• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ××××× TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS VS Villa ×××××××

mate of mine made an interesting point, which is that perhaps Poch is playing the side he feels will win in cup competitions as those are the most direct route to a trophy? not sure i agree but worthy of discussion?

-----------------------Lloris

Naughton-----Fazio---------Verts---------Rose

-------------Mason---------Bentaleb

---Lamela---------Eriksen-------------Chadli

---------------------Kane

I'd like to see that next game. With Bentaleb and Mason together I think we would move the ball forwards much more quickly.

He had enthusiasm, but what else did he do? Missed an easy chance as Ade did, and got a massive deflection to score. I love the guy and he will come on as a player, but people are just setting themselves up for more disappointment making him the messiah.

Our build up play and midfield need to pass the ball better to create more changes. The amout of poor passes where a good one would have setup a goal...our passing and movement is where the problem is.

I see your point and agree with the technical assessment, but the truth is Kane is currently inspiring something and doesn't hide, thus he is the starter...

mate of mine made an interesting point, which is that perhaps Poch is playing the side he feels will win in cup competitions as those are the most direct route to a trophy? not sure i agree but worthy of discussion?

Playing Lennon and Townsend together isn't likely to win us anything. Right now I think there's a good case for not having Lamela and Eriksen together as well.

He had enthusiasm, but what else did he do? Missed an easy chance as Ade did, and got a massive deflection to score. I love the guy and he will come on as a player, but people are just setting themselves up for more disappointment making him the messiah.

Our build up play, especially our midfield need to pass the ball better to create more. The amount of poor passes where a good one would have setup a goal...our passing and movement is where the problem is.
He made the crowd belive.

So,what, Fazio, Stambouli and Kane in for those guys? I think that'd be a decent idea, actually: as long as the three behind the front man remain unchanged (Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela), I think we can afford a bit of flux elsewhere.

Yes I would probably go with those three.

Kaboul's performances are destroying the whole teams confidence, Capoue is not offering our fragile defence any kind of protection, And Adebayor is playing well beneath his abilities, while Kane is visibly lifting us at the moment.

No one will get carried away today.....but that win was massive.

Lamela though is doing a pretty good Dembele impression these days. Would rather hold a player off for ten seconds than just simply move the ball forwards.

Agreed though I fail to see any technical superiority at the moment.

Kaboul, Capoue & Ade need to play thursday and be dropped vs stoke.....which Im going to.

Happy birthday Nigeyman. Hope you bring us the same good fortune against Stoke.

Enjoy the game.

I see your point and agree with the technical assessment, but the truth is Kane is currently inspiring something and doesn't hide, thus he is the starter...

...and that does make sense. He's young and hungry, Soldado and Ade look old and too rich. But what happens if you play Kane and we don't score? Then you drop him, knock his growing confidence, the team stability is setback again etc.

Its like a wave of pressure to play Kane, when really it may be better to phase him in over the season. There's a lot of football to play this season...

B1dMUAzCMAAbopm.jpg

Playing Lennon and Townsend together isn't likely to win us anything. Right now I think there's a good case for not having Lamela and Eriksen together as well.

Said this myself for ages. I've felt Eriksen should sit for Lamela for a while as he offers a bit more...

...and that does make sense. He's young and hungry, Soldado and Ade look old and too rich. But what happens if you play Kane and we don't score? Then you drop him, knock his growing confidence, the team stability is setback again etc.

Its like a wave of pressure to play Kane, when really it may be better to phase him in over the season. There's a lot of football to play this season...

If we dont start playing a guy who is making things happen for us then our season will be over before the halfway - point. If Ade and or Solly sit out while a young hungry player on less wages takes the plaudits then hopefully it will make them apply themselves more.

Make no mistake if Ade or Solly dont raise their game then we wont do anything this season.

Midfield is fine with Mason, we have loads of work today attacking and defending though.

Nice to see all subs contribute.

Lamela with the assist for the equaliser, Townsend being fouled for the free kick in which Kanes winner came from.

You give him a run in the team just as Ade has been given

Said this myself for ages. I've felt Eriksen should sit for Lamela for a while as he offers a bit more...

In the league games, I'd take Eriksen over Lamela all day. Eriksen always looks likely to score/create imo. Lamela hasn't done enough in the league to warrant a place ahead of Eriksen, though he has played well in the cups.

Surely it doesn't matter if it's a decent run of fixtures or a nightmare string of City, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Brazil 1970. I don't think Kane will let his head drop in any of those games, and we desperately need the fire and commitment he brings regardless of whatever technical superiority Ade may enjoy over him.

quick question Dubai....

I remember you saying you wish our players hassled the ref and called for red cards after the city loss.

therefore were you impressed by Mason's antics? Lamela waving an imaginary card?

have to say I felt a little uncomfortable but there is no denying the red card moved things in our favour, havent seen that from spurs players in ages.....was that what you wanted?

Back