• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT-Tottenham v QPR******

Utter crap. Good support from the fans, marred by the booing, but by Christ what an awful, awful performance. Against an injury-hit Rangers side, this is what we come up with?

Bale needs to be put further upfield, and we need to put someone up front to help Defoe. Vertonghen LB and a switch to 4-4-1-1, perhaps, with Dempsey playing just in behind Defoe. Siggy off for Caulker, who replaces Vertonghen at CB.

Come on you Spurs, don't go down this easily.

has siggy touched it this half?

Yes, in one of the very few instances Dembele or Sandro actually passed him the fecking ball, he made a very nice pass to Defoe who should've passed it on instead of taking a shot. He can't do any damage if he doesn't receive the ball. We're using Sandro as the main outlet from our defenders, instead of dropping Dembele (Or even Gylfi) deeper to start our attacks.

And without the ball he seems to be the only player interested in winning it back. Not defending him because he's Icelandic, but at least he's running about and showing some desire.

I'll say it again. Azza cannot work with the likes of Glen Johnson or Kyle Walker. Drop one or the other. We have athletes on the right but not intelligent footballers IMO (moreso the case for Walker). Admiteddly they are both young but by the time they are experienced, the athletical attributes will have deteriorated.

Lennon is one if the most intelligent footballers we have at the club, that is the shame of it all

I'll say it again. Azza cannot work with the likes of Glen Johnson or Kyle Walker. Drop one or the other. We have athletes on the right but not intelligent footballers IMO (moreso the case for Walker). Admiteddly they are both young but by the time they are experienced, the athletical attributes will have deteriorated.

Walker's been dogbrick.....again. He was the primary reason we conceded the goal, he ball watched instead of pushing out. He has also been at fault for two other conceded goals this season. Way too many individual mistakes. I can't believe Redknapp favoured him over Corluka.

How is it that we're playing with five in midfield (or a variation of) and were always massively outnumbered in midfield?!

I wish Ade was fit and playing, he would make all the crosses and long kicks a lot more dangerous.

Its sad to say, but i havent seen us play this bad for years!

We cant pick two passes together and the players seem to be completely lost!

How is it that we're playing with five in midfield (or a variation of) and were always massively outnumbered in midfield?!

I wish Ade was fit and playing, he would make all the crosses and long kicks a lot more dangerous.

Our midfield has no balance whatsoever.

Well after what i thought were 2 decent to good previous performances where the signs were that we had some cohesion and were moving in the right direction that was tinkle poor. A shocking half all round. Our passing was terrible, we gave the ball away, we were beaten to every 50/50 and when they attacked they had so much space to move into i am suprised its only 1-0. Really not very good at all.

I dont think it can get much worse so i hope the only way is up.

Our formation is just handing the initiative to QPR. AVB is clueless.

Can you block people on this forum? Because every time this.... must refrain or get ANOTHER band.... I get very angry. If I can block him that would be best.

I did say the lineup was a worry and either it was as stupid as it looks or AVB has got it wrong. Well I guess it's the latter. Why he didn't play caulker and move Vertonghen who plays there for his country if baffling. Anyways, Bale needs to be left mid for the second half. But AVB doesn't like changing things does he.

The biggest thing this game does again though, is show how utterly inept we are with Defoe up front on his own. Even against reading it was poor, but class shone through; but we need class and our structure to shine through. Obviously Ade is injured so there is a fudge all we can do about it, but we all knew this would happen and prayed for a striker because we are so lacking and doubted Defoe would work. Well that has EXACTLY happened.

Please AVB, show you can see whats happening and move Bale!

Chris in Southampton via text: "Yes, Liverpool are 18th with two points. But, we've played Man Utd, Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal in the first five games. Spurs have arguably had a much easier start and have won one in five. I'd be much more worried if I was a Spurs fan."

There's nothing arguable about it, we've had West Brom, Norwich and QPR at home and Reading and Saudi Sportswashing Machine away. That should be at the very least 10 points, preferably 11 or 13. I feel like our home performances are getting progressively worse as well (maybe not helped by the crowd...)

Dawson is a leader too, we need some vocal on that pitch calming heads and Tom can play in our danger players

Please AVB listen to me it will work!!

That was as bad as I have ever seen us. It hurts to be that bad.

Huddlestone and Dawson please, players who understand that this level is simply unacceptable.

Dawson partners Gallas at CB, Verts to LB

Brad
Walker Gallas Dawson Vertongen
Sandro Huddlestone
Lennon Dembele Bale
Defoe

Good on paper but Defoe looks like he's having one of those games today.
I'd be afraid to take our only other striking option off.

That was as bad as I have ever seen us. It hurts to be that bad.

Huddlestone and Dawson please, players who understand that this level is simply unacceptable.

Dawson partners Gallas at CB, Verts to LB

Brad
Walker Gallas Dawson Vertongen
Sandro Huddlestone
Lennon Dembele Bale
Defoe

I don't think Dembele plays in the hole to be honest. Didn't he always play deep for Fulham and burst forward from deep?

It's a bit of a mess really isn't it.

I guess the old saying is true:

"You don't know what you've got until it's gone"

I hope some people on here realise how much we do miss "NO GOALS AND NO ASSISTS" Luka Modric now..

This is mind-blowing. We outnumber them in midfield and cannot keep possession. QPR look like they have an extra man. So, are AVB's tactics too complex for our players? I find it hard to believe professionals who have been playing since an early age can't grasp tactics.

Back