• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Omt - Tottenham vs Boro

I respect your posts immensely fella but youre wrong if you think our brickness is on Kane.

We are so reliant on him not just to score but also it seems to assist. He scores, he creates and he sets the tempo of our games, he gets back and defends at set pieces and still fans have a go at him. As @Finney Is Back says when this guy goes we will be fighting relegation. I have absolutely no doubt that he would be winning trophies if he went to any one in the top 4.

I'm but relegation talk is just complete nonsense.
We won the won the first three games of the season without him, and tanked when he came back.
We got through the qf and sf of the CL without him and tanked in the final with him.
Harry Kane is undoubtedly our best player, its close between him and bale as our best player in the PL era imho, but relegation talk is nonsense.

I respect your posts immensely fella but youre wrong if you think our brickness is on Kane.

We are so reliant on him not just to score but also it seems to assist. He scores, he creates and he sets the tempo of our games, he gets back and defends at set pieces and still fans have a go at him. As @Finney Is Back says when this guy goes we will be fighting relegation. I have absolutely no doubt that he would be winning trophies if he went to any one in the top 4.

I do think there’s merit in the argument that Kane doesn’t always turn up when it matters, just look at his record in finals for Spurs and England. That being said, I’m not sure why some continually dig him and Son out when we lose a football match. They are by far our best players and have been for a number of years. They could literally play for any team in the league. They both score goals, create chances, work hard and have intelligence.

I'm sure looking back over their careers players wont care how much money was spent to win their medals. No more than if you were a banker you would feel wrong about wanting to work for the likes of Goldman Sachs rather than a small investment bank.
Of course
It’s why some really bad players have won a lot of trophies
And it’s why some players are remembered for being elite whereas others are forgotten but have a booming trophy cabinet

We won the won the first three games of the season without him, and tanked when he came back.
We got through the qf and sf of the CL without him and tanked in the final with him.
Harry Kane is undoubtedly our best player, its close between him and bale as our best player in the PL era imho, but relegation talk is nonsense.

We scored two goals that were crosses and a penalty in the first three games. Yes we got to the CL final with some gutsy performances but we had elements of luck in both rounds Kane missed. No one turned up in the final other than Winks and Rose. Kane wasn’t match fit

I'm not so sure mate. Of course I am looking over the course of a season rather than 3 games that in the he scheme of things appear to have been outliers. I don't think we have enough in this squad without Kane to necessarily be clear of relegation even if we avoid it. Hell we are mid table with him in the team so it's not a great leap to think where we would be without him.

I suppose it is a reflection of how poor our squad is when players like Winks Hojberg and Royale get games regularly when they wouldn`t get into any other top 10 side. We should have started the likes of Rodon Devine Sanchez and Scarlett.
So as Winks, Hojbjerg and Royal wouldn't get into another top 10 side, you'd start Rodon, Sanchez, Devine and Scarlett. :confused:

We scored two goals that were crosses and a penalty in the first three games. Yes we got to the CL final with some gutsy performances but we had elements of luck in both rounds Kane missed. No one turned up in the final other than Winks and Rose. Kane wasn’t match fit

Do goals from crosses count less?
Gutsy wins don't count?
When was our last gutsy big win with Kane on the pitch?
I'm not doubting his ability or application, but lets not kid ourselves that its working or that he is making a difference for us or that we need him to win the big games.

Gutsy wins don't count?
I'm not doubting his ability or application, but lets not kid ourselves that its working or that he is making a difference for us or that we need him to win the big games.

We need to look past expecting players to win us the big games on their own - when you have strong teams with top quality players all over the pitch, that's when you win big games regularly and when you win trophies. When you only have 1 or 2 big players they are easily shut out against top opposition

I'm not so sure mate. Of course I am looking over the course of a season rather than 3 games that in the he scheme of things appear to have been outliers. I don't think we have enough in this squad without Kane to necessarily be clear of relegation even if we avoid it. Hell we are mid table with him in the team so it's not a great leap to think where we would be without him.

So you think Kane is worth 20-30 points a season?

Gutsy wins don't count?
The weekend before last.... With him being head and shoulders man of the match and probably giving one of the best centre forward displays I have ever seen.

We need to look past expecting players to win us the big games on their own - when you have strong teams with top quality players all over the pitch, that's when you win trophies.

I'm not expecting a player to win us the big games, to turn up would be a start mind you, this is a squad issue and it goes right through it.
No one, absolutely no one that has been with us for more 18 month is worth keeping.

I'm not expecting a player to win us the big games, to turn up would be a start mind you, this is a squad issue and it goes right through it.
No one, absolutely no one that has been with us for more 18 month is worth keeping.

You've lost the run of yourself on this point mate

I think Kane and Son's goals and assists are the main things preventing us from plummeting down the table. Takeaway Kane and yeah I think we are in big trouble.

That's two players, but hey ho.
I'd rule out top four but i can't see that we would be much weaker than those around us.

Read my posts again.

As @glasgowspur said, anyone who signs for any of the top 4 clubs will win trophies. He, along with everyone else, have consistently not turned up when it matters. That's what I'm saying, not that it's his fault alone. But he can not blame anyone else!

Back