• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Palace (the TL;DR version)

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You’re rarely going to spank a well organised, cohesive side like Palace who know how to defend well, so we played about as well as I hoped we would.

Liked that Poch went a bit Sherwood on us. I think given it’s now the mini league, and we just need to get over the finish line with this group of players, giving them something else - a new formation - to focus on so they don’t feel too comfortable was a smart move. We’ve been making a lot of silly mistakes in a system that we unconsciously probably think bails us out, so putting a little bit of uncertainty out there to focus the minds is just the right amount of shaking things up.

And generally I thought we were good. I’d say Sissoko for MOM, but everyone was solid. There was probably a bit of nervousness around getting either THE (Rose) or their (Kane) first goal at the new stadium that they missed chances they really should have done better with. But bless them, they were excited. A fair result, a great night, and hopefully a good feeling recovered to get us to the end of the season.

The commentator on TV here in Oz said the ground was at full capacity as there were tickets not sold due to a couple of areas not having full safety clearance. They could have sold another 20,000 if available but were restricted until all safety certificates are issued.

Can't really complain about that

I'm listening to 'hometown glory' by Adele on my way home. What a voice. What a song. Would've been epic if she performed it.

Anyway, so proud of the boys. Did the job. Get in! :D

Spectacular stadium. Performance was patchy, if I'm being diplomatic; like watching headless chickens breakdancing if I'm not, and that contributed to a steady sapping of the atmosphere up until the first goal. Thank Christ, though, 3 points and a clean sheet from game 1. First goal, first yellow and first concussion all went to Spurs players, and you can't say fairer than that.

Back