• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Vs Aston Villa

---------------------Lloris--------------------
Emerson-----Romero-------Rodon--------Reguilon
---------------Hojbjerg---Skipp---------------
--Lucas-------------Lo Celso------------Son---
----------------------Kane--------------------

That’s what I’d go for. But I doubt it will be. Most managers these days will think he played Thursday he needs a rest etc…

That would pretty much be my side (it's a tossup between Rodon and Sanchez really), but I really want to see some signs that the manager is learning. We got rid of Sissoko and Aurier, Davies and Winks wouldn't be seen if it weren't for injuries and now it's time for Alli and Dier to follow. Lo Celso should get the chance to have a run in his best position. We could try Ndombele as one of the two deeper midfielders, but not against a strong Villa side.

The Villa coach is quality imo and slowly building up a good squad and style of play. You can see what they are trying to and it has been that way since they were promoted two years ago.

Wait a minute, you mean it took Dean Smith more than 10 games to get his team playing really well in a settled system?

Who would have thought that managers need 6 months to a year to get teams motoring?

If we swap managers every 15 matches we'll never get a system going.

Wait a minute, you mean it took Dean Smith more than 10 games to get his team playing really well in a settled system?

Who would have thought that managers need 6 months to a year to get teams motoring?

Banging your head against a brick wall mate. This is the I want it and I want it now generation!

When has a Nuno team ever played attractive football?
Why do you think at this point in his career that suddenly he needs a few games to get an attractive system of playing football going?

Dean Smith's Brentford were a faboulous team to watch.
Nuno has sfa to back up his claim for this job.

When has a Nuno team ever played attractive football?
Why do you think at this point in his career that suddenly he needs a few games to get an attractive system of playing football going?

Dean Smith's Brentford were a faboulous team to watch.
Nuno has sfa to back up his claim for this job.

Bizarre appointment after what was said when we sacked Mourinho.

Even more bizarrely we’d be just a couple points behind either City or Liverpool.

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the un-rightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
This is my quest,
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless,
No matter how far.
To fight for the right
Without question or pause,
To be willing to march
Into hell for a heavenly cause.
And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

Bizarre appointment after what was said when we sacked Mourinho.

There's very little details around the sacking except that it was very sudden. And just as quickly he found a job where he was warmly welcomed. I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho quit or create a situation so he could leave. Could explain Levy was caught with pants down.

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the un-rightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
This is my quest,
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless,
No matter how far.
To fight for the right
Without question or pause,
To be willing to march
Into hell for a heavenly cause.
And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

masochists ... thats what we are.

A small difficulty. Come on people stand behind Nuno. It is not as if we and the club provided him with a conducive environment. I even read somewhere (to be confirmed) that he didn't even come with his usual contingent of personnel to support him. Let's give him more time. This is barely October.

There's very little details around the sacking except that it was very sudden. And just as quickly he found a job where he was warmly welcomed. I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho quit or create a situation so he could leave. Could explain Levy was caught with pants down.
Interesting viewpoint that I hadn’t actually considered. The timing has always been odd. Some think Levy wanted to save money or that a new manager bounce could help in the final.

But I wonder if Mourinho (the egomaniac that he is) was just thinking about his reputation. Won something at every club he’s been at. After our European bottle job he knew he wasn’t winning anything with this bunch. And he was gonna get sacked soon enough. Hard stamp of failure. So he somehow engineers a situation where he has to go immediately. And can at least now push the narrative that he was prevented from winning something.

Who knows really. The truth won’t come out for years unfortunately.

Interesting viewpoint that I hadn’t actually considered. The timing has always been odd. Some think Levy wanted to save money or that a new manager bounce could help in the final.

But I wonder if Mourinho (the egomaniac that he is) was just thinking about his reputation. Won something at every club he’s been at. After our European bottle job he knew he wasn’t winning anything with this bunch. And he was gonna get sacked soon enough. Hard stamp of failure. So he somehow engineers a situation where he has to go immediately. And can at least now push the narrative that he was prevented from winning something.

Who knows really. The truth won’t come out for years unfortunately.
You will always get a view on different sides of the truth too

Just incase anyone missed it kick off is at 14.00 by the way.

After our last league game, the players need to put in a performance today. Desperately need to start playing for each other and as a team. Despite our resent form I think that we are fairly evenly matched so this looks like a draw to me. These are the games we need to win to keep in touch with the leading pack, don't expect it to be pretty. Not a lot of goals in this, a game like the City one will do the job for now. That feels like a long time ago, but that is the spirit we need. Hoping that the Thursday game has restored some confidence. If only we had that back up striker, then we could bench Kane again (seemed to motivate him). But as we don't then I guess he will start, just hope he puts the effort in. This isn't going to be the fate deciding match for our manager many are suggesting, like it or not Nuno will be with us for a while yet (unless he resigns). Its really up to the players to do the basics right and show some spirit.

heart says 1-0 spurs, head says 0-0 draw

COYS!
BADGER-SHOUTS-smll.jpg

Back