• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. READING - OMT***

The Guardian are running with a big story today about this being Arsenals best start to the season since 1920s when it comes to their defence. No goals conceded in three games. Overlooks the problem they have up front though. So very much a case of glass half full rather than half empty.

Spoke to soon mate.

As for Reading tomorrow I feel this is a banana skin game. Not lookin forward to it but we really do need the win, not just for the points but to get the media off our backs a bit. There really is an AVB agenda throughout the whole media thats just gettin on my tits now and makes me want him to succeed even more.
I hope he plays Dempsey behind Ade and he's gotta start Dembele too.

If we play well but can't score, we'll need a slice of luck. We may not have a magical playmaker, but we still have a strong team going forward - it's just at the back, with the quality we have, that I want to see the players click and shut out the opposition.

i don't think Dempsey is gonna be ready for a starting spot for a while, had a poor pre season at Fulham after trying to force a move and will probably need a bit time to catch up with things

Friedel
Walker Gallas Vertongen Ekotto
Sandro
Dembele Sigurdsson
Dempsey Bale
Adebayor

I hope this is the team too, I just worry that Livermore will start instead of Sandro.

If Lennon starts ahead of Dempsey, which I think might happen, that's not such a big deal.

I hope this is the team too, I just worry that Livermore will start instead of Sandro.

If Lennon starts ahead of Dempsey, which I think might happen, that's not such a big deal.

I would have Dempsey over Sigurdsson not Lennon... Play him behind Ade with Dembele and Sandro as your mid. Kind of a 4-4-1-1 formation. Also bout time we gave Caulker a shot aint it? Or is he gonna be cautious and save him for Lazio?

[video=youtube;K6Di8QT98Zk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Di8QT98Zk[/video]

Chill, homies. Deuce got this.

I would have Dempsey over Sigurdsson not Lennon... Play him behind Ade with Dembele and Sandro as your mid. Kind of a 4-4-1-1 formation. Also bout time we gave Caulker a shot aint it? Or is he gonna be cautious and save him for Lazio?

No I think we need to play 4-3-3 and Sigurdsson can do that. Most people don't understand that he can be a great creative influence in the attacking midfield role. Plus he adds greater threat for set pieces, he's really the only person who can take them well and he's also 6'1 which would make him a good threat in the box if someone else takes them. Last year only Bale and Ade, out of our front 6, were taller than 6 feet. In the team Hotspurs posted, EVERY player in the front 6 is over 6 feet, plus Vertonghen and Gallas. That's something that can make us far more dangerous on set pieces.

Yes I think Caulker deserves a shot as well. I hope we play him, Lloris, and Vertonghen against Lazio. Personally I would just put him in the team ahead of Gallas but it seems like a lot of people including AVB think that we need an experienced leader in the team which has to be Gallas at the moment.

Sleepy time. By the time I'm able to get out of bed I expect us to be comfortably in the lead and in control of things. (Not entirely serious).

I'm going to be missing today's game live on TV as it's exactly the time we will all be sitting down for our New Year meal.

I wish everyone on here a very happy, healthy and peaceful New Year 5773.

COYS!

BUSINESS AS USUAL AS FRIENDS PREPARE FOR BATTLE

A0518.jpg

Friends, Welsh colleagues and former Spurs team-mates Gareth Bale and Chris Gunter are set to come face-to-face for the first time in the Premier League at Reading on Sunday.

The pair have known each other for years but Gareth insists that friendship will go out of the window for 90 minutes at the Madejski Stadium.

Full-back Chris was with us from January, 2008 until a move to Forest in July, 2009.

After three years at Forest, he's back in the Premier League following a summer switch to the Royals.

The pair were on international duty with Wales last week and will soon be re-acquainted.

"I’ve known Chris for a long time, since playing Under-17s with Wales, perhaps even younger than that," said Gareth.

"Obviously, he was at Spurs as well and we’re close mates.

"It’s like any other game. Of course, he’s my friend, but you go out there and you want to do the best for your team.

"I’m sure he will think exactly the same thing. As soon as you cross the white line you are opponents. I’ll be trying my best to beat him, he’ll try to stop me and we’ll both go for it."

Gareth expects a tough afternoon at the Madejski but, like his team-mates, is determined to secure maximum points.

"Reading have come off a good run at the end of last season, got promoted and I’m sure confidence is still high," he added. "It will be a tough game at their place but it’s a game we’re looking to win to kick-start our season."

--------------Friedel--------------

Walker----Vert----Daws----BAE

-------Dembele----Sandro------

Lennon-------Demps------Bale

-----------------Ade--------------

Must be like this, Sigurdsson hasn't done enough IMO to play a fourth game in a row, Defoe cannot start upfront on his own, Gallas has to be on the bench as well.

--------------Friedel--------------

Walker----Vert----Daws----BAE

-------Dembele----Sandro------

Lennon-------Demps------Bale

-----------------Ade--------------

Must be like this, Sigurdsson hasn't done enough IMO to play a fourth game in a row, Defoe cannot start upfront on his own, Gallas has to be on the bench as well.

Good choice. That is the team I'd like to see too.

Back