• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT Mick McCarthy- legend. Train journey

Just spent 45 mins with him now. He's so cool. Given me a massive insight to the footballing world. I will add to this as I will (I'm drunk) but he is awesome.

y8e3y6e3.jpg

He called me Chris when I went. Said he would buy 4 players with Bale. Talked about when he got sacked and he just moved on and had no affiliation.

Said agents are bastards, if a player wants to move they will move.

Also said that players wages from div 1 are so different to prem players so they move to any clubs.

He was so cool.

He said I should become a coach, still at 30!

He said that players have too much control.

I said every year I lose a bit of love for football but he said football is magical and it's amazing so never lose the love. He was with his wife who fell asleep bit he said she was always with him and he sleeps football.

He was such a nice guy, he always said "chris..." When starting a sentence.

It was just nice to hear what he was saying from an actual manager. I've never really spoke to anyone famous for so long and actually had their attention.

I've never disliked Mick McCarthy and said Wolves were so wrong to get rid of him and he just said he had no problem at all and just moved on.

Legend

He said I should become a coach, still at 30!

He said that players have too much control.

I said every year I lose a bit of love for football but he said football is magical and it's amazing so never lose the love. He was with his wife who fell asleep bit he said she was always with him and he sleeps football.

He was such a nice guy, he always said "chris..." When starting a sentence.

It was just nice to hear what he was saying from an actual manager. I've never really spoke to anyone famous for so long and actually had their attention.

I've never disliked Mick McCarthy and said Wolves were so wrong to get rid of him and he just said he had no problem at all and just moved on.

Legend

So your name isn't David then Chris?

Great post mate and pleased you met him.

I met Chris Kamara in Chicago airport this summer and had a 10 minute chat with him and he was just as friendly and polite.

It seems the old school managers and players are top people and willing to give you the time of day.

Brilliant.Cheers for posting.

I'm quite envious, I've always liked him, says things as he sees it. Not saying I would like him as a Spurs boss, but still looks a top guy.

Nice one Triple G and glad you had a positive interaction! I've always felt he was a good bloke.

But seriously, posting a picture of yourself on a forum Chich frequents...

Great post mate and pleased you met him.

I met Chris Kamara in Chicago airport this summer and had a 10 minute chat with him and he was just as friendly and polite.

It seems the old school managers and players are top people and willing to give you the time of day.

Does appear that way doesn't it? I don't really meet anyone famous so it made y day really. I wonder if Mourinho or AVB would be as willing to give the time? Prob not!

Back