• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

(OT) Ac Milan Walk Off Field Vs Pro Patria (Racist chants) (Kevin Prince Boateng)

Reggie_Mentalist

Jamie Redknapp
It was gonna happen sooner or later.

Kevin Prince Boateng kicks the ball into the crowd, after allegedly being racially abused, during AC Milans Friendly with Pro Patria. Info a bit sketchy at present.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-01-03/ac-milan-star-kevin-prince-boateng-storms-off-after-racist-abuse-video/

[video=youtube;PyQcLJ0KoCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyQcLJ0KoCg[/video]

Quote :-

AC Milan midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng left the field in protest after being the victim of what his club described as racist abuse during a friendly.

Milan's match against fourth-tier side Pro Patria was abandoned when Boateng, in possession on the left wing in the 26th minute, suddenly picked the ball up and smashed it towards the stand behind him.

The Ghana midfielder then tore off his shirt and walked off the field at the opposite end. On his way, he applauded other sections of the crowd, who then appeared to react angrily towards the corner of the ground from which the chants came.

Pro Patria's Dario Alberto Polverini attempted to talk to Boateng as he departed, but the midfielder carried on walking and the rest of the players and officials followed him off the pitch.

It was quickly established that play would not restart. Milan's official website, acmilan.com, was running a text commentary on the game, the headline on which was changed to read "Pro Patria-Milan suspended definitively".

The entry for the 26th minute read: "AC Milan leaves the pitch after racist abuse by a minority of Pro Patria fans at Boateng, (Mbaye) Niang, (Urby) Emanuelson and (Sulley) Muntari. The rest of the fans in the stands disassociated themselves from such racist events."

Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri told reporters: "We are disappointed and saddened by what has happened.

"Milan play for the right to respect all players. We need to stop these uncivilised gestures.

"We are sorry for all the other fans who came here for a beautiful day of sport. We promise to return, and we are sorry for the club and players of Pro Patria, but we could not make any other decision.

"I hope it can be an important signal."

The match was goalless at the time, with Muntari having had a goal disallowed for offside.

Last edited:
OT KPB stops friendly game and walks off after being racially abused

[video=youtube;nXyqFZ_fghI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXyqFZ_fghI[/video]

Would love to see this reaction in a competitive game.
Though UEFA would probably fine him.

Re: OT KPB stops friendly game and walks off after being racially abused

Just read about this, well done the prince, this is whats needed to stop it.
If it was done during a big game and then the innocent fans demanded a ticket refund the tossers would have to do something about it.

Re: OT KPB stops friendly game and walks off after being racially abused

Fair fudges to him.

Not sure what walking off will achieve, if the dingdong heads in the crowd get that sort of response it will just make them worse. And as already said I bet the UEFA end up punishing him. Although you can't blame him, you can only take so much crap before you snap.

This is UEFA we are talking about here...

UEFA are a bunch of cowards so I always see them as taking the path of least resistance. They won't go up against a club the size of Milan with something that they have no moral high ground in. I could be wrong though.

Good for him, I agree with others if this happened in a high profile match maybe it would stop some of this bs.

Sepp Blatter thinks it can be cured with a handshake? I mean seriously, how on earth is this bloke governing the greatest sport in the world? He needs a punch in the face if he genuinely believes that.

The clubs need to back the players. Until there are boycotts against certain teams with racist fans then it will keep on happening. Either that or those fans are not allowed to games (e.g. those Lazio c*nts being forced to play behind closed doors)

Not sure what walking off will achieve, if the dingdong heads in the crowd get that sort of response it will just make them worse. And as already said I bet the UEFA end up punishing him. Although you can't blame him, you can only take so much crap before you snap.

it might make them worse, but it might also make the people around them who want to watch the game show them some "discouragement"

Actually, it looks from the video that parts of the home crowd turned on the racists

I think walking off is an excellent idea and will help vocalise the majority

what happens now? in a competitvie match will they replay?

If it is one person will they be allowed to walk off or does it have to be more? How many does it have to be in order for the walk out to be correct?

Will it be ok if a player walks off due to homophobic abuse or is it just racism?

What if a player thinks its racist and it isnt - does happen look at clatenburg.

there is a problem that needs to be solved but I do not think walking off is the answer - better policing and social awareness in wider society seems to be a step in the right direction

Walking off most definitely. But kicking the ball at them is a bit stupid. Obviously I can understand that he'll be very upset and will want to react but that's just what the crowd want really isn't it?

I've heard Alex Ferguson has come out and claimed Boateng tried to kill someone in the crowd

Nothing will happen with this. Someone needs to react this way on a big stage to cause any shock waves across football, otherwise this will continue. But then again, UEFA will ignore it and fine the team walking off

Sepp Blatter thinks it can be cured with a handshake? I mean seriously, how on earth is this bloke governing the greatest sport in the world? He needs a punch in the face if he genuinely believes that.

The clubs need to back the players. Until there are boycotts against certain teams with racist fans then it will keep on happening. Either that or those fans are not allowed to games (e.g. those Lazio c*nts being forced to play behind closed doors)

I think Blatter was talking about players on the pitch, where racist remarks are more understandable than abuse from fans. While it isn't acceptable either way, Blatter was saying that lots of things are said in the heat of the moment on the pitch, and that players should put whatever happens on the pitch to one side. Repeated, systematic abuse from fans in the form of chanting is far more malicious and calculated.

Not condoning either, but I find it incredibly difficult to believe that if they issued a response, Blatter and FIFA could be as blasé here as in the Suarez/Evra situation.

Hopefully this will raise some more publicity and get FIFA to take some systematic action. However I think Muntari walked off in a match for Inter a few years ago, or at least attempted to, and nothing has changed. At the moment FIFA's lack of action seems to permit this behaviour. Personally if I think a large enough proportion of fans engage in this type of chanting the club in question should be forced to play their next home game behind closed doors as standard.

It is good that fans turned on the racist minority but this sort of pressure will never be effective unless there is some serious form of deterrent, as it is clear racism is ingrained in many cultures around Europe and isn't just going to stop by itself. Unobjective, varying punishments to individual fans is not enough.

what happens now? in a competitvie match will they replay?

If it is one person will they be allowed to walk off or does it have to be more? How many does it have to be in order for the walk out to be correct?

Will it be ok if a player walks off due to homophobic abuse or is it just racism?

What if a player thinks its racist and it isnt - does happen look at clatenburg.

there is a problem that needs to be solved but I do not think walking off is the answer - better policing and social awareness in wider society seems to be a step in the right direction

I think this is very ambitious in a lot of countries across the world. For example Zenit fans' disgust at signing Hulk and Witsel; fans clearly aren't just going to stop abusing opposition players if racism can't be dropped for two of the most promising players in Europe joining their own team.

I think Blatter was talking about players on the pitch, where racist remarks are more understandable than abuse from fans. While it isn't acceptable either way, Blatter was saying that lots of things are said in the heat of the moment on the pitch, and that players should put whatever happens on the pitch to one side. Repeated, systematic abuse from fans in the form of chanting is far more malicious and calculated.
Things are said in the heat of the moment, I agree, but there is no need to resort to racism. I've called players ever name under the sun when I've been up against them, but have never resorted to racial language as it's not in my nature. That's why the whole Suarez and Terry affairs are so indicative - why do you need to make a reference to someone's skin colour on the pitch?

With regards to the walking off, it's the best thing to do in this situation. Had they not walked off then we would not be talking about it now, most likely.

Back