• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM vs CHELSKI ***

Was at the game last night, brilliant performance from the team! Atmosphere was incredible too! I was looking forward to this fixture ever since the battle at the bridge last May. I think everyone at the ground last night and the players were too. Everyone was pumped up for it but we weren't overly aggressive like the game last season. The aggression and effort was spot on, credit to Poch and the players for getting it right and not letting the occasion get to them. Was great to get some form of revenge against them even if they do on to win the title.

Next two league games are WBA at home then Emirates Marketing Project away. I would be more surprised if we beat WBA giving how they always play against i.e. we go a goal up then we concede after they put pressure on us and given that Pulis seems to do well to frustrate us.

We're in a similar position to last season i.e. bit of a slow start with a few draws but starting to come good at the same point we did last season. People are now expecting things of us. I've said many times I don't believe we do well in this position. We operate better when we fly under the radar.

Prove me wrong Spurs.

Good stuff re the ground. Was GREAT to watch on the box, i barely could hear a peep from the Chelski fans - were they really that quiet??

Isn't it odd that we have WBA as our next league game after a signature win like this???:eek:

After each of these type of signature wins like this we go and c0ck up the next game (i.e. don't win, when perhaps we should). If we DO beat Pulis and his merry men (wont be easy at all like you say) then i will REALLY start to believe we could challenge for the title this season.
Good job we're at home i guess.

COYS

Good stuff re the ground. Was GREAT to watch on the box, i barely could hear a peep from the Chelski fans - were they really that quiet??

Isn't it odd that we have WBA as our next league game after a signature win like this???:eek:

After each of these type of signature wins like this we go and c0ck up the next game (i.e. don't win, when perhaps we should). If we DO beat Pulis and his merry men (wont be easy at all like you say) then i will REALLY start to believe we could challenge for the title this season.
Good job we're at home i guess.

COYS

There was nearly a riot in the Park Lane lower when Alli scored the first goal. Best atmosphere I've heard for a non North London Derby game.

Their fans were brick as usual. They trotted out the usual "Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea" but that's about it. Didn't even get a rendition of "Carefree". Think perhaps their fans underestimated how up for it our fans were.

I think the WBA game has got a draw written all over it. They've been a bogey side for us for years, even when we beat them it's usually backs to the wall at the end. They're coming for a draw make no mistake about it. We usually score against them which forces them to come at us, then they score from a set piece. Anything other than a win is a bad result IMO after beating Chelsea.

The team are getting plaudits now, people have sat up and taken notice after 5 successive wins topped off with win against the league leaders who had won 13 in a row. If we want to be taken seriously as title contenders, WBA is the type of game we simply have to win. The fact that we play before everyone else is extra incentive too.

There was nearly a riot in the Park Lane lower when Alli scored the first goal. Best atmosphere I've heard for a non North London Derby game.

Their fans were bricke as usual. They trotted out the usual "Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea" but that's about it. Didn't even get a rendition of "Carefree". Think perhaps their fans underestimated how up for it our fans were.

I think the WBA game has got a draw written all over it. They've been a bogey side for us for years, even when we beat them it's usually backs to the wall at the end. They're coming for a draw make no mistake about it. We usually score against them which forces them to come at us, then they score from a set piece. Anything other than a win is a bad result IMO after beating Chelsea.

The team are getting plaudits now, people have sat up and taken notice after 5 successive wins topped off with win against the league leaders who had won 13 in a row. If we want to be taken seriously as title contenders, WBA is the type of game we simply have to win. The fact that we play before everyone else is extra incentive too.

Indeed; WBA played us after Emirates Marketing Project too.

I remember when Poch beat Pulis two seasons ago in late January 3-0 at the Hawthornes, IIRC we scored 2 in gthe first 20 mins or so and whilst they attacked us they left themselves open and we made it 3-0.

I suspect we can do similar, i.e. score twice in the first half and force them onto us, before we hit them again. I think our pace on the break at home will be our advantage (we hardly had any pace to call on for our game in April last year for example); Sissoko could be our trump card, especially if we take an early-ish lead.

Let's hope i haven't jinxed things now:oops:

Watching the highlights I saw an interesting thing which I'm surprised "The Great Know All" Mr Tyler didn't see or maybe didn't know. Harry Kane was given offside from a throw in from Rose on about 30 minutes. A player is not offside if they receive the ball directly from a goal kick, corner or throw in.

Just catching up, and surprised this wasn't picked up. I twigged it live and the expert commentators didn't .... gizzajob. It was betwee Danny's collision with ?Moses? and Danny sitting it out for treatment. Ref deffo used his arm to indicate the offside. Unless there were deflections that made it so?. It wasn't him that had Verts o/s in our half ?

Generally I thougt ref was OK - he certainly laughed off several of their claims for fouls, including a couple of penalties

Just catching up, and surprised this wasn't picked up. I twigged it live and the expert commentators didn't .... gizzajob. It was betwee Danny's collision with ?Moses? and Danny sitting it out for treatment. Ref deffo used his arm to indicate the offside. Unless there were deflections that made it so?. It wasn't him that had Verts o/s in our half ?

Generally I thougt ref was OK - he certainly laughed off several of their claims for fouls, including a couple of penalties

Rose throws the ball in, Luiz (I think) gets to it first and makes a touch with Kane in close attention behind him. I can only imagine that Atkinson would argue that Luiz touching the ball (rather than Kane receiving it directly) from the throw-in meant a new phase of play was constituted and that therefore Kane became offside before he attempted to challenge. It's a strange one, though.

Rose throws the ball in, Luiz (I think) gets to it first and makes a touch with Kane in close attention behind him. I can only imagine that Atkinson would argue that Luiz touching the ball (rather than Kane receiving it directly) from the throw-in meant a new phase of play was constituted and that therefore Kane became offside before he attempted to challenge. It's a strange one, though.

Yeah. If that was the reasoning, Kane wouldn't be offside as he received the ball from an opponent (but wasn't technically in an offside when the ball was played from a team mate).

Yeah. If that was the reasoning, Kane wouldn't be offside as he received the ball from an opponent (but wasn't technically in an offside when the ball was played from a team mate).

Well, Kane never actually touches the ball, but Atkinson may have deemed him to have become active from what was then nominally an offside position at the point he attempts to challenge Luiz.

Last edited:
Well, Kane never actually touches the ball, but Atkinson may have deemed him to have become active from what was then nominally an offside position at the point he attempts to challenge Luiz.

Not offside from a throw, nor from contact with a defender. It would have needed contact with one of ours. I didn't see any.

Not offside from a throw, nor from contact with a defender. It would have needed contact with one of ours. I didn't see any.

No, but I'm saying the only way it makes sense is if Atkinson deemed Luiz's touch away from goal to have started a new phase of play and that in subsequently challenging him from goalside, Kane was becoming active from a then nominally offside position. It's either that, or he somehow forgot the rule altogether.

No, but I'm saying the only way it makes sense is if Atkinson deemed Luiz's touch away from goal to have started a new phase of play and that in subsequently challenging him from goalside, Kane was becoming active from a then nominally offside position. It's either that, or he somehow forgot the rule.

Direction of Luiz contact not relevant. That would not be a valid decision under the laws or guidance to referees.

Avoid getting your understanding of the laws from TV burblings, check the laws for yourself.

Direction of Luiz contact not relevant. That would not be a valid decision under the laws or guidance to referees.

Avoid getting your understanding of the laws from TV burblings, check the laws for yourself.

I have read the rule, I'm just trying to make sense of what was going through Atkinson's head. Perhaps a waste of time. I didn't notice at the time whether he was just reacting to a linesman's flag, either, or whether it was all his own work.

I have read the rule, I'm just trying to make sense of what was going through Atkinson's head. Perhaps a waste of time. I didn't notice at the time whether he was just reacting to a linesman's flag, either, or whether it was all his own work.

I think he's reacted to the "assistant referee". Everyone moans about referees but I think linesmen (I hate that title they now have)are bloody useless, how many times do you see a linesman look to see what the ref gives before showing who to give a throw-in to, they spend the entire game looking across the line for off-side and have no idea when the pass is made.

I think he's reacted to the "assistant referee". Everyone moans about referees but I think linesmen (I hate that title they now have)are bloody useless, how many times do you see a linesman look to see what the ref gives before showing who to give a throw-in to, they spend the entire game looking across the line for off-side and have no idea when the pass is made.

May well have been the case; I didn't look towards the lino at the time.

It is great to beat Chelsea for once ! This was a sweet revenge for the disappointing draw at Chelsea which destroyed our league title chance last season. Felt confident we would win this match due to our excellent home record against Chelsea in recent years. Also, we have been playing much better at home than away this season. It is good that we managed to make use of our chances to beat Chelsea and move above the league table.

Well done to Alli for scoring both our goals. Never thought he will be our match winner against Chelsea but he took his headers well for both goals. It was a perfect time for Alli to show the world what he can do against big teams. Amazing that Alli has now scored 7 goals in his last 4 matches and 10 league goals so far this season. He is now our joint top scorer in the league with Kane ! Who knows, maybe Alli will end up as our top scorer this season if he continues his recent goal run. Really thought Kane would be our match winner but he was largely missing for most of the match.

I think we won this match in midfield. Wanyama and Dembele managed to control the midfield and stopped Chelsea from playing. Eriksen did well to assist both the goals for Alli with inch perfect crosses. But was disappointed Eriksen wasted 2 goal scoring chances, one early in the first half and another a a freekick in the second half. Really wish Eriksen can score from free kicks soon !

Big credit to our defence for keeping the clean sheet against Chelsea. Chelsea were poor and our did well to stop all the Chelsea attacks. Apart from a few anxious moments, Chelsea didn't look like scoring the whole match. Well done to Lloris, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Dier, Rose and Walker for being alert all the time. Hope this clean sheet will encourage us to keep more clean sheets for the rest of the season.

It is great to win our 5th consecutive league match and move into 3rd place in the league. We are now just 7 points behind Chelsea. Let's hope we will go on a long winning run to move even closer to the 1st place in the coming matches.

Back