• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT Away fans...who's the best?

totman

Jose Dominguez
Man U at Blackburn were immense the other night. Obviously we have a great following, as do Toon. Found some really good vids:

Yids:

[video=youtube;ETNxZYRGwMA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETNxZYRGwMA&feature=related[/video]

Man U:

[video=youtube;z9lv2wPCDX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9lv2wPCDX4[/video]

Toon:

[video=youtube;2wB-D4kN2bc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wB-D4kN2bc[/video]

Our away fans are good, but so are the likes of Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Swansea, Chelsea, Man United, West Ham, Portsmouth on their day.

But overall, our away supports are nothing like some of those from the continent.

Continent is a whole other ball game....!

I hear alot about Stoke, but are they consistently good? Chelsea are pretty good to be fair.

I though Villa used to be, but didnt hear a peep out of them this season.

I though Villa used to be, but didnt hear a peep out of them this season.

Really? I thought that Villa (along with Stoke) were the most impressive PL away fans to visit the Lane this season.

They were loud throughout and had some funny chants. Although the way their team played that day I suppose the fans needed to resort to entertaining themselves.

I hear alot about Stoke, but are they consistently good?
Not sure why I said Stoke actually, as I should only really go on teams that I've heard live. I was at the home game the other week and I was too tinkled to actually hear them properly...

The best away fans (in the PL) I've heard at the Lane were probably Birmingham last season. The fact that they were shouting for survival helped, but they had to be applauded nonetheless.

I thought Stoke were not up to their usual standard this season to be honest - still good though.
Swansea were loud but typical of teams that are used to bullying their way around the lower divisions. They liked dishing out the banter in the PLU but were one of the worst for not being able to take it back.
Apart from the usual suspects, you would have to go a long way to beat Hearts or Shamrock Rovers.

Again though, Hearts and Shamrock were in their biggest games for years in some respect. I doubt Shamrock made that much noise the week after, even at home!

I actually am really impressed by Uniteds following, on a regular basis.

I am surprised people are saying Stoke. Brilliant at home but they travel very badly.

Sunderland & Saudi Sportswashing Machine are always good. United were surprisingly quiet this season but usually the loudest.

The Greek mob this season Bruges and Zagreb best I've ever heard at the lane. As for domestic opposition agree with all of above but none of them including us when we're away have the continental approach of sing whatever everyone's happy to sing when even or winning soon as we're loosing heads down sshhhh

Personally, other than their rendition of 'Oh when the saints'.. I think Stoke City have the best fans in the league

Again though, Hearts and Shamrock were in their biggest games for years in some respect. I doubt Shamrock made that much noise the week after, even at home!

I actually am really impressed by Uniteds following, on a regular basis.

United have a huge fanbase. I'm not sure who they work out who gets to go to away games, but if it's anything like ours, then I guess that means you have to be a real diehard fan to get tickets for their away games.

United have a huge fanbase. I'm not sure who they work out who gets to go to away games, but if it's anything like ours, then I guess that means you have to be a real diehard fan to get tickets for their away games.
They basically have a huge tombola in which they just chuck in the names of every person that applies and the first 3000 that they pick out - gets a ticket... No, seriously:

Sunderland:

'Qualifying Season Ticket Holders and Box & Executive Members can apply for tickets for this fixture from Mon 16 Apr (8am) until Fri 20 Apr (8am)'

Wigan:

'All tickets for this game have been sold. The ballot is complete and results are available.'

Not that difficult to support and cheer successfull teams like ManU. I am sure atleast half of them are not even original ManU fans, just glory hunters from other clubs. In contrast, real fans are those who follow teams despite not tasting success for so long. In that sense, you have to admire Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans for their loyal support despite not winning a trophy for almost 60 years !

Not sure why I said Stoke actually, as I should only really go on teams that I've heard live. I was at the home game the other week and I was too tinkled to actually hear them properly...

The best away fans (in the PL) I've heard at the Lane were probably Birmingham last season. The fact that they were shouting for survival helped, but they had to be applauded nonetheless.

The Brummies were brilliant that day. I loved the 'you beat the scum 2-1' at the end after they were relegated. First time I've ever seen an away end applauded but the home fans.

In recent seasons, I've been impressed with Krakow. They were continuous and loud. I did feel we stepped it up a notch as fans that night because of them. Particularly liked the 'You only live round the corner' chants at them!

In terms of English teams, I'd have to say Villa and Toon fans were pretty loud on my visits to The Lane.

We have nothing on the continent though. Lived in Istanbul for two years, went to Ali Sami Yen on a number of occasions to watch Galatasaray. Absolutely mental. Crazy. At times, scary.

Back