• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT Mancini - judgement time

Mancini isn't good enough.
Looking forward to seeing him get the sack then having to scrabble around with crap teams like Hughes.

It's like Ranieri all over again, wasn't good enough to take them that little bit further.
Watch them get a proper top class manager this summer and walk it next year.

Milo, do you think their is a difference in the style of football employed by Mancini in comparison to that of Mourinho?

Mancini is a dead man walking at City now, barring a monumental collapse by United; that fact was writ large for all to see in the stone faces in the Effeminates VIP seats today. They will make Mourinho an offer he can't refuse in the summer and tinkle the league next year ÔÇöa feat which will deserve to be met universally with a stupendous indifference.

I used to think he handled himself fairly well but like his team had faded badly and looks like a spoilt brat

I like him as a person, think a bit gets lost in translation. Feel a bit sorry for him now actually, he looked a broken man after the interview today.

He's too defensive to win the league here, bit like Benitez. Almost got beaten at Loftus Road in November and since then, has gone back to his old negative tactics away. They were pathetic today, Sczezny didn't have a save to make.

He's also a bit unlucky that he's facing probably the game's best ever manager, who will now have picked up 13 of the past 20 league titles. His teams are masters at seeing off titles.

I'm undecided whether I feel happy or actually huge sympathy for City fans at the very real possibility that after spending these hundreds of millions, there is a very good chance their arch rivals will trump them again and are quite likely to either win the title or have a guard of honour at the Etihad.

Either way, bye bye Roberto. And almost certainly Balotelli too.

Mancini is a dead man walking at City now, barring a monumental collapse by United; that fact was writ large for all to see in the stone faces in the Effeminates VIP seats today. They will make Mourinho an offer he can't refuse in the summer and tinkle the league next year —a feat which will deserve to be met universally with a stupendous indifference.

I dont think Mourinho will go to Man bricky. I think after the Madrid job he wouldnt mind somewhere like Spurs. Less politics less media attention and much less pressure.

The ONLY reason he would go to Man bricky is if he really wants to tinkle of Abramovich by winning the League with bricky and CL with bricky.

I believe he thinks he has unfinished business in this league, although I don't think he's worried about the pressure; he thinks he's far more important than the clubs he manages anyway. Neither do I think he'd be willing to come back here into a situation in which he was at a built-in pecuniary disadvantage to his old adversaries, Ferguson and Wenger, so I'll eat my hat if he comes to Spurs over City.

I dont think Mourinho will go to Man bricky. I think after the Madrid job he wouldnt mind somewhere like Spurs. Less politics less media attention and much less pressure.

The ONLY reason he would go to Man bricky is if he really wants to tinkle of Abramovich by winning the League with bricky and CL with bricky.

He has never managed teams that were the richest or second richest in the league. Why would he change the habit of a lifetime and a manage a team that can't compete in the transfer market?

at least his teams play a technical passing game. His sides are well coached, thats obvious. Yes the defensive side is important to him, but that doesnt mean his teams just defend and then constantly knock the ball long to the forwards Allardyce style.

hey, if Redknapp was allowed to get away with buying Crouch and us playing the hoof to Crouch and then working off his knockdowns, then surely we could cut Mancini a bit of slack for his emphasis on good defensive base. But maybe we cant, Mancini is a hot headed foreigner and not a cheeky chappy ****ney wide boy made good who everyone loves

Massive Mancini fan are you?

1 - Mancini's man management skills make Hoddle look like a world class man manager.
2 - That's the second time in three years City have been favourites for something and completey bottled it. Mancini the motivator? Doesn't look like it.....
3 - This season things changed a bit but was that more down to the billion pounds he spent on players? Or rather Toure being a different kind of player here than Spain? Either way Mancini's teams are defensive and boring to watch. Spurs fans are complaining about our 0-0 against Sunderland away from home. Mancini sets out like that home or away!
4 - Our fans moan about Redknapp's public conduct. Mancini's is far worse. Especially the "We will get top four" and "We will win the league" only then to fudge it up.
5 - If he can't win the title after spending that much money, with the quality of players at his disposal against the weakest Utd team for 20 years then he is hardly likely to win it with Spurs.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near Spurs. He is a complete spoiled brat, who simply isn't up to the task.

pop on by here when its CL final night and Barca are playing either Real or Bayern. Then you'll experience the full vitriol of hate towards Barca from a section of Spurs fans. But yeah, thats for another thread

I dont think Mancini necessarily sets his team out to play for a point, its more a case of setting them out not to lose first and then to build from that. From this point of view Redknapp and his coaches display the same tactics. on Saturday away at Sunderland was a little example. From what you say Mancini would have been murdered for playing two defensive midfielders in Sandro and Parker, and yet Redknapp seems to get away with it.

before he came to Tottenham, i wasnever that impressed with Redknapp teams. Im sure his Portsmouth team set a record of the consecutive number of games at home without scoring a goal. Redknapp teams have always been more pragmatic, with the odd moment of excitement. He certainly aint form the Ossie school of open free flowing football

a) when battling relegation you have to be pragmatic
b) it's nonsense anyway. Redknapp's teams always play a passing game and he loves his flair players.
c) Mancini pretty much ALWAYS plays two defensive midfielders so what are you talking about? Yaya is a defensive midfielder with a lot of ability and he normally lines up alongside Barry who is a defensive midfielder. Last year Barry/Jong was the central two. Both defensive players.

Your love for Mancini and hatred for Redknapp is somewhat bemusing.

he's gonna get sacked, this season has been a massive failure considering the investment, i can't see Jose taking it though, he wants the United job after Fergie and thats the one (well, other than Liverpool, but he'll never stoop that low) job that would rule him out

also, regarding Barca, watching 99% of their games is boring because its not a contest

Mancini is full of brick.

i.e. Tevez will never play for us again - I cant trust Ballotelli

I don't know what it is with cosh cow clubs, but I used to like Hughes, but he turned into a prick at bricky, now Mancini is the same. Except we all now know Mancini is full of brick and a liar.

Or Redknapp in my opinion.

massive Redknapp fan are you??????????

you have got to be frickin joking......Redknapp couldnt even help Spurs beat bankrupt, going down Portsmouth in a FA cup semi final. How many trophies has he won at Spurs in 4 years?Not even a Carling cup

He's done a very good job at Spurs, but in no way do i consider Redknapp a 'winner'......if he managed City, they too would have folded in the last 1/4 of the season and he would have praised his mate Ferguson to the hilt saying "Utd are great arent they? Wiv my old boy Rio in their team, we 'ad no chance did we"

a) when battling relegation you have to be pragmatic
b) it's nonsense anyway. Redknapp's teams always play a passing game and he loves his flair players.
c) Mancini pretty much ALWAYS plays two defensive midfielders so what are you talking about? Yaya is a defensive midfielder with a lot of ability and he normally lines up alongside Barry who is a defensive midfielder. Last year Barry/Jong was the central two. Both defensive players.

Your love for Mancini and hatred for Redknapp is somewhat bemusing.

Sila isnt a flair player? Aguero? Toure bombing forward at every opportunity?

i dont know who you are, but let me tell you. I dont hate Redknapp, i dont love Mancini, i dont know what your problem is. I said very early that Mancini is a poor man manager, too hotheaded and at every club with him as manager there will be confrontations. Where did i say i want him at Spurs? ive said on numerous occasions that Redknapp has done a much much better job at Spurs than most had expected before he took charge. I dont hate him, but i dont kiss his arse either and i wont have anyone try to convince me he is one of the best managers in Britain. He has his faults, like 95% of manager out there. just because i or some others dare to question some of his decisions doesnt mean its done with hate. Life isnt black or white, there can be an inbetween, something you obviously dont understand

Sila isnt a flair player? Aguero? Toure bombing forward at every opportunity?

i dont know who you are, but let me tell you. I dont hate Redknapp, i dont love Mancini, i dont know what your problem is. I said very early that Mancini is a poor man manager, too hotheaded and at every club with him as manager there will be confrontations. Where did i say i want him at Spurs? ive said on numerous occasions that Redknapp has done a much much better job at Spurs than most had expected before he took charge. I dont hate him, but i dont kiss his arse either and i wont have anyone try to convince me he is one of the best managers in Britain. He has his faults, like 95% of manager out there. just because i or some others dare to question some of his decisions doesnt mean its done with hate. Life isnt black or white, there can be an inbetween, something you obviously dont understand

You haven't said a good word about Redknapp, you clearly don't rate him. And Yaya does get forward, so do Parker and Sandro. They just aren't as good at it!

i think he is a technician, his teams are excellently prepared and trained on the training pitch, defensively solid, teams keep possession well, however im not sure about his man management skills. He is a hothead and lets his Italian emotions get the better of him.

if he is sacked and Redknapp goes to ENgland, i think Mancini will be on Levy's list. Risky choice, but arent they all?

Moonlit, this was my first contribution to this thread......can you see, a bit of praise for what i think he is good at, and then a bit of criticism for what he is not good at

get it? understand my position? and like i said, i think Levy would consider him, but see what i wrote after?. Risky choice? does all this make me Mancini lover?

get off your Redknapp high horse, who are you, his agent?

massive Redknapp fan are you??????????

you have got to be frickin joking......Redknapp couldnt even help Spurs beat bankrupt, going down Portsmouth in a FA cup semi final. How many trophies has he won at Spurs in 4 years?Not even a Carling cup

He's done a very good job at Spurs, but in no way do i consider Redknapp a 'winner'......if he managed City, they too would have folded in the last 1/4 of the season and he would have praised his mate Ferguson to the hilt saying "Utd are great arent they? Wiv my old boy Rio in their team, we 'ad no chance did we"

I genuinely think Redknapp is a better Manager than Mancini. When we pipped City for 4th, City had a better side than us AND an easier run in. And yet we beat them, and a lot of that was down to the respective Managers. Redknapp gets the extra mile from his players.

But this isn't so much Pro-Redknapp as about Mancini. Mancini isn't as good as Fergie, Wenger, Redknapp, Dalglish (yes that's right, he won two titles and with the right players would have City cruising to the title - City have the right players at the moment), O'Neill, Hodgson, Jol, and probably also Pardew, AVB etc.

I think people are letting Mancini off the hook way too easily here. This Emirates Marketing Project first team and squad isn't just the best in the Premiership. It's fudging miles better than anyone else, including Utd!! How they aren't 10 pts clear is a mystery, and how they are actually that far behind is simply incredible.

It's bad news for us though. With Mancini out the door, it almost certainly means that City will replace him with someone better and then they're going to be unstoppable. Mourinho with this current City team would have had the title sewn up in March......

Back