is a very positive way to post.

The site rules define a WUM as:

"Posters deliberately seeking to wind up other posters or repeatedly posting the same thing across multiple threads"

so no, you do not need to make anything up.

The period towards the end of last season with the infighting over Redknapp was a low point for this board. It made the admin team think about the way that we moderate the board and was one of the main reasons why we are now trying to stamp out the bullying and shouting down that a small number posters think is an acceptable way to treat other people.

I do not think that picking people up on minor things in order to get even over past arguments is a very positive way to post.

like what?

The site rules define a WUM as:

"Posters deliberately seeking to wind up other posters or repeatedly posting the same thing across multiple threads"

so no, you do not need to make anything up.

deliberately seeking to wind up other posters. not me. so thats one down

posting the same thing across multiple threads. so arguing a point across multiple threads is considered being a WUM. Hmmmmm, .....

okay then, obviously this is for everyone that argues their point across various threads...not just me, cause if i was a paranoid person i would think you were telling me this and not others.

fair enough.

edit:- LOL just realised what this means indirectly. i cant argue harry's corner again in a different thread without being a WUM. :lol:

Last edited:
like what?

deliberately seeking to wind up other posters. not me. so thats one down

posting the same thing across multiple threads. so arguing a point across multiple threads is considered being a WUM. Hmmmmm, .....

okay then, obviously this is for everyone that argues their point across various threads...not just me, cause if i was a paranoid person i would think you were telling me this and not others.

fair enough.

edit:- LOL just realised what this means indirectly. i cant argue harry's corner again in a different thread without being a WUM. :lol:

I'm responding to what you are saying your motivation is and what you say that you are trying to do. If I have got it wrong then please put me right.

I'm responding to what you are saying your motivation is and what you say that you are trying to do. If I have got it wrong then please put me right.

i'm saying that i'm going to criticize AVB as i see fit, especially in specific areas, my reasons is that i personally feel Harry was judged by others under the same yard stick..so why shouldnt he? it'll show people how unfair they were. this job isnt easy you know...(and no i dont want to go over that again cause then it'll be me that you claim is causing the problem). Added to that i dont see the need for comments that i VERY much disagree with regarding Harry to go without responding if i feel relatively strongly about it

you've concluded this to be the traits of a WUM and have gone on to quote rules at me as to why it is in-fact that.

but i see ironies in this thing everywhere so it doesnt really matter

i'm saying that i'm going to criticize AVB as i see fit, especially in specific areas, my reasons is that i personally feel Harry was judged by others under the same yard stick..so why shouldnt he? it'll show people how unfair they were. this job isnt easy you know...(and no i dont want to go over that again cause then it'll be me that you claim is causing the problem). Added to that i dont see the need for comments that i VERY much disagree with regarding Harry to go without responding if i feel relatively strongly about it

you've concluded this to be the traits of a WUM and have gone on to quote rules at me as to why it is in-fact that.

I see nothing wrong with criticising AVB for things that he gets wrong or questioning his decisions. I will certainly be doing this, whilst hoping that I don't get a chance to do this too often.

I think that trying to show people how wrong they were several months ago is a little pointless and could be the traits of a WUM if you are not careful.

Most importantly I want our club to be successful, do you?

I don't think it will. What I think it will do is cause a lot of unnecessary aggro and drag the old debates on Harry back up again and again. I think this forum has reached a stage where Harry cannot be a part of a reasoned debate as there's so much baggage that comes along with it. I WISH we could compare aspects of the two manager against each other when that is apt, but I just don't think it can be done. Right now I think we need to show support for our new manager and players. It doesn't have to be unconditional, but creating issues is not useful for anyone IMO (ie. manager X got this right, why do manager Y need to do things differently?).

I see nothing wrong with criticising AVB for things that he gets wrong or questioning his decisions. I will certainly be doing this, whilst hoping that I don't get a chance to do this too often.

I think that trying to show people how wrong they were several months ago is a little pointless and could be the traits of a WUM if you are not careful.

Most importantly I want our club to be successful, do you?

whatever, if i respond to this then i'm not letting things go and i'm 'potentially' being a WUM.

best to steer clear for the time being cause its not like people dropping Harry digs all over the place are getting pulled up on anything.

Last edited:
I don't think it will. What I think it will do is cause a lot of unnecessary aggro and drag the old debates on Harry back up again and again. I think this forum has reached a stage where Harry cannot be a part of a reasoned debate as there's so much baggage that comes along with it. I WISH we could compare aspects of the two manager against each other when that is apt, but I just don't think it can be done. Right now I think we need to show support for our new manager and players. It doesn't have to be unconditional, but creating issues is not useful for anyone IMO (ie. manager X got this right, why do manager Y need to do things differently?).

Jordinho, unfortunately i'm spent

oi, but seriously how come you didnt speak up for me when i said i was told not to mention harry in the transfer thread after someone else brought him up.....you were in there like in the THICK

where the heck is KD anyway?

best to steer clear for the time being cause its not like people dropping Harry digs all over the place are getting pulled up on anything

You've got no idea what people are getting picked up on because we do not comment on it on the forum unless the poster does.

I would resign as a mod if I thought that posters were being treated differently because of their views on Redknapp.

oi, but seriously how come you didnt speak up for me when i said i was told not to mention harry in the transfer thread after someone else brought him up.....you were in there like in the THICK

That thread was a mess, I can't remember 99% of the stuff that went into it. There were times it went off topic, not just about Harry, and someone would ask people to avoid that. And it's highly likely that some of it got directed at the wrong people, it moved too quickly some times.

That thread was a mess, I can't remember 99% of the stuff that went into it. There were times it went off topic, not just about Harry, and someone would ask people to avoid that. And it's highly likely that some of it got directed at the wrong people, it moved too quickly some times.

hahahahaaa...you judas!!! I dont believe you are selling me down the river like this...how do you sleep at night?? probably alot better than me actually ;)

awwww thats too funny. You and steff just happened to have that forgetful memory together. Some how , some way..there are aliens involved in all this:lol:

i know KD wont leave me hanging...when he gets back from wherever he is

hahahahaaa...you judas!!! I dont believe you are selling me down the river like this...how do you sleep at night?? probably alot better than me actually ;)

awwww thats too funny. You and steff just happened to have that forgetful memory together. Some how , some way..there are aliens involved in all this:lol:

i know KD wont leave me hanging...when he gets back from wherever he is

Very little. :(

And yes, my memory is a bit fudged today as I've hardly slept all weekend, but I generally lack attention span. I have no control over what my brain absorbs and what is left out :lol:

I can at least promise that we'll try to make the next transfer window a better experience in this place, even if Levy will fudge it up in the end 8-[ :-"

whatever, if i respond to this then i'm not letting things go and i'm 'potentially' being a WUM.

best to steer clear for the time being cause its not like people dropping Harry digs all over the place are getting pulled up on anything.

Can't you see that it is how you respond not whether you respond that we are talking about here?

I think it was me that asked you to do that. I cannot remember the exact details but I think it was a general warning to get the thread back on topic. We had a problem at the end of last season and at stages over the summer where every other thread had the same arguments about Redknapp going on in them. This was creating bad blood between posters and a bad atmosphere on the board.

If I asked you to stop talking about Redknapp in the transfer rumours thread, it was nothing personal and certainly not because of your views on Redknapp but because of a genuine desire to keep threads from being derailed and to stop posters from being at each others throats.

Back