• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Norwich

We talking the Spurs and Norwich LEGEND, the Ginger Pele, Gary Doherty?

We have traditions here and the OMT Gods will decide what is appropriate, I just hope that you haven't angered them by hogging early season OMTs.

deliasmith_may2004_230x250_203x250.jpg

We have traditions here and the OMT Gods will decide what is appropriate, I just hope that you haven't angered them by hogging early season OMTs.

deliasmith_may2004_230x250_203x250.jpg

I'm taking an OMT sabbatical after this game anyway, until my team needs me. I have my next game in mind. Do your worst. Watch us win.

You've really set yourself, and us, up for a fall. I think you should be banned if we fail to win this one.

A couple of seasons back, we drew 2-2 away to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I had created the OMT and have myself a self imposed ban from the site for a week.

I don't see why anyone else should be different. You step up to the mark, take your chances and those of our side, and then live to face the consequences.

You've really set yourself, and us, up for a fall. I think you should be banned if we fail to win this one.

A couple of seasons back, we drew 2-2 away to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I had created the OMT and have myself a self imposed ban from the site for a week.

I don't see why anyone else should be different. You step up to the mark, take your chances and those of our side, and then live to face the consequences.

i agree to an extent.

I'm fine with that. Not a problem at all. I was unbeaten last season, and Norwich have been a bogey team at home for us recently (no wins dating back to 95) I will be gone for maybe even a month if we lose. Which we won't.

AVB has a history of introducing players slowly, I doubt Eriksen will start, likely bench option

Same team as Amor, except it's Kaboul or Dawson

Bench = Brad, Vlad, JD, Eriksen, Chandli, Naughton

Interesting question is what is the plan for Ade, now that we haven't sold him?

:lol:

the new Zakora?

also saw someone else call our new Danish signing Ericsson :)

though the urgency to address the lack of creativity is real. and avb let did introduce lamela in the arsenal game - what like within 48 hours of touching down? its norwich which has a new team, best game to be a bit reckless - and even so we are talking about letting loose a couple of fine talents onto the pitch.

---------HUGO---------
KW---JAN---DAWS--ROSE
----SANDRO---PAULY----
ANDROS---CE----LAMELA
--------SOLDADO---------

Great chance to get some of our new signings a game. I could see Chadli in for Lamela, but I think that Eriksen should play. Andros must play, IMO.

WE WILL WIN.

I trust AVB but his persistence to play Dembele worries me. He offers us little to nothing at the moment but he seems to be undroppable.

I trust AVB but his persistence to play Dembele worries me. He offers us little to nothing at the moment but he seems to be undroppable.

He is undroppable to AVB because he keeps possession and can draw opposing midfielders out of position and still go past them/ get a pass off. That is what AVB's brand of football is all about, I believe he calls it 'provoking' the opposition into creating space. His ability at keeping the ball also makes us very difficult to beat (wonder what the stat about losses with him in the team is now..?). Paulinho is more attacking and hence risks possession more regularly. It is not Dembele's speciality nor his job to play cutting forward balls regularly, I think with someone like Eriksen to exploit the space between the lines that Dembele opens up he would look a lot better by virtue of setting up the playmaker with the space to make a decisive pass.

I don't think he is undroppable, and our CM against Arsenal seemed rather clueless going forwards, but I think that has more to do with a poor partnership with Paulinho than with Dembele's individual performances. While I'd say Paulinho raids more naturally and likes to get in the box more, they both want to do similar things in similar areas. For me it has to be one or the other in their natural 'box-to-box' role, with a holder and a playmaker. The two as a pair behind a playmaker would also work but I still don't think is ideal unless Dembele holds his position more than he normally would.

Simpistically, Dembele is a more conservative (not always a bad thing) version of Paulinho. Against strong teams such as Arsenal, we need players who can retain possession. I agree with his inclusion there, but it just so happened that our more attacking midfielders were not ready for the game and Paulinho on his own could not offer the guile required to break down a very solid Arsenal team. If Eriksen had been at the club a few weeks he and Dembele might have worked, with Paulinho a fearsome option from the bench for Dembele's inevitable withdrawal.

Against Norwich though I would say Paulinho would be the best option, we can afford to have him raiding forward at home to them far more than away to Arsenal. We would probably still win with a midfield trio of Paulinho, Dembele and Sandro, but it would be another stale encounter where we control the game but in fairly boring fashion. Instead I'd like to see Eriksen given his debut, if only out of curiosity as I think Holtby may also be in with a shout to start after several months to settle in an some impressive (apparently) performances for the U21s. Either would be great.

So basically I agree with dropping the Mouss but don't think his recent performances are anything to worry about.

This would be my team:

------------------Soldado-------------------
-Townsend--------------------------Lamela-
-------------------Eriksen-------------------
-----------Paulinho-------Sandro------------
Rose-----Vertonghen-----Dawson-----Walker
-------------------Lloris--------------------

As much as I would like Townsend on the right, you don't buy a player for 30m euros and play him out of position (they can swap during the game). I don't think Townsend has been that good, but he has shown some real potential and should keep getting chances to impress and improve, while Chadli should get a rest after international duty for Belgium. Sandro on the right to cover Walker (although I'm not sure Rose is much better defensively...). Chiriches can wait for the Europa League, we can't take any risks in the league especially against these cvnts.

This would be my team:

-Townsend--------------------------Lamela-
-----------Paulinho-------Sandro------------

As much as I would like Townsend on the right, you don't buy a player for 30m euros and play him out of position (they can swap during the game). I don't think Townsend has been that good, but he has shown some real potential and should keep getting chances to impress and improve, while Chadli should get a rest after international duty for Belgium. Sandro on the right to cover Walker (although I'm not sure Rose is much better defensively...). Chiriches can wait for the Europa League, we can't take any risks in the league especially against these cvnts.

Good post which I've shortened for brevity.

Paulinho played most of the match versus Portugal last night too so he might be the one given a break. Actually I wouldn't mind seeing if Sandro and Dembele could reforge their partnership from the early part of last season. They were superb together and complimented each other very nicely. I think I'd stick Chadli in for Townsend also if he is fit.

-Chadli------------------------------Lamela-
-----------Dembele-------Sandro------------

A lot of new faces but what the heck.

Good post which I've shortened for brevity.

Paulinho played most of the match versus Portugal last night too so he might be the one given a break. Actually I wouldn't mind seeing if Sandro and Dembele could reforge their partnership from the early part of last season. They were superb together and complimented each other very nicely. I think I'd stick Chadli in for Townsend also if he is fit.

-Chadli------------------------------Lamela-
-----------Dembele-------Sandro------------

A lot of new faces but what the heck.

Sandro did not feature for Brazil tonight and I don't even know if he travelled. Has Dembele played for Belgium?

I do not think that Huge Lorry should be centre forward.

Back