• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham vs Arsenal ***

It's yesterday's news, we're looking forward not back at them. Couldn't care less where they finish, now we're on the up. But for many years it was painful. Now we can only look forward. The Goons have a rebuilding job to do, but they have sizeable cash reserves and a functioning cash cow of a stadium. They are also a shade more likely than us to win a trophy this season.

It's yesterday's news, we're looking forward not back at them. Couldn't care less where they finish, now we're on the up. But for many years it was painful. Now we can only look forward. The Goons have a rebuilding job to do, but they have sizeable cash reserves and a functioning cash cow of a stadium. They are also a shade more likely than us to win a trophy this season.

They have cash, but their spending power is not greater than City/Cheat$ki/Manure, so they will have to vastly overspend for 2nd tier options. Sanchez is gone, lots of rebuilding to do for them

They have cash, but their spending power is not greater than City/Cheat$ki/Manure, so they will have to vastly overspend for 2nd tier options. Sanchez is gone, lots of rebuilding to do for them
And they also have the issue (as many Gooners moan about) of what top manager will go there given how the board is. Plus what top top triffic players will go there too. Happy days.

I totally understand where you're coming from, but I would much rather we're flying on the pitch and not getting credit, than the other way around. Even after our latest win the talk is about "what does Liverpool have to do," "is Wenger staying," "how can you blame United for their position when they've had so many injuries," etc etc, and hardly a mention of "look at this amazing Spurs team pushing Chelsea till the end, in spite of their injuries, Europe, and lower wages than anyone in the top 6."

You know what, that's fine. I couldn't give a rat's ass.

I get were you're coming from, but while the media keep talking positively about other teams young impressionable people think they're the teams to follow, and that cost the club in sale of merchandising and possibly tv revenue. What I find annoying is how Tyler is allowed to continually snipe at our club in his "commentary" (definition..a spoke description of an event that is broadcast as the event happens). Watch the game on Sky again today and when we were 2-0 up he had to mention us losing the last game of the season 5-1 to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, surprised he didn't say Nah, nah, nanana.

my feelings on finishing above them*

relief, more than anything else, we've been better than them since AVB was in charge, we've had a mental block on getting over the line

*as it stands, we've been cheated before

It's actually important, not world changing, but another step of progress.

- We have now finished above every club in the PL in the last few seasons.
- We are improving our results against peers
- Record points total
- Dealing with the pressure and expectations

Still their reaction is hilarious, they still think they have a better squad and this is a one off.

It's actually important, not world changing, but another step of progress.

- We have now finished above every club in the PL in the last few seasons.
- We are improving our results against peers
- Record points total

Still their reaction is hilarious, they still think they have a better squad and this is a one off.

I would agree if last season didn't happen or the progress of certain questioned individuals that are "one season wonders", or the players that carry on going about it quietly, even though sky slap you in the face with the numbers.

Even still, with the current setup in terms of facilities and management its only a matter of time when it crumbles the spurs way ... You know that stadium that won't be built.

Even then as a Spurs fan I am forever the optimist.

This is the best bit for me. You can see clear year on year development. Even on the beginning of the season. We're that much more composed and trust that if we do what we do, we'll win. Confidence is always built on reality. You can't really fake confidence, it has to come from winning.

Lovely stuff Dubai. Poch may play it down, and rightly so, but we shouldn't lose the significance of what means. For so long, the inevitability that Arsenal would finish above us has hung round the neck of the club and always held us back, like no one could really believe that whatever good we did, we would actually get in front of them. Even when we really thought we had them - last season, 2012, Lasagna, they always found a way back in front. It was like they had some secret. Some special sauce because they were just a better, more professional club and knew they would get there in the end. But no more. Even if they get in front of us next season, it isn't going to be for another 20. The fact that they always got ahead of us in the end, seemingly inevitably (and with the sheer bad luck we've had I somewhat thought it was destined to continue forever) still made us look and feel like we were a slightly smaller club. No matter what we achieved. No matter what good we did, it still felt like, at the business end of the season, we were the same old Spurs. Nice enough, but not a real team. Not really playing where the big boys play. Even last season, when we were clearly better than them, they still managed it. But it papered over the cracks for them. And it was our final lesson. We are a class apart from them right now and hopefully that continues. But even if it doesn't, we've proven something massive today and that significance shouldn't be lost.

Sometimes when I am daydreaming I imagine that a djinni emerges from a bottle to give me three wishes. Obviously I choose to use one of them on boosting the fortunes of the might Lilywhites, but just choosing "THFC to win every game they play" would be self-defeating, and make following football boring, so what I choose is "THFC to always finish at least 10 points ahead of Manchester United".

It keeps a bit of uncertainty alive and ensures a large number of glory hunters the world over have to switch allegiance to another team in order to see "their team" win a title.

Of course, it leaves open that Spurs could get relegated in the event of am absolutely disastrous season for ManUre, but that just adds a bit of spice.

Anyway, enough of my drivel - I just mentioned it as I half-believed Wenger had made a similar pact with the devil, only with Arse to always finish above Spurs.

Sunday's result was confirmation that the devil does not exist but there is a GHod (and his name is Glenn).

It may be that what was being bandied about in the press (Walker saying he'd assess his Spurs future at the end of the season) has got up Poch's nose. We've seen how ruthless he can be in the past when players haven't shown 100% commitment to the project.

Or it could just be that he thinks Trippier is better today from a tactical point of view.

Sorry for this as you're not the only one, but can we please stop calling it "the project"? It sounds like something Emirates Marketing Project fans would say.

I kind of like how we never came up with a pathetic name for the day when they couldn't finish above us. St Totteringham was such a crock of sh!t.

Our day was called Sunday.

Ah, yes, indeed! I half-dreaded someone would come up with a stupid name and flog it around, but thankfully not. Let's keep it that way.

Cringe. Why did it 6 stewards to tackle him? Clearly wasn't a threat, he was just giving it large.

Yeah, I was in the PL Upper and noticed the stewards rushing down the steps to the front of the stand and bundling someone away. I assumed it was kicking off (although seemed a bit out of place for the West Lower!). So when I saw what had actually happened it did seem like total overkill.

I get were you're coming from, but while the media keep talking positively about other teams young impressionable people think they're the teams to follow, and that cost the club in sale of merchandising and possibly tv revenue. What I find annoying is how Tyler is allowed to continually snipe at our club in his "commentary" (definition..a spoke description of an event that is broadcast as the event happens). Watch the game on Sky again today and when we were 2-0 up he had to mention us losing the last game of the season 5-1 to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, surprised he didn't say Nah, nah, nanana.

Some of you lot will never go hungry, as you've got so many chips on your shoulders! :)

If Tyler is such a one-sided obvious Gooner, why did he go to the trouble to explain the stitch-up that started the enmity Tottenham fans feel towards Arsenal? I don't recall any other commentator going into that level of detail, explaining the whole Woolwich thing as well.

Of course, there were some jocular comments about how long ago this all was and by implication how petty it is to continue to hold a grudge, but I think that's fair enough.

Neither have I got a problem with Smith saying Kane earned the penalty. There was contact, but just in case the ref had not noticed it, Kane moved his right leg between the Gooner's legs and he wasn't trying to do the lambada with him.

If an opposition player had done that to one of our boys, e.g. Moses/Son, I would have been annoyed but not surprised.

Back