• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

One player from history

If you could pick one player from our history for current team who would it be?

• Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Berbatov

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Gascoigne

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Greaves

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Lineker

• Mackay

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Perryman

• Other (name 'em)

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

milo

Jack L. Jones
If you could pick one player from our history to fit into and improve (or even complete) our current team who would it be and why?

Clive Allen.

We would instrantly convert an extra 30% of the chances we create. Plus he played fairly well if i'm remembering rightly in a 4-5-1 system

Gascoigne - a high tempo, hugely creative, goalscoring #8.

Second would be Berbatov - the most able lone frontman in our recent history (I guess there is Martin Chivers and Bobby Smith, but I've only seen highlights of them). He'd be more to complete the squad though I guess, because I don't think Ade is far off him.

Ghod's my all time favourite, but I'll have to say the weakness of this team is the inability to score more goals. So it has to be Berbs.

From the history books? Hoddle, though I've never seen him play live, just highlights and a few vintage matches on Youtube. His skill on the ball and his ability to run the entire game from the middle would be exactly what we need at this point to complement the Dembele-Sandro axis we already have. If it's a player I've seen playing for us, then erm......

....Luka Modric? :oops:

(ducks for cover)

I have to say that the alternative (Berba) isn't much better on the 'loyalty' scale, though.

I'm actually finding this impossible to answer. Agree with a lot of the suggestions, could add a whole load more.

Gilzean would be a good call.

Klinsmann.

The most complete all round centre forward I have seen at WHL. Then Berbatov in his prime followed by Martin Chivers.

For pure goalscoring prowess: Greaves, Lineker and Clive Allen

For midfield dynamism: Hoddle, Gascoigne and Mackay

Wow - what a team we could have if they could all play together.

Gazza and Berbatov - the two we miss the most in our current setup and my favourite players in hte last 20 odd years

I think Klinsmann would do a better job than Berbatov in terms of what we need. That real clinical finisher.

Back