• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs SCBC ****

Did we? We've been flip flopping for years. Jol to ramos to redknapp to avb to sherwood to poch to mourinho to nuno to conte.

Jol, redknapp and poch were favoured by the fans (even if conte achieved more than jol, ramos aswell). Why is that? Personality? Style of play? Figure that out. Then find the best manager that matches those qualities. That should be the vision. Then support them with players good enough to win things.

I’m thinking much longer term, even in the glory years of the 1960’s we massively underachieved with the team we had.

I’m thinking much longer term, even in the glory years of the 1960’s we massively underachieved with the team we had.

Then went for terry neil. Flip flopping.

What i'm trying to say is we need a vision going forward. Decide who we want to be. What style of play. What type of manager. Then get a dof who can implement that. And stick with it.

Then went for terry neil. Flip flopping.

What i'm trying to say is we need a vision going forward. Decide who we want to be. What style of play. What type of manager. Then get a dof who can implement that. And stick with it.

What I’m saying, is maybe Levy already has.

It’s his decision to make.

Cause attacking football didn't work for liverpool, wenger, fergie?

This is an entertainment industry. If the team doesn't entertain the fans. It's dead.

liverpool was built on long ball until they got a goal then they passed it around at the back for the rest of the game, so grobbelar could pick it up and time waste, they literally changed the rules of the sport because of them

that other clubs had some success with it doesn't change that we failed spectacularly at it, its only logical to try other approaches

liverpool was built on long ball until they got a goal then they passed it around at the back for the rest of the game, so grobbelar could pick it up and time waste, they literally changed the rules of the sport because of them

that other clubs had some success with it doesn't change that we failed spectacularly at it, its only logical to try other approaches

We've tried. People don't like it.

We are never going to be the dominant team in the league with nations owning clubs. At least be a good watch and hopefully pick up a trophy or 2 on the way.

We've tried. People don't like it.

We are never going to be the dominant team in the league with nations owning clubs. At least be a good watch and hopefully pick up a trophy or 2 on the way.

I wouldn’t agree with that approach.

We have to try to be the dominant team, whatever it takes imo, I don’t care what it looks like, the end would justify the means.

It’s an equation to be solved.

Must admit, when I first heard the comments I thought he was just angling to get the sack. But having watched him on video he is just simply genuinely fuming at the bottle job nature of the players and of the way the club operates.

And yes you can call him out about his tactics etc as much as you want, but he is bang on - and he is bang on when he says you can change manager again but it will still be the same (except a more attractive brand of football). But regardless, he will most likely be gone very soon…..
Agree. You need to SEE the interview, not just read part quotes in the papers.
And it's not even like we needed to hold on for the entire match. Just the last 15 mins.

That being said, that was one of the most borderline penalty decisions I have ever seen. If the ref hadn't blown for a pen, VAR would have never called it.
VAR is correct in not categorically reversing the decision, as there is the slightest of contacts, so not a entirely wrong decision.
What I don't get is why they don't tell the ref to go have a look at the screen and decide if he really want to award a penalty for that!
If that is the line they are supposed to follow, there'd be 136 penalties in every game!

I wouldn’t agree with that approach.

We have to try to be the dominant team, whatever it takes imo, I don’t care what it looks like, the end would justify the means.

It’s an equation to be solved.

Well the closest we've been in recent years is under poch and redknapp. Certainly not mourinho.

Well the closest we've been in recent years is under poch and redknapp. Certainly not mourinho.

Yes, but we were still missing something, something both Jose and Conte have done with other teams before, getting over the line and winning a league title.

Poch has done it now too to be fair.

Yes, but we were still missing something, something both Jose and Conte have done with other teams before, getting over the line and winning a league title.

Poch has done it now too to be fair.

Other teams that had the biggest budget in their respective leagues. And the best players. Yet it still went south quite quickly.

Maitland-Niles was not even in his peripheral vision. He thought he had more time than he did. Can't blame the kid.
Yes you can. He waited about 3 seconds to attack the ball; you don't get 1 second in the Prem. He should have just headed it 10 yards and chased it, not wait like that. Amateurish. He'll learn hopefully.

Cause attacking football didn't work for liverpool, wenger, fergie?

This is an entertainment industry. If the team doesn't entertain the fans. It's dead.
If the team doesn't win, it's dead. Entertainment is a distant second. As I said in another post, give the fans 30 1-0 wins and 8 0-0 draws with a title as a result and they wouldn't care. Consistently win trophies playing agricultural football and no fan is going to say "I wish we played better football instead of winning trophies." This is a results business and that's what the fans want too. If you play great football along the way, that's just a bonus.

Yes you can. He waited about 3 seconds to attack the ball; you don't get 1 second in the Prem. He should have just headed it 10 yards and chased it, not wait like that. Amateurish. He'll learn hopefully.
Because he has played so many league games that he should be used to the pace by now, eh? I think you are being too harsh on him.

Back