• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester United ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've had time to reflect on this.

Phew.

Mourinho, when speaking about his Porto team, said winning at Old Trafford in the CL was the 'click' the team needed to go on to win the competition - it was something that made them believe that they could do it. Similarly, winning against United in the opening game in his tenure at Chelsea boss was also a 'click', in his words - a moment to make the players believe that they could win the title that season.

This is his Tottenham 'click'. Forget the City game - we were absolutely battered in that game, and winning 3-1 in an injury-ravaged period was more of a nice bonus than a genuine 'turn the tide' moment. Forget the moments of brilliance after the lockdown - we were chasing 6th, and it all felt a bit too late for a real kick-off.

This game, though, arrives at a perfect, perfect time for us. And this result could not have arrived at a better time. After an indifferent start to the season, we went into one of the most gruelling weeks of our recent history.

And at the conclusion of it, all we're probably thinking is that we should have won the first game as well - because every other game was won.

A win against a Chelsea, a thumping of Maccabi, and then an absolute demolition of Manchester United at Old Trafford, to erase the pain of those conceded penalties, the unfairness of their VAR antics, the narrative around Mourinho being stale and us being behind them.

In a week where we were supposed to come out stumbling to stay alive, gasping for air, Mourinho has come out with us in absolutely mind-blowing, imperious form, having scored 7 and then 6. And think about what is yet to come - Bale getting his second debut, fit after the break. Reguilon getting settled in. Ndombele hopefully getting fit enough to not blow out his arse after 30m. Lo Celso coming back.

This is his 'click' at Spurs. There are holes in the side - most prominently at CB, where we have a genuine need to shore things up. And maybe something can be done about that in the closing moments of the window.

But if ever the players needed a moment to believe in Mourinho's ability to get us over the line, this is it.

Next up, West Ham, in their own moment of elation, having blown a couple of teams away. All of this means nothing if we lose after the break. But I don't think we will - I hope we won't. If I'm right, this is the marker we were waiting for.

Well, well worth waiting for.

F*ck off, United - back into your sodding holes. :p
If I could have liked this post five times I would have.

After Chelsea and this of there were any doubts in the players about what Mourinho is doing that should have been wiped away.

If you're Alli now, do you want to do everything you can to be a big part of this?
Nice sentiment but OT and United aren't what they were
True. 6-1 away to top 4 challengers isn't all that usual anyway.

I know it's a pain that we hit 13 in 2 and have to go to an International break, but at least we can 'buzz' for 2 full weeks now until the Pikeys Cup Final

Loved the way we played today. Hojberg works perfectly as an anchor. Spaying passes, screening. The fulcrum of the team. Regulion wasn’t sensational but he makes us far more threatening. The opposition has to make plans for him. He can get forward down the left and cause havoc. Just having him there puts the opposition on the back foot. Ndombele gave us what we needed. An ability to step around the press and find a pass.

We know Son and Kane are the dogs danglies but now we have a decent team to back them up. When Mourinho came in he saw Kane, Son, Hugo and Dier as his spine and he’s now built around them. You have to credit Mourinho for Dier. Despite what people say he has showed patience and care with Dier. Played him even when not playing that well and helped him come on.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Torbjorn Svendsen? What are the chances. Torbjorn Svendsen, my old chess foe.

How are you doing old boy, can't believe it has been 27 years since we last locked horns.

Ha ha never thought I was going to see that in a million years especially after getting a penalty given against us in the first minute. And Lamela getting Martial sent off goes some way to make up for all the dodgy decisions we have had to endure at OT over the years. Mendes from the halfway line and Gomes putting the ball down thinking it was a free kick and Nani slipping it in the net are just 2 that come to mind.

COYS

The ghost " handball " penalty when we were 2-0 up. Brought them back into the game which they went on to win when they were otherwise down and out.

As the mighty Pogues said so succinctly, with reference to all the bent referees that have robbed Tottenham in Manchester:

May the fluffy bunnies cuddlings of the empire lie awake in their beds. And sweat as they count out their sins in their heads

Last edited:
I am really buzzing after this result, i have lost count of the number of times i have left Old Trafford having been beaten and this is the best result in a long time for me. The only sad part about it is that i could not be in the ground to see it.

My turn now to take the tinkle out of the part of my family who are avid Utd fans. :):p:D

100% agree. But all United fans go to ground after a bad result.

I would have loved to have been there - but I bet we will all remember where we were watching this fantastic performance and exceptional result. I thought after the penalty after 30 seconds - here we go again. Really ecstatic about how we turned it around. A truly unicorn of a display. Well done lads. You did us all proud today.

Back