• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Crystal Palace ***

Should be last game for harry, let you work out which one.

Both were awful today. I get the impression Winks thinks he's hard done by. Every time he gets a chance in the league, he's jokeshop bad.

Kane was diabolical today much like the Watford game. The obvious narrative here is he doesn't care anymore. I hope that's not true. I'd give him time because he's often had these spells for us.

Eh. I'm not too concerned.

I mean, the guy isn't Poch - nowhere near. Poch went down to ten men in his first game against Spam, and we won 1-0 regardless. Not like this.

But I knew that from the start, given that he was the cheap option.

We were up against it today - six starter-level players out, and then a seventh off with injury early, leading to an extremely makeshift backline. We had no one to replace Skipp but Winks, since Tubby has predictably not kept his fitness up enough to be selected.

And of course, once Tanganga went off, the game was up - Davies and Rodon in defense is just asking to leak goals, and so it proved.

We'll have more bad days under the guy, but he can't deal with this level of disruption. To be fair, few managers can.

And today isn't the day to turn on Nuno because we got hammered by a frankly paid-off Jon Moss and Palace. Was it unfortunate? Yes. And it puts us up against it for Chelsea and Arsenal later. But the international break had to have losers, and we were the loser here.

Chin up, dust off, go again next week.

Goal difference back to zero then.

We started with a makeshift CB pairing, one of whom lasted about 15 minutes while the other got himself sent off stupidly. I don't care if the ref's been inconsistent - you're on a yellow, you do not dive in. Then one of the replacements gives away a soft and eminently avoidable penalty.

fudging annoying, but it's not the end of the world.

Hopefully someone reminds Nuno of the club motto sometime soon. Sadly, we simply don't have anyone able to control the game from CM.

Scoreline won’t bother me tomorrow. What will bother me is Nuno’s team selection and lack of in game action.

I mean, the guy isn't Poch - nowhere near. Poch went down to ten men in his first game against Spam, and we won 1-0 regardless. Not like this.

We were up against it today - six starter-level players out, and then a seventh off with injury early, leading to an extremely makeshift backline. We had no one to replace Skipp but Winks, since Tubby has predictably not kept his fitness up enough to be selected.

And of course, once Tanganga went off, the game was up - Davies and Rodon in defense is just asking to leak goals, and so it proved.

We'll have more bad days under the guy, but he can't deal with this level of disruption. To be fair, few managers can.

And today isn't the day to turn on Nuno because we got hammered by a frankly paid-off Jon Moss and Palace. Was it unfortunate? Yes. And it puts us up against it for Chelsea and Arsenal later. But the international break had to have losers, and we were the loser here.

Managers are paid to react to bad breaks, you know, like manage!?

I've had doubts over him from the first three games. We've been lucky. And the result today isn't really the issue. As you say, there are a lot of factors that went against us. But the line up, the manner of the performance and his non existent in game management are all reasons to be very, very concerned.

Indeed. I don't like Danny Ings as I see him as injury prone but we really need to stop our only having 2 strikers. We used to have at least 3 good strikers - Berbatov, Keane, Defoe, Mido at one point. Now we have only Kane and Son (who is a winger imho).
And we also need to play players who get the ball to the striker. That line up never would have.

How to ruin the weekend?

Put Spurs to play 1230pm first game after international break, that'll do it.

Chelsea game being sold straight away.
Give the manager the manager of the month award.
And pretty sexy to lose players the way we did, lose a cb, get a red card before 5 choice cb gives away a pen.
I just wish this game had happened before the window closed, as it just highlights the tightrope we walk having Son as the only viable alternative to Kane. Saying that with ten men I’d have happily subbed Kane off and let Son go up top, the former just ambling about the pitch when we aren’t creating anything for him is a worry.

He was limited today, we’ve seen nothing from Ndombele or Gil to suggest they would have done any better.

We’d been forced into two subs within an hour too.

Totally on the manager today. Starting with Winks Skipp and Hjoberg and not doing anything when the whole world can see its not working is criminal. The truth is all four league games and one europa conference game we have looked very average. Results have flattered us. At least I`ve got the rest of the weekend to get over it. Not looking forward to Chelsea next week

Yes there were mitigating factors, but Nuno' team selection, tactics against Palace and in game management were all diabolical.

I feel we all could have done that job better today, even Scara !!!

He was limited today, we’ve seen nothing from Ndombele or Gil to suggest they would have done any better.

We’d been forced into two subs within an hour too.

You could argue if Nuno manages the game better, based on a terrible first half, we don't have to make the second sub and we still have 11 men. That's a very tough judgement but he's at a club now that expects much better than we saw today.

Lo Celso and Romero let us down. All the Brazilian players didn’t travel and so are available for their club. I guess we know where priorities lay with our players and after today’s showing, can’t blame them.

I've had doubts over him from the first three games. We've been lucky. And the result today isn't really the issue. As you say, there are a lot of factors that went against us. But the line up, the manner of the performance and his non existent in game management are all reasons to be very, very concerned.

True, but not surprising to me. Wolves fans could have told you exactly how he was going to manage us before he took his first training session - sit deep, hit on the break, but with a bit more fitness and control than the abominable Mourinho had.

They also could have told you he's very, very reluctant to use subs or a larger squad, preferring a small squad playing exactly to his style.

This is NES - he doesn't change. We'll have more bad days under him, but also good days like City. And less whining than Mourinho - he'll take it with grace and humility, which I respect.

Will it be enough to get us to the top four? Probably not. But then, we weren't aiming for that anyway - if we were, frankly, we wouldn't have ended up with Nuno in the first place.

So, not that fussed mate. Bad day at the office, write it off and go again.

Back