• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v Wolves

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly surprised to see Eriksen in the MOTM vote. He didn't show up today IMO.

I agree he deffo wasn't MOTM and didn't play well but he covered a lot of ground today particularly in the second half when they had us under the cosh. Worked his socks off. It was just one of those days for him.

Not sure why you think that, unless you are focusing on the Christmas fixtures in isolation. To my knowledge other teams did not have a tough Champions league qualification and an extra derby against fierce rivals leading into Christmas.

We've certainly had a very tough December. On reflection, I think that it is impossible for us to know whether the second half performance was down to fatigue or trying to avoid fatigue. I guess that we will find out on New Years Day.

I agree he deffo wasn't MOTM and didn't play well but he covered a lot of ground today particularly in the second half when they had us under the cosh. Worked his socks off. It was just one of those days for him.
Well I saw something different. He always runs, I'll give you that, but on the ball he played well below his ability. He is the best player on the pitch we need him to perform when the others are not playing well. I thought he hid to be honest.

We've certainly had a very tough December. On reflection, I think that it is impossible for us to know whether the second half performance was down to fatigue or trying to avoid fatigue. I guess that we will find out on New Years Day.
Poch and Kane have said in post match interviews that they lacked energy in the second half. That says to me that the team was fatigued. We have been a little unlucky with injuries to our midfielders. I hope we are able to maintain energy levels for the Chelsea double header. Would love us to get through to the final. Poch and the boys deserve some glory.

Poch and Kane have said in post match interviews that they lacked energy in the second half. That says to me that the team was fatigued. We have been a little unlucky with injuries to our midfielders. I hope we are able to maintain energy levels for the Chelsea double header. Would love us to get through to the final. Poch and the boys deserve some glory.

We can rest players in the cup game and we play on the Friday which should help

We did lack energy, we were too slow and sat back. That doesn't meant that the players were fatigued.

I don’t think the players and manager are at fault at all today, hands are tied

The lack of recruitment - ins and outs - was the issue today

Hopefully it would affect us too
Much this season
It's not the lack of transfers, it's the bad luck we've had with injuries! You don't sign players in case you have 3 centre midfielders out with lengthy injuries at the same time. If only one of them had been fit, we'd have pretty much no issues, and could have rotated sensibly.
We've been incredibly unlucky. Take winjaldum, keita and Fabinho out of Liverpool for pretty much the entire season so far, and they would not be in the position they're currently in.

We did lack energy, we were too slow and sat back. That doesn't meant that the players were fatigued.
Yeah ok. Not sure what it will take for you to accept the players were fatigued. Maybe a quote from Poch himself?

Pochettino admits that the performance and the energy of his Tottenham players dropped in the second half and it became difficult once Wolves scored their second goal in the final ten minutes.

He was quoted saying by the BBC: "We did not dominate the ball in the second half.

"We were wrong in the way we tried to play, too much long ball and our energy dropped in the second half, which led to bad decision making when they were on the ball.

"It was difficult to come back into the game after their equaliser. But that is football.”

Pochettino believes his side felt the effects of their recent efforts in the second half and suggested that his players looked tired towards the end of the game.

“We have had a very good run in the last few weeks and to keep that level is difficult.

"We tried to play a little more in the second half, but we were too direct and I think we started to pay for the effort in the other games.

"We are not machines.

“We need to understand that we cannot get ourselves in this situation.

"I think we used the ball in the wrong way and allowed them to create chances on the transitions."

It's not the lack of transfers, it's the bad luck we've had with injuries! You don't sign players in case you have 3 centre midfielders out with lengthy injuries at the same time. If only one of them had been fit, we'd have pretty much no issues, and could have rotated sensibly.
We've been incredibly unlucky. Take winjaldum, keita and Fabinho out of Liverpool for pretty much the entire season so far, and they would not be in the position they're currently in.

Yeah you do
Everyone knows that
You must have 5 players for each position
When we win 5 nil it’s nothing to do with the squad we have
When we lose it’s always because we didn’t sign enough players
Their indisputable facts
And their is still no such thing as World Cup fatigue as Kane is joint top scorer and eh player the whole World Cup so there

I don’t entirely disagree mate, but Dembele and Wanyama have both had poor injury records. It was foreseeable that we would have had problems this year relying on one or both. The issue was not that we didn’t need to bring in cover more that we couldn’t without shifting one or both.

Yeah ok. Not sure what it will take for you to accept the players were fatigued. Maybe a quote from Poch himself?

Pochettino admits that the performance and the energy of his Tottenham players dropped in the second half and it became difficult once Wolves scored their second goal in the final ten minutes.

He was quoted saying by the BBC: "We did not dominate the ball in the second half.

"We were wrong in the way we tried to play, too much long ball and our energy dropped in the second half, which led to bad decision making when they were on the ball.

"It was difficult to come back into the game after their equaliser. But that is football.”

Pochettino believes his side felt the effects of their recent efforts in the second half and suggested that his players looked tired towards the end of the game.

“We have had a very good run in the last few weeks and to keep that level is difficult.

"We tried to play a little more in the second half, but we were too direct and I think we started to pay for the effort in the other games.

"We are not machines.

“We need to understand that we cannot get ourselves in this situation.

"I think we used the ball in the wrong way and allowed them to create chances on the transitions."

I agree with everything he says. It applies equally to us trying to manage the game out or being dead on our legs. Watching it, I thought that we were trying to manage the game out. I may well be wrong but you cannot be certain that your reading is right either.

I don’t entirely disagree mate, but Dembele and Wanyama have both had poor injury records. It was foreseeable that we would have had problems this year relying on one or both. The issue was not that we didn’t need to bring in cover more that we couldn’t without shifting one or both.

I've been mulling this over since Christmas. I wonder whether we are going to have to have a busier January/summer because we failed to move on players last summer. We need to free up space before we bring anyone in.

I've been mulling this over since Christmas. I wonder whether we are going to have to have a busier January/summer because we failed to move on players last summer. We need to free up space before we bring anyone in.
I think us not having moved at least one of them on could cost us dearly as the season progresses. Thank GHod Sissoko has found form and a normally injury prone Winks has managed to build up a run of games. Not sure what the recovery time for an appendectomy is.

I think us not having moved at least one of them on could cost us dearly as the season progresses. Thank GHod Sissoko has found form and a normally injury prone Winks has managed to build up a run of games. Not sure what the recovery time for an appendectomy is.

Under normal circumstances, I would be arguing that we sell Sissoko at the end of the season. He's having his best season in English football and there is a fair chance that he will go back to his previous form but it may be too much upheaval to lose him, Dembele and Wanyama over a couple of windows.

Under normal circumstances, I would be arguing that we sell Sissoko at the end of the season. He's having his best season in English football and there is a fair chance that he will go back to his previous form but it may be too much upheaval to lose him, Dembele and Wanyama over a couple of windows.
Ah, I see you and Scara have swapped places for the night.

Pochettino said:
"We are not machines.
“We need to understand that we cannot get ourselves in this situation."

Poch needs to understand that substitutes are allowed. They help to relieve fatigue.

Sometimes he will chuck Danny Rose into defensive midfield, we all raise our eyebrows, then it works out fine... yet today... nothing. Just let the players drown and drown and drown.

Poch is also allowed to advise players during the game, for example "stop playing so direct, keep the ball".

Back