• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT Mancini - judgement time

milo

Jack L. Jones
Many on here thought that Emirates Marketing Project winning the title on Mancini was a formality when he joined and thought that he was a manager that we should have tried to attract. Three years later and it hasn't quite worked out like that. What do people think of him as a manager now?

I was hoping they would win the league this season so he wouldn't be sacked. Now I fear they will sack him and bring in Mourinho. Sometimes this though is followed by another, but when that happens for some reason I black out and wake up 5 minutes later with a cold sweat having scratched "No Levy! DON'T!" into the floorboards with my now bloody fingernails...

Distinctly average, tremendously boring and alarmingly arrogant.

Emirates Marketing Project are a joke, spent ?ú2bn in 3 seasons and to show for it they have 1 FA Cup and 2 CL qualifications...

Pathetic and truely laughable...

I hate them ****s. Theyre not as bad as Liverscum but thats only because bricky arent as deluded.

HOWEVER; I do like mancini. I dont think he is arrogant I think its his limited English (which hasnt improved in about two years by the way).

i think he is a technician, his teams are excellently prepared and trained on the training pitch, defensively solid, teams keep possession well, however im not sure about his man management skills. He is a hothead and lets his Italian emotions get the better of him.

if he is sacked and Redknapp goes to ENgland, i think Mancini will be on Levy's list. Risky choice, but arent they all?

I feel sorry for the true City fans, had years of brick to put up with and even when they win the lottery the team still fcuk up the title race and allow there arch enemy to win it

Just like us and Arse, for the first time in years we have the better talent but still it looks like they will finish above us. Us and City are simply cursed

i think he is a technician, his teams are excellently prepared and trained on the training pitch, defensively solid, teams keep possession well, however im not sure about his man management skills. He is a hothead and lets his Italian emotions get the better of him.

if he is sacked and Redknapp goes to ENgland, i think Mancini will be on Levy's list. Risky choice, but arent they all?

All that and he has won fudge all after spunking a total fortune on some fantastic players, no thanks...

I was hoping they would win the league this season so he wouldn't be sacked. Now I fear they will sack him and bring in Mourinho. Sometimes this though is followed by another, but when that happens for some reason I black out and wake up 5 minutes later with a cold sweat having scratched "No Levy! DON'T!" into the floorboards with my now bloody fingernails...

Distinctly average, tremendously boring and alarmingly arrogant.

I agree that he will be sacked and that it will be Mourinho who will replace him. They have the best players in the league but he has failed to build a team. His poor handling of Balotelli and Tevez certainly hasn't helped.

I think given the money spent and the players bought in he has failed massively. I think its safe to say they wont be winning the league and they should still be at least in with a chance at this stage of the season. I thought they should also have been far more competitive in Europe.

I said to a mate at work at the start of the season that i didnt believe City would win the league as Mancini was too negative. For a period i really thought he was going to prove me wrong as it was like he had let the shackles off, City were winning games and scoring left right and centre. This past couple of months in seems that more often than not he has gone back to setting his teams up not to lose and has taken a more cautious approach. This has cost them in my opinion.

The gooners completely outplayed them today and as they were supposed to be playing to stay in the title race im amazed there was no reaction at all from the team. I can only take from this that he has lost the dressing room too. I believe he's a gonner.

He wouldn't last until Christmas if he set a Spurs team up like he did his Emirates Marketing Project team in his first season

I think he's done OK generally. I think these last few months of the season has proven how important clubs' respective mentalities are. The legacies of the clubs determined over the past few seasons have dictated their attitude towards the run in and subsequent ability to deal with the pressures of seeing the job through when it comes to the crunch.

Redknapp and Mancini were quite rightly lauded for their early season achievements. They have both found that underlying legacies surrounding a club whether they have anything to do with the current crop of staff or individuals still play a significant part in the psychological make up of the clubs.

He has made some baffling decisions. His derision of Balotelli today and previously contradict his faith shown in him. The whole world knew he would get sent off today, yet he did nothing about it. But early on they played some incredible stuff at times. He is a talented coach for me, I don't like him necessarily, and I don't think he will be afforded much more time at City now.

how has he failed massively?? City are comfortably second, Utd have history, Ferguson, the media, the referees, some terrific players all to their advantage, and yet City have simply fcuked up when its squeeky bum time. No shame in that. Like i said before, some clubs are simply cursed, and City have a history of misfortune. Money means brick

Roy Hodgson teams are excellently prepared and trained on the training pitch, defensively solid, teams keep possession well. I wouldn't want him managing Spurs though.

I think he's done OK generally. I think these last few months of the season has proven how important clubs' respective mentalities are. The legacies of the clubs determined over the past few seasons have dictated their attitude towards the run in and subsequent ability to deal with the pressures of seeing the job through when it comes to the crunch.

Redknapp and Mancini were quite rightly lauded for their early season achievements. They have both found that underlying legacies surrounding a club whether they have anything to do with the current crop of staff or individuals still play a significant part in the psychological make up of the clubs.

He has made some baffling decisions. His derision of Balotelli today and previously contradict his faith shown in him. The whole world knew he would get sent off today, yet he did nothing about it. But early on they played some incredible stuff at times. He is a talented coach for me, I don't like him necessarily, and I don't think he will be afforded much more time at City now.

Is it really that much of an achievement to get Silva, Aguero, Dzeko, Nasri and Yaya Toure to play exciting attacking football?

Although today hurt us, I still cling to the small crumb of comfort that City have fudged up. The league is over for them and I'm glad. You shouldn't be able to spunk the equivalent of a small country's GDP on football. That to me is disgusting.

I hope Mancini is sacked but I don't dislike the guy actually. I think there is a lot lost in translation. His tactics are traditionally Italian but what the fudge else would you expect?

The one thing I'm really disappointed by is that I think Mourinho is probably City's next manager. when/if they get him they'll win the league.

Is it really that much of an achievement to get Silva, Aguero, Dzeko, Nasri and Yaya Toure to play exciting attacking football?

Identifying players and managing ego's isn't an easy task. It's difficult to judge, as it's a fairly unique position. I guess you could liken it to Mourinho's failure to win La Liga in his first year (although this is Mancini's 2nd/3rd year), despite spending massive money.

I really do think it's bigger than just buying players, coaching them to success. The mindset is such a huge factor for me. We are seeing 2 perennial under achievers in City and Spurs throwing away fantastic leads over their rivals. You have to wonder just how much psychology of the past seasons will have played in this all.

Identifying players and managing ego's isn't an easy task. It's difficult to judge, as it's a fairly unique position. I guess you could liken it to Mourinho's failure to win La Liga in his first year (although this is Mancini's 2nd/3rd year), despite spending massive money.

I really do think it's bigger than just buying players, coaching them to success. The mindset is such a huge factor for me. We are seeing 2 perennial under achievers in City and Spurs throwing away fantastic leads over their rivals. You have to wonder just how much psychology of the past seasons will have played in this all.

It's his team now, so he can have little excuses. I think that they have the best players in the league but they do not have the best team. That is Mancini's fault, as is his failure to deal with the disruptive influences in the dressing room. Bad management.

Back