• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham v Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve not checked this, but NBC said the last time we lost at home to Everton was when Moyes was there.

EcRWZwAWsAMVHg_

For those asking... :)

What a dreadful game of football.
Points worth mentioning:
Lo Celso is decent and nasty.
Enjoyable systematic fouling of Richarlison.
Calvert-Lewin wears shorts from the u7s team, he also has brick hair.
Gomes, Gylfi, Tom Davis, Sissoko and Winks were having a competition to see who's worst.
Ancelotti looked smart, and a little like a gangster. Then thoroughly tinkled off in the last 20 minutes.
Davies block tackle made a wonderful noise.
Lamela had a sharp hair do.
Alderweireld and Dier were decent.
I want to see Ndombele given some decent game time, providing he "runs around a bit."

I Thought this felt like a game where Jose thought we needed to get back to basics. He got some players into better positions to affect their own game and also seemed to reign in some of the others. I dont mind that it was scrappy for a change. They never really looked like scoring, but I was worried at set pieces etc. But thought that Dier and Toby looked pretty commanding at that.

Winks was winks, he brought a certain calmness to our play and kept it moving. But I agree he needs to look up and play more forward passes. Lo Celso looked much more involved being up and around the box. But I thought Son had an average game and although Moura tried hard nothing really came off. But the biggest worry for me was that Kane looks off at the moment, like he is playing with a limited Hamstring. I hope its just him getting back into things. Its still shocking we dont have someone to spell him. especially with the amount of games we have.

And that brings me to another point. Jose and his subs. He is just not using them. We have 5 and he barely uses 2 and then 1 to waste some time. We have players who can come in and give the others a rest. I would have like to have seen NDombele and Fernandes get a shift in.

A very poor game of football. Once again, we played 4 MASSIVELY limited players and they were brick and made us play brick (Davies, Aurier, Sissoko, Moura).

I thought Ancelotti was a genius and Everton were playing well? Dreadful from them. Easy game for Lloris.

Ancelotti didn't effectively change things, didn't seem to motivate, just watched a bit, then went and sat down as his team settled for the loss.

Mind you, Pep's City were amazing against Pool, then lost to Soton. Pool looked cack in their last couple of games. Funny old game.

A very poor game of football. Once again, we played 4 MASSIVELY limited players and they were brick and made us play brick (Davies, Aurier, Sissoko, Moura).

I thought Ancelotti was a genius and Everton were playing well? Dreadful from them. Easy game for Lloris.

Ancelotti didn't effectively change things, didn't seem to motivate, just watched a bit, then went and sat down as his team settled for the loss.

Mind you, Pep's City were amazing against Pool, then lost to Soton. Pool looked cack in their last couple of games. Funny old game.

Carlo looked good though didn't he.

Harry Winks
Harray Winks
Harray Wilkins
Ray Wilkins

Yeah - the only one that’s still rattling round the box on Boxing Day evening.

I have family who are S/T holders at Utd ( have been for years) and they said Wilkins was nicknamed the Crab during his time there.

Better but still not great. It may be sacrilidge to say it but I think a lot of our attacking problems stem from Harry. He is coasting in games and seems not to get out of second gear. Long gone are the days he sprinted to close players down and chase lost causes. He is not a commanding target man and too often gets bullied by the centre halves. He is not leading the line at all well. Today there were two great opportunities to be a goal poacher - one when the goalie spilled a shot and the other when Davies whipped in a great cross - and Harry was nowhere to be seen. Others seem to take their lead from him and if he isn't running his arse off they they think (maybe subconciously ) why should they bother. I really don't feel he is doing the team many favours at the moment. Yes he is a great goalscorer but we aren't playing to his current strengths.

Personally I think he would be better in a Mourinho team feeding off a bullying type centre forward who would battle for everything, hold up play and win headers. I think Harry would be best going forward in a Teddy Sherringham type role. He has the vision and the passing range and would benefit from not playing with his back to goal. He definitely would benefit from a major presence up front with him in my opinion

Back