• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project (3/3) ***

I think some people are missing the fact that we lost the game the other night. We lost 4-3 and we deserved to lose. And that was with the best team we could put out, after a few of them had been rested in the game before against Huddersfield. So the plan is to march them out again v City, who can/will rotate in players like Sane, Mahrez, Jesus, Stones, Otamendi, Danilo, Fernandinho etc. etc? And then march those players out again at home to Brighton on Tuesday?
March some of them out against City, rest some accordingly, but not all of them.
I said to someone watching the Huddersfield game that Sissoko should come off at the hour mark after putting in a huge shift in the first leg against City. He ended up playing 80+ minutes which may have been in his legs last night contributing to his injury. I'm all for smart rotation and resting players but not for the sake of it. We don't know that all the players people are advocating to rest actually need it.
City can rotate but are the players coming in better than the ones they are replacing? No ,not if you ask guardiola that question, that's why they didn't play on Wednesday.
Compare Mahrez against Silva or De Bruyne for example. He played in the first leg instead of one of those players and they looked blunt. If he's one of the players coming in on Saturday then I would say that increases our chances and doesn't mean we can't win because we lost 4-3 on Wednesday.
There's also the mental side and we don't know what City will turn up.
We need to pick a side strong enough to give us a chance and not one that will throw away our GD advantage over all the others.

Last edited:
Gazzaniga
Foyth, Sanchez, Alderweireld
Walker-Peters, Skipp, Eriksen, Davies
Dele, Lucas
Son

Lloris, Vertonghen, Trippier, Rose, Wanyama, Lamela, Llorente

With regards the balancing act debate, I think my team addresses that effectively.

Also for those picking Dier, he has been ruled out with injury, but is expected back in training at Hotspur Way tmrw.

Always remember you never know what'll happen on the day. Surely after Wednesday night we do not need reminding of that? So even when you are on your last legs, you still pick a team to win the next game.

I have no doubt that is precisely what Poch will do.

A fully fit and full strength team could still go to City and get beat. But a full strength and fit team v Brighton at home will be 3 points for us.

I hate this philosophy and mindset. If the players go into the Brighton game thinking its an easy 3 points then that could be disastrous. Of course rest players where we have strength in depth, say Davies for Rose, Sanchez for Toby/Jan but not bring in a load of kids. Nicking a point at City could be the difference between CL and Europa next season and even if we get beat a small loss is worth half a point more than a walloping due to GD

Of course we can look forward to the semi but we also have to concentrate on qualifying for the CL next year. Thursday night was amazing, even my wife got excited (yes, I am talking about the footy) but it'll mean diddly if in 6 months we're playing some Bulgarian nonsense in the Europa

March some of them out against City, rest some accordingly, but not all of them.
I said to someone watching the Huddersfield game that Sissoko should come off at the hour mark after putting in a huge shift in the first leg against City. He ended up playing 80+ minutes which may have been in his legs last night contributing to his injury. I'm all for smart rotation and resting players but not for the sake of it. We don't know that all the players people are advocating to rest actually need it.
City can rotate but are the players coming in better than the ones they are replacing? No ,not if you ask guardiola that question, that's why they didn't play on Wednesday.
Compare Mahrez against Silva or De Bruyne for example. He played in the first leg instead of one of those players and they looked blunt. If he's one of the players coming in on Saturday then I would say that increases our chances and doesn't mean we can't win because we lost 4-3 on Wednesday.
There's also the mental side and we don't know what City will turn up.
We need to pick a side strong enough to give us a chance and not one that will throw away our GD advantage over all the others.

I think the team will be fairly strong, we don't have that many players to choose from. I'm certain Poch will rotate full-backs, KWP and Davies come in. I am pretty sure Sanchez will play, maybe Foyth as well. I would play Skipp. Moura and Llorente will surely start. Lloris in goal. So that's 7 or 8 players, with the other spots being filled by whoever is in the best condition (is my guess). If Dier is fit to play, that'd be a big bonus, I have no idea if he is though.

I hate this philosophy and mindset. If the players go into the Brighton game thinking its an easy 3 points then that could be disastrous. Of course rest players where we have strength in depth, say Davies for Rose, Sanchez for Toby/Jan but not bring in a load of kids. Nicking a point at City could be the difference between CL and Europa next season and even if we get beat a small loss is worth half a point more than a walloping due to GD

Of course we can look forward to the semi but we also have to concentrate on qualifying for the CL next year. Thursday night was amazing, even my wife got excited (yes, I am talking about the footy) but it'll mean diddly if in 6 months we're playing some Bulgarian nonsense in the Europa

I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting we play a youth team are they?

Nicking a point at City could be the difference between CL and Europa League. It's possible.

It's also possible that a tired team scrapes a draw v Brighton, whereas a fresher team gets the 3 points. And those 2 points could make a huge difference between Champions League/Europa next season, which is my whole point really.

IMO, in the grand scheme of the season, this game is the least important one we have left whilst also being the hardest to get anything from. My guess is that we lose but we still get Champions League by winning our home games (and maybe get something at Bournemouth).

With regards the balancing act debate, I think my team addresses that effectively.

Also for those picking Dier, he has been ruled out with injury, but is expected back in training at Hotspur Way tmrw.

I think your team is close to the one that will get picked. I would probably say Llorente will start though (he played 60 odd minutes the other night I think?) and Son will be on the bench.

Skipp seems to struggle with the tempo sometimes, I think it would be a huge ask to start him against one of the quickest, and quickest passing teams around and expect him to do well.

We have plenty of centre backs available, but I'm not sure a back 3/5 is the way to go against City. Sticking one of them deep in midfield seems like a good idea to me. But that too is a big ask, playing out of position against one of the best teams around.

Hoping that at least one or two of Winks, Dier and Lamela are back. That would help.

I think your team is close to the one that will get picked. I would probably say Llorente will start though (he played 60 odd minutes the other night I think?) and Son will be on the bench.

Son got a rest in the game before against huddersfield and will also have another enforced rest in the first leg of the CL SF.

I would go Son and then Llorente can come on for him later in the game.

Also we can potentially withdraw Eriksen at some point for Lamela if he makes the bench.

Back 3 against City is suicidal in my view as our wing backs would end up marking their wide forwards meaning we end up playing a back 5 and get completely pinned back

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Personally I think playing a back 5 is the way forward against Emirates Marketing Project away from home, as with De Bruyne and D Silva they basically play a front 5:

upload_2019-4-19_9-28-20.png

Silva and De Bruyne will always get in behind your midfield, and with a back 4 you’ll always be overloaded.

E.g. For their first 2 goals on Wednesday our full-backs got dragged inside and had to leave Sterling and B Silva respectively in acres of space. To some extent for their third too, with De Bruyne overlapping on the outside this time. And for their fourth Rose didn’t come inside to pick up De Bruyne, and so he was left alone to run at the defence and then play in Aguero.

I think you’re right that you risk getting pinned back with a back 5 - I guess you have to decide whether you want to be open and have chances to counter (like Wednesday) or be tighter with less chances to counter. Having said that, I think 5-3-2 is the best of both worlds - leave 2 up top to counter, and have midfield 3 shuttle side to side to watch the full-backs (who tend not to overlap loads anyway as the wingers are providing their width).

Last edited:
We have to win our 3 home games against Brighton, West Ham and Everton to have any chance of getting top 4, throw in Bournemouth away which we have a good chance of at least a point too, thats the 10 I feel we need

Tomorrow is a completely free shot as not many are expecting us to get even a point but I would be thinking about next week too with Brighton/Hammers coming up

It would be a real statement if we get something out of Saturday ..

I agree. There is a feel good factor around us now where it was despair a few weeks ago. Get something here and it could do wonders for our confidence and for the rest of the season.

I don't fancy us one bit though and I've no idea how Poch grounds himself and the players for this. I'm still on cloud 9 after Wednesday. Can only imagine how the players and manager feel.

Midfield is a big, big worry. I don't think Skipp is at that level yet. It's a big ask of Big Vic to go again on Saturday. We can't risk Sissoko and Dier and Winks are injured. I'd probably give Foyth a run if it's a choice between him and Skipp and partner him with Big Vic.

We're also asking a lot of Eriksen. He's been virtually ever present and we'll be asking him to go again twice a week for the next few weeks.

If Poch gets us something here, he's well and truly the second coming.

Normally I'd be saying throw the kids out, anything to stop Liverpool winning the league.
But you know what fudge that, a draw tomorrow could wreck City and do wonders for us.
And if Liverpool have to fight on two fronts it gives us a better CL chance, IF we get past ajax of course.
Liverpool PL winners
Spurs CL winners
I can live with that, just.

Back