• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Wolves ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
———————————-Lloris
Aurier——-Aldrwereld———Dier———-Regulion
————-—Sissoko——————-Hojbjeg
—-Bergwijn———-Ndombele———-Son
———————————-Kane

Backs to the wall, defensive performance where we have less than 10 attacks in the whole game but hope to nick one from Kane or Son on one of our rare counterattacks.

But that Trayoreh dude ain't nippin' in round the back on that formation. Coupla spicy tackles early on to let 'em know we're 'ere and takin' no schit. Then, Kane and Sonny get in tune, go all Sinatra and Hynde:

And, boom, done. Stick 'em with a fork, they're done like dinner.

Football. Bloody 'ell. Are there any hard jobs?

Not a fan of these games being played on the 27th - Christmas means Boxing Day matches.

Interesting game this, Wolves have been abject this season and we should really be looking at a comfortable win here, they have little to no attacking threat atm - so looking forward to seeing how our game plan is developing against the lesser teams and hopefully some improvement in how we play on the front foot. Also what happens with Lo Celso & Ndombele rumoured to not be available.
Seems to me they've been inconsistent more than abject. They're 5 points behind us in eleventh. They've recently lost to Liverpool, Villa and Burnley, but also beaten Chelsea.

We need to get back to winning ways, but I don't expect this to be an easy game.
We should not be sitting back against a team who find it hard to create chances and give them 80 minutes to practice hoping that we can hit them on the break. Its about time we start taking the game to these teams that are struggling.
Would really like to see us successfully do that. For them to sit back and counter attack will suit them just fine though so we must be careful

We need to get back to winning ways, but I don't expect this to be an easy game. Would really like to see us successfully do that. For them to sit back and counter attack will suit them just fine though so we must be careful

Agree. I dont like the thought of Podence and Traore running at our defence

This will be a difficult game under normal circumstances but if we're missing GLC and Ndombele, it'll be even tougher. We really could do with a win though

I've watched Wolves quite a few times this season. They had recently changed system to a 4-3-3. Although against Burnley they reverted to a back 5 for some reason.

Podence and Neto have been outstanding going forward. Their record signing, 18 year old Fabio Silva is still finding his feet but looks very promising. Traore off the bench is an ever present danger.

Defensively they're shakey, Semedo has looked rubbish at Rb and Ait Nouri on the other flank has the same problem. Boly is a rock but Coady hasn't been quite right.

I think we need to be aggressive and try and force them into mistakes. They haven't been as reliant on the counter using the new system in the last few matches, so I don't think we can just invite them onto us for 90 minutes. Too dangerous.

Will be interesting to see how Jose plays it. Højbjerg, Ndombele and Sissoko will need to be stronger than Dendoncker, Neves and Moutinho.

Although Dendoncker has been injured which could be good for us as they're been relying on young Otasowie, who was involved in their recent loss to Burnley.

I'm predicting a difficult draw as the result, unfortunately.

lose today and it turns what started as a promising season into an absolute disaster

actually, I'll up it, even a draw would do that
I think people shouldn’t be so fixated on league positions right now, it is such a cluster in the top half the main thing is to be in and around those top positions come March time.
For example if we was to draw today, we would be three points off second(and Everton have some tough fixtures coming up)which I don’t consider a disaster at all:D....

I think people shouldn’t be so fixated on league positions right now, it is such a cluster in the top half the main thing is to be in and around those top positions come March time.
For example if we was to draw today, we would be three points off second(and Everton have some tough fixtures coming up)which I don’t consider a disaster at all:D....

I agree, I don’t think a draw is a disaster but a defeat would be very hard to take and could see the feeling around the squad, club and amongst the fans become very negative. A draw might even do that particularly if the performance is similar to recent weeks. No win in 4. From the top of the table to out of touch in less than 2 weeks.

We badly need a win today to get some momentum and to stop a narrative from building.

I agree, I don’t think a draw is a disaster but a defeat would be very hard to take and could see the feeling around the squad, club and amongst the fans become very negative. A draw might even do that particularly if the performance is similar to recent weeks. No win in 4. From the top of the table to out of touch in less than 2 weeks.

We badly need a win today to get some momentum and to stop a narrative from building.

All teams will have a sticky patch - if this is our only one and we can take almost max points from the 4 games after this, we'll be ok

Back