• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT - Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

non-figuratively the only thing going for him is pace. Can’t read the game, can’t pass, awful against the high ball, gets bullied even by midgets. Probs the worst signing of the levy era considering the transfer fee
Read the game enough to get in three great blocks and be the only defender within 20 yards of someone that's from the halfway line.

Disappointing. Never expected to win but second half was poor. Like midweek, I don’t blame the manager much. Lloris, Hjobjerg and Sanchez let him down. Always would have backed Hugo but he’s been dogbrick for the last few weeks.

Thought Sanchez was really good otherwise but that mistake was laughable.

@milo Tanganga
Manager has to take some blame though for our insipid performance. Not in midweek where we went for it but today we were beaten from the start
Aside from Kane's freekick did we actually threaten Ederson's goal? I think Lamela might have had a shot. So we were brick in attack and brick in defence. What on Earth were we working on in training? Maybe not a lot because of the cup game. But so did City. It's just they have an embedded system and we don't.

Read the game enough to get in three great blocks and be the only defender within 20 yards of someone that's from the halfway line.

But then got bullied by a player half his size and fell over to top it off. The problem is him and Eric is Dier are mistaken ridden, even when they have good games like today they are error prone it’s just a matter of when not if

I’ve wondered for a good year if I’ve over rated a lot of our squad and I can’t see anything but yes as the answer. I’m embarrassed that I thought Poch going (as much as I loved him) would help the squad realise their full potential. The fact is the real top quality has gone and we are left with a lot of bang average. Verts not replaced,Dembele irreplaceable (NDombele is nowhere near his dominance yet, despite his ability), Eriksen replacement nowhere to be seen.
Every game I’m looking at what Mourinho can do to change things and it’s uninspiring - he either has Sissoko, Moura and Lamela starting because the others have been so poor or they are the players we have to turn to on the bench if things aren’t working. Dele hasn’t been the player he can be for a couple of years, maybe he can come back to form with time but not holding out hope. Bale just can’t be relied upon, Davies is ok but such a come down in quality from Reguilon and out CBS are to be polite inadequate. The only bright spots are Sess and Skipp out on loan who could genuinely challenge for first team spots next year the way things are. This squad needs a lot of work.....

I’d be looking to build the back around:

Tang
Rodon
Reggy
Poss Dier as an experienced option

Then I’d be looking to add:

Good quality CB
Ricardo Pereira

Davies/youngster can be 2nd choice to Reggy providing Reggy doesn’t become injury prone.

Aurier as cover at RB.

Then we need to settle on a back 4 with a maximum of one change game to game if required and where possible. Not wholesale changes to personnel and systems.

West Ham picked up Craig Dawson. Leic picked up Jonny Evans. These players would be scoffed at on here but the reality is they are reliable and require minimal coaching. I’m not for one minute saying these players should be our targets, but if Wham and Leic can find cheap, reliable solutions that hit the ground running, then why can’t we?

Mings and Tarkowksi would be ones I’d be looking at in terms of the Prem. Both have another level in them and would hold their value.

Am i the only one thinking Sanchez is being harshly done for the goal? Barged off the ball mid stride
I think all our defenders would struggle in that situation. I've seen alderweireld get done time and time again when an opponent is one on one against him.

Pathetic performance today. I expected us to lose but a little fight wouldnt have gone amiss

I can understand people slagging off the players, but its also a manager's job to make average players look like good players. And for those which Jose has definitely improved, and in particular Aurier, there are those who looked PL level under Poch (eg Dier and Winks) but now look horrific

I'm really not sure where we're going. We're never going to spend £50m on each of 4 defenders. We need to spend £25m on a player and turn them into a £50m player

I couldnt blame Kane or Son if they wanted out

I’ve wondered for a good year if I’ve over rated a lot of our squad and I can’t see anything but yes as the answer. I’m embarrassed that I thought Poch going (as much as I loved him) would help the squad realise their full potential. The fact is the real top quality has gone and we are left with a lot of bang average. Verts not replaced,Dembele irreplaceable (NDombele is nowhere near his dominance yet, despite his ability), Eriksen replacement nowhere to be seen.
Every game I’m looking at what Mourinho can do to change things and it’s uninspiring - he either has Sissoko, Moura and Lamela starting because the others have been so poor or they are the players we have to turn to on the bench if things aren’t working. Dele hasn’t been the player he can be for a couple of years, maybe he can come back to form with time but not holding out hope. Bale just can’t be relied upon, Davies is ok but such a come down in quality from Reguilon and out CBS are to be polite inadequate. The only bright spots are Sess and Skipp out on loan who could genuinely challenge for first team spots next year the way things are. This squad needs a lot of work.....

Remember when Moura, Lamela, Sissoko, Winks, Davies, Aurier used to be Carabao/EL options. All of a sudden they are pretty much first teamers.

Back