• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham v Dinamo Zagreb***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He has regressed massively under Mourinho. Was brick when he first came to the club, improved under Poch but has gone backwards to how he was originally.
And literally today couldn’t keep up
Players do get worse if their strength is running and they struggle to run with the players

Absolutely.
There was absolutely NO plan.
BTW, why in earth did he start Kane? We should be able to get a goal without Harry Kane starting a game. Instead, we flog him for 122 minutes. He should've been used as a sub.
His subbing tonight was as poor as I have seen from a manager. Clueless. No tactical plan. You take off a wide player who tracks back at a moment in the game where you might be thinking "10 more mins" and replace him with someone who doesn't track properly?
Sorry, this is the side he has bred in terms of their demeanor and confidence. I put Sunday down to an off-day. I put tonight on him.

A side note...this was the first time I looked at Dele and realized he is broken at this club. I think he will rise again, and the k him for trying, but he is broken and not playing well. Winks too. Jose has broken them both. It earmarks Sanchez as a tough motherfudger, and someone I would persevere with myself.

So let me try to answer this (with the caveat Jose is to blame and tonight is likely the end for him)

- Why play Kane? did you see how brick we were with Kane? to some extent Jose knows the first string is often undependable, far less B squad
- Winks was poor long before Jose, think he earned that all on his own.
- Dele is a shadow of the player he was, blame in on Jose or whoever, he simply doesn't fudging turn up, in the last two months he's made Lamela, Lucas and Lo Celso (coming off a half season injury) look like WC players in comparison. Honestly if it took you till tonight to realize how brick he's been this season you probably weren't looking too hard.

Outside of half the team not giving a fudge, let me try to put what went wrong

- He played Dele, and compounded the error by making Lucas move to accommodate him, fudging up two positions in one.
- Aurier if he has been as bad as this in training shouldn't play, and if he was in form should play Sunday. Tanganga in this game would have made more sense (and we likely would not have lost)
- He didn't make the changes early (HT) to put it back on track
- It was clear we were going to be playing back to the walls stuff in 2nd half, not sure Bale is your guy in that scenario

In the end, we were what we seem to be a lot of the time under Jose, a team that doesn't know if to attack, if to defend, if to go for it or hold on ..

Remember Real Madrid? Remember Emirates Marketing Project? Remember Ajax? Remember Dortmund? Remember 86 points in 2017? Yes mate, the manager has an effect.

Has Mourinho won a proper "big game" with us? A Prem 6 pointer? A proper cup tie against quality opposition?
United away and City at home. But that's it.

Remember Real Madrid? Remember Emirates Marketing Project? Remember Ajax? Remember Dortmund? Remember 86 points in 2017? Yes mate, the manager has an effect.

Has Mourinho won a proper "big game" with us? A Prem 6 pointer? A proper cup tie against quality opposition?

I’d say the first game against City certainly.

Must have been some (relatively) in our charge up the table last season too.

No
But have we had any under him so far?
I don’t think that’s the measure TBF
I mean reversely he has us top for a total period longer than all the previous prem managers combined.. and now look where we are. And that included beating the guys who will walk the league
But the issue isn’t the big teams it’s as much the lesser sides of they just pressure us and simply work harder. We just fold
It’s weak

Give over mate.
Twice last season he had the chance to go top 4 with a win over Chelski. He bottled them both. He had the chance THIS season against the same. Bottled it.
He had the chance to go above Liverpool. Bottled it.
And yes. As to your point we were top for several weeks...and we bottled it.

Look, as you will know if you listen to our pod, I am not in to piling onto him. There are many issues. Poch told the chairman for ages that we needed a rebuild and he was ignored and sacked when the long-time flirt hitched his knickers via the agent. I think he underestimated the rebuild. I think he is in the middle of what needs to be a project and he is not a project man. So in that sense he has my sympathy.

But remember clearly why we were told he was coming here. So by that metric, it is not unreasonable to criticize him. Look, he might win 8-9 of the last 10 and finish 4th, but I doubt it, don't you?

The truth is we have not progressed.

Give over mate.
Twice last season he had the chance to go top 4 with a win over Chelski. He bottled them both. He had the chance THIS season against the same. Bottled it.

Look, as you will know if you listen to our pod, I am not in to piling onto him. There are many issues. Poch told the chairman for ages that we needed a rebuild and he was ignored and sacked when the long-time flirt hitched his knickers via the agent. I think he underestimated the rebuild. I think he is in the middle of what needs to be a project and he is not a project man. So in that sense he has my sympathy.

But remember clearly why we were told he was coming here. So by that metric, it is not unreasonable to criticize him. Look, he might win 8-9 of the last 10 and finish 4th, but I doubt it, don't you?

Mate, can we comment that Jose has failed without the Poch brick, Poch had two mandates, the first was to get us to a certain place, 2nd was to kick on, he was extremely successful at the first bit, crashed and burned at the 2nd bit.

Jose was brought here to do something this season/now, we are out 2 of the 3 cups and pretty much adrift of top 4, he's scorecard is pretty much in.

Answers in boldface below mate

So let me try to answer this (with the caveat Jose is to blame and tonight is likely the end for him)

- Why play Kane? did you see how brick we were with Kane? to some extent Jose knows the first string is often undependable, far less B squad

That was my question. Apologies, I am not sure what your answer is here?

- Winks was poor long before Jose, think he earned that all on his own.

He has been poor, I was just observing he looks broken.

- Dele is a shadow of the player he was, blame in on Jose or whoever, he simply doesn't fudging turn up, in the last two months he's made Lamela, Lucas and Lo Celso (coming off a half season injury) look like WC players in comparison. Honestly if it took you till tonight to realize how brick he's been this season you probably weren't looking too hard.

I am not talking just about performance.I agree he has not been great. Again, I was just observing that he looks broken.

Outside of half the team not giving a fudge, let me try to put what went wrong

- He played Dele, and compounded the error by making Lucas move to accommodate him, fudging up two positions in one.

In fairness, and being someone who hoped Dele would find 10 form again, I agree with you. Lucas has been great there in recent weeks so yeas, agreed.

- Aurier if he has been as bad as this in training shouldn't play, and if he was in form should play Sunday. Tanganga in this game would have made more sense (and we likely would not have lost)

Agreed

- He didn't make the changes early (HT) to put it back on track

Agreed

- It was clear we were going to be playing back to the walls stuff in 2nd half, not sure Bale is your guy in that scenario

Agreed

In the end, we were what we seem to be a lot of the time under Jose, a team that doesn't know if to attack, if to defend, if to go for it or hold on ...

Agreed. Fear-based football. Sad.

The manager carries this.

Mate, can we comment that Jose has failed without the Poch brick, Poch had two mandates, the first was to get us to a certain place, 2nd was to kick on, he was extremely successful at the first bit, crashed and burned at the 2nd bit.

Jose was brought here to do something this season/now, we are out 2 of the 3 cups and pretty much adrift of top 4, he's scorecard is pretty much in.

I RARELY mention Pochettino anymore mate, and in this case, if you read it in context you will see it is actually something of a potential defense for Mourinho, who has ended up with a rebuild project it is my opinion he did not think he was signing up for. Again, this is NOT about comparing them. PLEASE read it properly.

Last edited:
Give over mate.

How did I end my comment?.. we have dropped league points against weak teams that’s hurt us
Beating the better sides is harder and almost a lottery at times with the fine margins
Beating the lesser sides is within your control as you should have better players. That’s been a failing this season

I had forgotten about Chelsea last season but didn’t really consider that a big game as it was for 4th place and the others you referred to were for bigger things

and no I don’t think we will get 4th place
The table won’t change much up there now

In fact, to be fair to Mourinho it is vital to look back and see the root of that he walked into. Truth be told, most of this lies on not having a DoF as we built the stadium who worked with that manager (seeing as his name triggers you :D I'm joking BTW). Mourinho is suffering because of what didn[t happen before him.

How did I end my comment?.. we have dropped league points against weak teams that’s hurt us
Beating the better sides is harder and almost a lottery at times with the fine margins
Beating the lesser sides is within your control as you should have better players. That’s been a failing this season

I had forgotten about Chelsea last season but didn’t really consider that a big game as it was for 4th place and the others you referred to were for bigger things

and no I don’t think we will get 4th place
The table won’t change much up there now

What????
Well how do you see us? in 2017 we were the second best team in the country with 86 points!!!!!

Well then we have different definitions of "big" games. For me, games where we leap-frog into top-four spots over rivals for that spot and leave them several points behind us count as big games. Even if they're just "biggish" games, or "slightly bigger than medium" games, he didn't win them.

While I definitely feel Mou’s race is run, I still think not enough attention is being paid to the context in which he was hired i.e. Covid was literally not a ‘thing’, at least in a football context.

I can absolutely see why Levy rolled the dice, thinking he could back him with all the riches the stadium would bring, but less than four months later, that plan is fudged.

Like @thfcsteff, I have a lot of sympathy for him, as for me, the situation we’re currently in is patently not all his fault - it’s a combination of many things.

The time to mourn for our club is not now, after another pathetic defeat, but it was when Poch was ushered out stage left 18 months ago. That was when our great adventure was definitively over.

While I definitely feel Mou’s race is run, I still think not enough attention is being paid to the context in which he was hired i.e. Covid was non-figuratively not a ‘thing’, at least in a football context.

I can absolutely see why Levy rolled the dice, thinking he could back him with all the riches the stadium would bring, but less than four months later, that plan is fudged.

Like @thfcsteff, I have a lot of sympathy for him, as for me, the situation we’re currently in is patently not all his fault - it’s a combination of many things.

The time to mourn for our club is not now, after another pathetic defeat, but it was when Poch was ushered out stage left 18 months ago. That was when our great adventure was definitively over.

I personally think he has failed, absolutely, and never particularly liked him, but yes, he has been thrust into some awful situations and it would be very, very unfair to simply land everything at his door. Besides, if we want to figure out why this is happening, it is clear the issues are far deeper than him!

I personally think he has failed, absolutely, and never particularly liked him, but yes, he has been thrust into some awful situations and it would be very, very unfair to simply land everything at his door. Besides, if we want to figure out why this is happening, it is clear the issues are far deeper than him!
I can’t disagree with any of that. We’re regressing and the players are clearly not playing for him. He has to go, as changing about 20 players is just not realistic.

What did Poch crash and Burn? Consistent top 4 and a Champions League Final. It’s not like we have had any of that before or since! Would fancy a bit of that crashing and burning now I tell you. If Jose has failed so spectacularly it should help you to reflect on how well actually Poch did and perhaps give him a little more respect.

What????
Well how do you see us? in 2017 we were the second best team in the country with 86 points!!!!!

Well then we have different definitions of "big" games. For me, games where we leap-frog into top-four spots over rivals for that spot and leave them several points behind us count as big games. Even if they're just "biggish" games, or "slightly bigger than medium" games, he didn't win them.
I see us as a top side pm hence why beating the lesser sides should be easier. Their the ones that get teams 2nd place (look at united record vs the BIG sides)
Big games aren’t just to nick 4th place for a few games
Big games are games like tonight’s, semis, finals, derbies. Any game that matters and we crumble in them a lot
As I say I forgot those two games and you forgot the United and city ones which you may not class as big ones but most would
It doesn’t really change much other than we still have a team that can’t pull in any direction forward
There is clearly an issue behind the scenes as alluded too by Hugo
And the players need to, but won’t react on Sunday
Too little, too late from a broken team (and Jose is part of that team)

Honestly i can't see why - well actually i can having seen clips from the Amazon doc and read about his long time infatuation with him, Levy ultimately let his heart rule his head, all the signs were pointing to Mourinho being yesterdays man when we appointed him and so it has been proven.

Back