• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT-Tottenham v QPR******

With Assou-Ekotto and Naughton both injured and Rose out on loan, there really isn't any alternative to playing Bale at left back today.

But he really is a much better player when he starts a further 30 yards up the pitch.

As long as its 30 yards further forwards and on the left - not mincing around in the centre doing nothing but congesting everything.

As long as its 30 yards further forwards and on the left - not mincing around in the centre doing nothing but congesting everything.

I would hope that those days went when Harry left. AVB preference for 4-5-1 suggests that he likes wide forwards.

Was interesting that against Lazio that Bale and Dempsey swapped for 10-20 mins or so in the second half with Bale moving up top with Defoe

Bale will have a stormer today if he plays LB.... Ive been crying out for this all year. Square pegs in square holes, bale is not a forward - he is wasted there.
Disagree. Bale is more than a tad suspect at LB. He can be exposed by a lack of positional awareness. Like Walker he hasto rely on speed of thought and foot, plus in his case his immense physical prowess, to compensate.

On the plus side it does gives him scope to break at speed from the back leaving defenders in his wake. Here's hoping this is how it all pans out and that Defoe et al can keep up with him to make the most of the chances he creates.

We'll win 7-0. The QPR defence is poor today, with no idea where they will play. Clint Hill will get sent off and Defoe will score a hat-trick.....

this line-up/bench (with Adebayor injured) is a graphic illustration of how fooked we are if Defoe now picks up an injury.

With Assou-Ekotto and Naughton both injured and Rose out on loan, there really isn't any alternative to playing Bale at left back today.

But he really is a much better player when he starts a further 30 yards up the pitch.
Would have preferred Dawson or Caulker at CB, Gallas LB and Bale in front of him wide left.

I have to be honest, when i look at the starting line ups i dont see a clear difference in quality between the line ups. Not in the same way as last season.

Dyer on already! Bosingwa was going to get beaten regularly by Lennon, so in a way it's a shame but knowing Dyer's injury history, he'll be off by half time.

Hilarious, the commentary which said that Friedal might be able to take a cross? When's that going to be then.... a good save by him a moment ago but claiming crosses has never been one of his strengths.

Back