• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Wolves ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree, I don’t think a draw is a disaster but a defeat would be very hard to take and could see the feeling around the squad, club and amongst the fans become very negative. A draw might even do that particularly if the performance is similar to recent weeks. No win in 4. From the top of the table to out of touch in less than 2 weeks.

We badly need a win today to get some momentum and to stop a narrative from building.
Absolutely mate, but have you not noticed how many of the top clubs have had these negative narratives this season with a poor run of games and then come out of it a few weeks later? That’s because other than Liverpool there are no great teams, and no matter how great some would like to maintain we are in reality we are no better than top 4 challengers - but there a good few others in that boat too, which means we will continue to yo-yo along with the likes of Everton,Leicester,Man U, Man C etc All these teams have had poor runs, followed by a good run that’s catapulted them back up there, and we are no better that shouldn’t expect the same to happen for us. We are having a bad run, but at some point whether it be today or at some other point will go on a run that brings us back into positions 2-4, that I’m positive of.....

Absolutely mate, but have you not noticed how many of the top clubs have had these negative narratives this season with a poor run of games and then come out of it a few weeks later? That’s because other than Liverpool there are no great teams, and no matter how great some would like to maintain we are in reality we are no better than top 4 challengers - but there a good few others in that boat too, which means we will continue to yo-yo along with the likes of Everton,Leicester,Man U, Man C etc All these teams have had poor runs, followed by a good run that’s catapulted them back up there, and we are no better that shouldn’t expect the same to happen for us. We are having a bad run, but at some point whether it be today or at some other point will go on a run that brings us back into positions 2-4, that I’m positive of.....

Would agree with you on this, the amount of criticism that has been heaped on the team/Jose after the last few games is way over the top by some. But as you say no team have really been consistent so far and the is a long way to go and there will be ups and downs during the rest of the season for sure.

Result will depend on how aggressively we attack and maintaining the aggressiveness through the game.

Then we are f**ked!

Only joking, would be nice to see a bit more attacking for once, but like Jose, I'd settle for any win.

Would agree with you on this, the amount of criticism that has been heaped on the team/Jose after the last few games is way over the top by some. But as you say no team have really been consistent so far and the is a long way to go and there will be ups and downs during the rest of the season for sure.

Especially when you consider that we played quite well in the second half against Liverpool and did more than enough to come away with at least a point. Our run of bad form extends to one game.

Especially when you consider that we played quite well in the second half against Liverpool and did more than enough to come away with at least a point. Our run of bad form extends to one game.

Yep, i think our good start to the season and getting into top position has got s ome fans carried away ( i can understand why) but in all honesty it was never going to last very long and since then the criticism has began ( mostly because of that). I know i keep saying it but we ARE a work in progress and i still think we have got work to do ( or Jose has) but i really think we can make a top four finish and i do think we have a very good chance of actually winning a trophy this season.

Yep, i think our good start to the season and getting into top position has got s ome fans carried away ( i can understand why) but in all honesty it was never going to last very long and since then the criticism has began ( mostly because of that). I know i keep saying it but we ARE a work in progress and i still think we have got work to do ( or Jose has) but i really think we can make a top four finish and i do think we have a very good chance of actually winning a trophy this season.

I think that over the season, our results have been a little better than our performances. Results are pretty uneven across the league and as a result, the league is very tight. Whichever teams put together a run of form now will end up finishing top four.

With this squad and this manager, I’d argue that’s one game too many.

We should win the title imo, we are stronger than any other club from top to bottom of the organisation.

That’s a good post and a good point as is @AdamB’s. However, I think with Mourinho a narrative builds faster one way or the other than it does with other managers and he sometimes feeds that. Could you imagine the press coverage if he had us where Arteta had Woolwich? We continue to struggle and he’ll feed the press soundbites and the narrative will ramp up.

With this squad and this manager, I’d argue that’s one game too many.

We should win the title imo, we are stronger than any other club from top to bottom of the organisation.

I think should is too strong a word to use. Liverpool and City have been there and done it and we haven’t. But I do believe we have everything in place to mount a strong challenge.

We should be looking to be better than the chasing pack not using their patchy form to excuse ours - I'd say the concern is more performance related than position related anyway and every time we drop points and underperform in games where we are forced to play on the front foot then it highlights a lack of progression that will almost certainly have a negative bearing on what we achieve in the league this season.

I think that over the season, our results have been a little better than our performances. Results are pretty uneven across the league and as a result, the league is very tight. Whichever teams put together a run of form now will end up finishing top four.

That is a fair comment, apart from Liverpool i really do not see any team who stand out as yet.

We should be looking to be better than the chasing pack not using their patchy form to excuse ours - I'd say the concern is more performance related than position related anyway and every time we drop points and underperform in games where we are forced to play on the front foot then it highlights a lack of progression that will almost certainly have a negative bearing on what we achieve in the league this season.

Mourinho urgently needs to come up with a plan for teams that sit deep. We've been found out a little and every team in the bottom half will play compact against us until we find a way to beat it.

That’s a good post and a good point as is @AdamB’s. However, I think with Mourinho a narrative builds faster one way or the other than it does with other managers and he sometimes feeds that. Could you imagine the press coverage if he had us where Arteta had Woolwich? We continue to struggle and he’ll feed the press soundbites and the narrative will ramp up.

I think should is too strong a word to use. Liverpool and City have been there and done it and we haven’t. But I do believe we have everything in place to mount a strong challenge.

They are both managed by simpletons who couldn't setup a defence to save their life.

Surely, this is a must-win match for us. After being winless in 3 league matches, we have dropped from 1st to 8th in the league table. We badly need to go on a winning run if we want to get back into the top 4 race. We have a mixed record against Wolves, winning 2 and losing 2 of our last 4 matches against them. But both the wins came away at Wolves. Since we are playing away in this game, we need to make use of our good record there to get that much needed win. After his positive impact against Stoke, want to see Lamela start this match. We badly missed him against Liverpool and Leicester. Hope he can inspire us in this match. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Wolves and move up the league table.

Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our players fully fit for this match. We really need all the players during this busy period. With Lamela returning from injury, hope he can help us get back our winning form. Our matches against Wolves have always been tough. Can see this being another tough match. We need to make use of our goal scoring chances if we want to win this match. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get the much needed win to move up the league table.

Back