• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham vs Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Allow me to ask.
Did Mourinho pick the side today?
Did Mourinho pick the side 9 days ago?
Has he been picking the side since November?
Did he say he was happy back then?
Has he had a three month covid19 break to at least get some fitness back (I would absolutely concede this is not ideal at all in terms of prep but it did allow some players to at least get fit)?

As for the bold-face above, you are absolutely right and I apologise. I made a mistake there.

How many times do I have to say they are NOT his players for it to sink in?
I am no particular Mourinho fan - I said before the game that I thought it was a mistake to start three speedsters against a team playing a low block. But I believe in giving a person a fair chance. His record certainly demands we all do - including you.

How many times do I have to say they are NOT his players for it to sink in?
I am no particular Mourinho fan - I said before the game that I thought it was a mistake to start three speedsters against a team playing a low block. But I believe in giving a person a fair chance. His record certainly demands we all do - including you.

How many times? Not sure, but given that you've just decided I am too thick to understand what you're saying, try another 15 million times per 12 months.

And thanks for the order. Appreciated.

2nd meanest defence in the league. Against one of the most porous. After our equaliser was denied it was always going to be tough to get something from the game.

First half there was encouraging signs. But both our defence and var are a shambles.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Reactions: DTA
In any case, it's the first time in a long time that I can't choose a man of the match...

Apparently, our build-up play consists of one player running forward with the ball until he hits a wall (or a team-mate). It's true that the disallowed equaliser changed the game but still, it's pretty sad to see that we don't have a plan B.

In any case, it's the first time in a long time that I can't choose a man of the match...

Apparently, our build-up play consists of one player running forward with the ball until he hits a wall (or a team-mate). It's true that the disallowed equaliser changed the game but still, it's pretty sad to see that we don't have a plan B.

till we get a play maker it won’t change.

till we get a play maker it won’t change.

Not having a dig but I thought Lo Celso was supposed to be one? If we keep on playing such a narrow formation with inside runs only, I'm not sure even the best playmaker in the world would make such a difference. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like Mourinho's answer to all our problem is pure speed. Unfortunately, the runs aren't particularly clever and we rarely find a way past a deeper defensive line.

I was surprised to see him start Son, Bergwijn and Moura at the same time, to be honest. Whoever was on commentary yesterday mentioned that Dele had to fight for his place but I think he shouldn't have to (I think he's out because of his abyssal form more than anything else). It's the one area on the pitch where we happen to have different profiles. What's the point of having 3x the same player here?

It's disappointing because I used to think that Mourinho was a bastard but a clever one at least. He'll probably get next season to prove everyone wrong but he looks fairly one-dimensional in his approach, at the moment.

Last edited:
Our defence needs a major overhaul. Dier isn't the answer, he doesn't think or act like a top level centre back. His passing isn't as good as Toby's. Why isn't Toby playing? Has he fallen out with Mourinho?

Our defence needs a major overhaul. Dier isn't the answer, he doesn't think or act like a top level centre back. His passing isn't as good as Toby's. Why isn't Toby playing? Has he fallen out with Mourinho?
Because Toby was playing when we played worse
And playing Toby doesn’t fix the issues at full back unless we play him there

I agree with Go-Go-Gogolak as usual; if we set up with 8 players that can't/won't pass intelligently, we play really badly.

'Twas always thus, when Eriksen was out.

Just think about the defence: Aurier. Dier. Sanchez. Davies. None of them can pass intelligently going forwards. Sometimes Aurier will get lucky with a cross. Dier occasionally hits a 70 yard pass to Dele, who wasn't playing.

In midfield Sissoko cannot pass.
In front of him Moura and Son won't pass unless they truly have to.
Bergwijn has good touch, is a speed merchant, jury out on his 'football intelligence'.

Lo Celso and Kane must be looking at their imbecilic/greedy team-mates in astonishment. Any good team has intelligent runs, neat passing, there must be some Portugueezers we can get, that have footballing intelligence?

So what’s changed from the last 18 months under Poch when we couldn’t defend either ?

This is the point for me, we have been really poor for a while now and a new manager ( who ever got the job) would struggle to have turned us round. But its Jose and its pretty obvious that a few fans can not stand the guy and are making sure everyone knows that. Sad really.

Not having a dig but I thought Lo Celso was supposed to be one? If we keep on playing such a narrow formation with inside runs only, I'm not sure even the best playmaker in the world would make such a difference. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like Mourinho's answer to all our problem is pure speed. Unfortunately, the runs aren't particularly clever and we rarely find a way past a deeper defensive line.

I was surprised to see him start Son, Bergwijn and Moura at the same time, to be honest. Whoever was on commentary yesterday mentioned that Dele had to fight for his place but I think he shouldn't have to (I think he's out because of his abyssal form more than anything else). It's the one area on the pitch where we happen to have different profiles. What's the point of having 3x the same player here?

It's disappointing because I used to think that Mourinho was a bastard but a clever one at least. He'll probably get next season to prove everyone wrong but he looks fairly one-dimensional in his approach, at the moment.

Thank you.
Agreed 100%.

Thank you.
Agreed 400%.
The way we played ended up with all the attackers other than son getting in each other way
I’d still like to see Lo Celso and winks play CM against teams where we have the ball and against side where we need more guile play sissoko with Ndombele and Lo Celso in the no 10 role flanked by son and Bergwein

Back