• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

i smashed my new samsung galaxy and laptop screen.

when the final whistle went against city.

hurled my phone as hard as i could at my laptop, it is shattered.. i was just sooooo annoyed, looking back now i am filled with regret and am actually super proud of the lads.

any equally stupid moments of madness post-defeat?

im off to buy a new phone / laptop..

Ouch! I kicked the coffee table but luckily it didn't break!
That is some expense for you! You should be able to claim against Howard Webb.

when the final whistle went against city.

hurled my phone as hard as i could at my laptop, it is shattered.. i was just sooooo annoyed, looking back now i am filled with regret and am actually super proud of the lads.

any equally stupid moments of madness post-defeat?

im off to buy a new phone / laptop..

The lads didn't do badly, to almost beat a team that have bought they're way to the top of the league... They matched them in every way, apart from elbowing people in the head and stamping on them...

I have one question... how are you talking to us now?

P.S. I'm assuming you have a desktop or something, but the question above was the first thing that came to mind.

Mocking defoe

League goals.

Defoe - 8
Suarez - 5
Bellamy - 5
Carroll - 2

If they think Defoe is crap how on earth do they rate any of their strikers at all?

fudge those scouse clams. Languishing in 6th whilst we're challenging for the title and our players are brick? Hilarious.

Usually cheaper to buy new ones these days, unless it was a really expensive model.

Not if you order the part and fit it yourself. I replaced the screen on one of my old hp laptops twice (although admittedly I was able to cannibalise a dead machine of my sister's the first time) before I finally got fed up with its other issues and put my fist through the motherboard.

Gutting result especially since they should've had two players off - seriously how many points are we going to drop thanks to brick refs? - but I was still pleased to see our fightback and the anger after the game. If we can carry that siege mentality into the rest of this season, we'll have a much better chance of getting something out of the tough away grounds coming up - and for once, Man United.

It's my personal opinion that if we had beaten Portsmouth in the cup in 09/10, we wouldn't have gone on to defeat Arsenal, Chelsea, and City in that horrendous run-in; it was the disappointment and desperation that carried us through to the end. There's no need to panic after losing one game, especially the toughest game we'll have all season - the critical thing is to fight back. (A striker within a week would be much welcomed too, Dan!)

I'll still be infuriated if Balotelli isn't suspended though. What a dingdong.

iXPifFVsseHKP.gif

I listened to 606 (I know, it's sad) and there were a couple of Mancs moaning about the anti-Emirates Marketing Project media bias and how it wasn't a stamp and how Balotelli is always being wound up and that he gives money away to the homeless (they didn't mention setting his house on fire). What galls is that he scored their winner. They have a squad packed with amazing (and amazingly well paid) players yet they have this vicious streak, and can't stand the fact that they are close to being the most hated club in English football.

i think the liverpool fans are living vicariously through the spurs team since they can't bear to watch their own dross!
its a known coping strategy for the depressed/mentally unstable.

on those two clips - it deserves much more publicity. we're on top of the fair play league, other clubs should not take that as a reason to start seeing that as a weakness.

i'd like to see Levy and Redknapp do some work here in protecting out players and promoting out good name here. Players facing the brunt of it, time management got their hands dirty.

yer im on my desktop at the minute and have a bricky temp replacement phone ..

i threw the phone so hard that the laptop casing behind the screen has actually cracked ...

alcohol may have been involved.

^^ good round-up post.

i don't think anyone can argue we could have won the game.

brilliant performance from the team... we made city look desperate and vulnerable. pressure is on them now to win the league, but seriously they look fragile and about to crack.

Really annoyed. With our excellent record at ManCity, thought we would won this match and put pressure on them in the title race. But now, we have made it harder on ourself with this loss. I have to blame Redknapp on stupid substitutions.

We could have won this match if we had 2 strikers especially after making it 2-2. We had the momentum then and ManCity looked shell shocked. But instead Redknapp gave back the momentum back to them by taking off VDV and bringing on Livermore. Just before our second goal, Redknapp wanted to bring on Pavly but decide to bring on Livermore instead after we scored. Just don't understand the logic behind it. Either he should have kept on the same team or bring on a attacking player to try to get another goal. Also, don't understand why he brought on Pienaar later in the match. ManCity hardly looked like scoring then. Should have kept on Lennon to try to push on until the match over.

It was encouraging the way we came back from 2 goals down. Due credit for Defoe and Bale for the goals. The way Defoe scored the one-on-one with the goalie is excellent. We always feck up those one-on-one with the goalie but Defoe put it away confidently. And what a wonder goal from Bale. But wish Bale can score those more consistently. That 2 goals should have given a huge confident boost to us to go on and win the match. But the stupid substitutions by Redknapp killed us off. I am convinced we would have won this match if Redknapp has brought on Pavly for VDV instead of Livermore. We lacked attacking players in front of goal after that. The way Defoe failed to score from Bale's pass in injury time is a proof of that.

It is a pity it was King who had to make the crucial error that gave them the winning penalty. Have to be satisfied with the effort of our defence and midfield apart from their goals. We didn't get any favour from the ref unfortunately. But when you are playing away to a big team, you can't expect any favour anyway.

This loss is a huge setback for us in the title race. Not sure if we can overcome the 8 points deficit now. We have to rely on City and ManU fecking up and at the same time us continue winning. This loss wouldn't have been that bad if we had beaten the Wolves last week. Now we have to rely on miracle to help us win the title.

What route do we take about the two incidents?

Do we need to submit an official report/complaint for them to consider?

Last edited:
I think some people are being overly harsh on our players and Redknapp.

Ekotto started poorly on the ball, but after 25-30 minutes he got better and was solid in the 2nd half. Walker defended poorly for the two first goals and 2 other situations I can remember. Other than that and the mistake by King for the penalty I thought we performed admirably. We defended well as a unit, tried to keep possession and play our game.

Also can't believe people are criticizing Redknapp for bringing on Livermore. VdV was playing a deep role and that was one of the key reasons why we were able to do well, matching City in the centre with 3 men was crucial. Bringing on Livermore for VdV was the only thing to do, to bring on Pav at 2-2 there could have been suicidal as it would have left Modric and Parker (both tiring) to deal with Barry, Milner and Silva.

This game highlighted two things for me:

1. How much we depend on Adebayor to be a focal point in our attack and give us some height, hold-up play and link-up play. I know we scored 2, but we created very little ourselves. Both the Defoe goal and his missed chance at 2-2 were down to massive mistakes by Savic, and Bale's goal was just a sublime effort from range. This isn't criticism of Defoe who worked his socks off and did well under the circumstances, it's just that we need another forward imo.

2. We're a short team, especially without Sandro, Hudd and Adebayor we will get punished from set plays. I love watching our smaller technical players to their thing for us, but in this and the next window we need Harry to bring in some taller players as well.

Well done the players and Harry, devastating way to lose, but their efforts were excellent.

I laughed hard at this....you poor sod. I can totally understand you. I just shut the laptop and lay face down on the floor for 10 minutes the second Webb pointed to the spot! Cheaper, thats for sure....(winky smiley)

No loss on that phone - at least now you can get a proper one :)

I actually felt like crying after the final whistle - we could have had the 3 points 45 seconds earlier. Vintage Spurs

Back