• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United

Can I just say that, as long as we don't lose to these horrible сunts again, I couldn't care less if a little, pink рuѕѕуcat leads us into the game, having earlier taken Barrow-in-Furness in a gain from the Liberals ...?

And allow me also to prevent anyone else from saying, "No, I'm sorry; there isn't time."

Hopefully we can take the lead early in the game (for once!) and the Wet Spam faithful will spend the rest of the game abusing BFS...

@SkySportsNews: Sam Allardyce says he's hurting after banners calling for him to be sacked - but he wants to stay West Ham #SSN

BmjR3HICYAAUTQj.jpg:large

With the banner folding over, it actually looks like a swastika

TEAM NEWS

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has a near fully-fit squad to choose from to face Tottenham.

Long-term injury victim Marco Borriello is the only absentee.

Tottenham winger Andros Townsend will miss Saturday's trip to West Ham, and this summer's World Cup with an ankle injury.

There are similar concerns about Kyle Walker due to his pelvic injury.

MATCH PREVIEW

This is a meeting of two managers with uncertain futures.

As with most things in sport, and life, there are two ways of looking at the situation surrounding Tim Sherwood and Sam Allardyce.

In some ways Allardyce could be celebrated for bringing West Ham to within a point of a third-consecutive season in the top flight. To his critics - who have been particularly vocal of late, even in victory - the end doesn't justify the means in terms of the style of play Big Sam favours.

As a result the back end of this season on the field is being overshadowed by talk of his future beyond this summer.

That chit-chat is something Sherwood knows all too well, and has made his feelings known on this week after yet more speculation about his future. Like Allardyce, Sherwood would be well within his rights to point to his record since taking over at the club, which stands at 12 wins from 20 league matches.

On the field, West Ham have been struggling of late. Their defence, which was so reliable, is letting them down and they have struggled to score goals.

I saw them in the defeat against Crystal Palace two weeks ago and the method was very much to play everything through Andy Carroll. That may not be the worst plan given his recent record against Spurs, but on current form this has the look of an away victory.

I was also at the corresponding match last season when Gareth Bale scored twice to earn Spurs a 3-2 win and it is one of the game's imponderables as to how they would have fared this season with him in their squad.

What we can be certain of is the importance of this game to both managers. Their futures might be up in the air but there would surely be no better way to catch the eye of the club's owners than by ending the season on a high.

That fact, plus the usual spice of a London derby, means there's little chance of an end-of-season feel to this game.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Tottenham have lost just one of the last six meetings at Upton Park (W4, L1, D1), including a 3-2 win last season which featured a last-minute winner from Gareth Bale.
West Ham have beaten Tottenham at White Hart Lane twice this season. A first league victory, 3-0, on Spurs soil since 1999 in October and a 2-1 League Cup quarter-final win in December.

West Ham United

West Ham have not kept a clean sheet in their last 10 league matches and have lost seven of their last nine league games (W2).
The Hammers had just three shots on target against West Brom last time out.
Only Norwich (4) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine (3) have earned fewer points than West Ham (6) from their last eight matches.
West Ham have lost the most points from winning positions this season (20); Tottenham the fewest (6).
Only Hull and Fulham have a worse record against top-half opposition this season than the Hammers (W2, D3, L13).
Andy Carroll has scored in both previous meetings with Tottenham as a West Ham player. However, he has not scored a league goal at Upton Park since March 2013.

Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham are two wins shy of equalling their best-ever Premier League points tally of 72 (set last season).
Spurs ended a run of seven games without a clean sheet by beating Stoke 1-0 last time out.
That win was also a first in five attempts away from White Hart Lane (L3, D1).
Only Liverpool (34) have earned more points than Tottenham (33) on their travels this season.
Spurs have scored 12 goals in their last four league games, West Ham have managed two.
Roberto Soldado has not scored a Premier League away goal since 20 October.

A lot of them say they would rather be relegated playing well than stay up playing Samball.

Slim chance it could still happen if the results go against them. No points from their next two could have them a bit nervous at least.

A lot of them say they would rather be relegated playing well than stay up playing Samball.

Perfectly reasonable to me.

The Premier League is a big draw, but year after year of being mid table whilst watching dull football played by rugby players really doesn't sound appealing. I would probably rather have the emotional ride of relegation and promotion with some good football sown in with the hope that one day perhaps this good football could see the club push on a level or two.

There seems to be a glass ceiling to Samball too, and with the success seen at clubs like Swansea who actually play fooball the frustration of West Ham fans is very understandable to me at least.

The problem for them is that there isn't a very good record for teams who sack Sam. The risk is that they get rid and then add their name to the list containing Bolton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Blackburn. They seem to be in a precarious situation at the moment because of poor results in the last month. Maybe the team thought they had done enough and went on holiday at the end of March.

Tim: "It’s a great game to play in, a big London derby. We know they have a threat and we will treat them with respect. Andy Carroll is one of the best target men in England and defenders know they are in for a game when they play against him. West Ham will look to get wide and deliver crosses and we have to nullify that threat, break quickly and dominate possession. Jan and Etienne have trained this week and will continue to be assessed, but this game might come too soon for them. There is no progress with Mousa, he’s still struggling with his ankle. Kyle Walker and Erik Lamela also remain out."

We'll have to wait for the tabloids to get the juicier responses I guess.

Tim: "It’s a great game to play in, a big London derby. We know they have a threat and we will treat them with respect. Andy Carroll is one of the best target men in England and defenders know they are in for a game when they play against him. West Ham will look to get wide and deliver crosses and we have to nullify that threat, break quickly and dominate possession. Jan and Etienne have trained this week and will continue to be assessed, but this game might come too soon for them. There is no progress with Mousa, he’s still struggling with his ankle. Kyle Walker and Erik Lamela also remain out."

We'll have to wait for the tabloids to get the juicier responses I guess.

Nah, it's easy;

Sherwood fears Carroll threat as spurs suffer injury crisis and record signing is still on his way out.

The pink big logic means that our team for Wham will contain Ade, Kane, Fryers, Pritchard, Bentaleb, Vertonghen, Dawson and Naughton. Ill fill in the gaps with Eriksen, Lloris and Paulinho.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/xtra-training-gallery-april-29-290414/

Picture 7 has a player with a number 5 on his shorts in a pink bib means it could be either Vertonghen (5), Capoue (15) or Fryers (35). I'm guessing Vertonghen.

----------------------Lloris----------------------
Naughton----Dawson-------Vertonghen----Fryers
---------------Bentaleb---Paulinho---------------
Pritchard----------------------------------Eriksen
-----------------Ade-------Kane-----------------

Last edited:
Have a feeling, this is going to be a boring match. With nothing to play for both teams, not sure if both teams will even bother turning up. After losing our last 2 matches against them, hope we will win to get some revenge. Only looking forward to see Eriksen again. He has been one of our few positive thing this season. Hope he will create and score a few more goals. Bale scored a memorable goal to beat West Ham last season. Hope Eriksen will do something similiar.

Well here we are then - can Spurs chalk-up 11 away wins for the first time in the Premier League Era?

I think we can.

The pink big logic means that our team for Wham will contain Ade, Kane, Fryers, Pritchard, Bentaleb, Vertonghen, Dawson and Naughton. Ill fill in the gaps with Eriksen, Lloris and Paulinho.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/xtra-training-gallery-april-29-290414/

Picture 7 has a player with a number 5 on his shorts in a pink bib means it could be either Vertonghen (5), Capoue (15) or Fryers (35). I'm guessing Vertonghen.

----------------------Lloris----------------------
Naughton----Dawson-------Vertonghen----Fryers
---------------Bentaleb---Paulinho---------------
Pritchard----------------------------------Eriksen
-----------------Ade-------Kane-----------------

Someone should tell Tim he's not managing the kids anymore. At least it would mean no Lennon I guess, plus we'd have an actual CM playing.

I assume you've said the same to Jordinho regarding Townsend? Or Scara regarding "Timmeh"?

Yes. Yes I have.

Seriously though mate, we get it. You don't like Lennon. I don't think there is a poster here who doesn't know that

Back