• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool***

Never watch a match on live pause with sky,was 15 minutes behind on the 70 minute mark and i forgot i was on a delay,checked the rugby score on ITV,came back and it was 1-1 then he mentioned the miss penalty feeccccckkkkkkkk,by the time got my thoughts together it was 2-2 !!!.....lads played played superb deserved a point totally and honestly a cheeky three points as well.

The angle from the cam behind the lino shows clear, solid contact. It's a pen all day long.

Not so happy with Harry draggy leg for the first, they all seem to use the dark arts now. But still annoys me whoever does it.

Alli's booking for his "dive" yesterday had me puzzled as I thought it was a 'nothing' there was no appeal or gesture for a foul by Ali?
My son, who made a special trip to watch the game, and wife said I was wrong (no change there) and it was a Dive!

Last edited:
The Deli one is a funny one, he’s dived but he hasn’t appealed and he’s played on. He’s disadvantaged Spurs and made himself look a tit, then he’s got a yellow to boot.

If refs are going to book Deli for that it would be nice if it’s a standard regulation and everyone is booked for it, I don’t think they are currently.

Never watch a match on live pause with sky,was 15 minutes behind on the 70 minute mark and i forgot i was on a delay,checked the rugby score on ITV,came back and it was 1-1 then he mentioned the miss penalty feeccccckkkkkkkk,by the time got my thoughts together it was 2-2 !!!.....lads played played superb deserved a point totally and honestly a cheeky three points as well.

I feel your pain. There's a time lag on Now TV and I've been caught by goal alerts on my phone ruining a match before.

The Deli one is a funny one, he’s dived but he hasn’t appealed and he’s played on. He’s disadvantaged Spurs and made himself look a tit, then he’s got a yellow to boot.

If refs are going to book Deli for that it would be nice if it’s a standard regulation and everyone is booked for it, I don’t think they are currently.

Presumably because he was booked, the incident can't be reviewed?
If he hadn't been booked, could it now be reviewed for diving/intent to deceive, even though he didn't claim for the foul (but clearly hit the deck in anticipation of contact that wasn't forthcoming)? I am not sure on the rule.
(If the latter (which would seem harsh), then Jon Moss has probably done us a favour).

I'd like to see the Dele one again, it looked to me in real time that he went to lean on the pool player to protect the ball, the pool player moved and he fell to the ground. A misjudgement rather than a dive.

There was not the slightest chance of getting a freekick for that AND everybody knew it. Deli is definitely public enemy #1!

After we drew with Southampton, and before they played Swansea it could have been easy to see them being quite a bit further ahead of us at this point. But then they lose to Swansea, we beat United and then get a good point at Anfield whilst probably being the better team. Now we can go ahead of them before that play Southampton on Sunday and I wouldn't say that points are guaranteed for Liverpool in that one.

Kane is clearly caught, are they fudging blind in scouserville? If he doesn't get caught, he's got an open goal to put the ball into. It makes no sense to dive there.

I've said before that i hate these kinds of penalties, where the player leaves a trailing leg in a tackle where actually he could've easily hurdled it.
However, in this instance, given the time of the game, the importance of the opponents, and importantly, that Harry was clearly having a stinker and perhaps not running high on confidence from the previous 85mins, i can see why he took the drop (note "drop" not dive! haha).

Lastly, watched it with a Liverpool mate who in fairness explained this kind of incident better than i've heard any other person or pundit do thus far...

It's not Harry Kane's job or duty to get out of the way of the 'keeper. Rather, it is the 'keepers duty NOT to touch the player.
The striker has every right to go down should he feel the contact, however soft.

Alli's by contrast, he was looking for contact that never came. The defender pulled away, and rightfully so, therefore making Alli look daft.
Marius didn't pull away, created contact, therefore pen.

I think the way he tapped the ref afterwards shows he knows it was a dive.

In fairness, 99 times out of 100 Lovren would make a rash hack at the ball there and miss by a mile, giving away the pen, so you're probably primed to hit the deck.

Not so happy with Harry draggy leg for the first, they all seem to use the dark arts now. But still annoys me whoever does it.

Alli's booking for his "dive" yesterday had me puzzled as I thought it was a 'nothing' there was no appeal or gesture for a foul by Ali?
My son, who made a special trip to watch the game, and wife said I was wrong (no change there) and it was a Dive!
It's a bit of a catch 22. Having to hurdle the goalkeeper definitely slows you down, makes it less likely that you score. Even though you're impeded you'll never get the penalty as you jumped away from the contract.

Just running normally increases the chance of an injury and might lessen the chances that you get a penalty.

Leaving a leg to get clipped, when you're clearly first to the ball and the goalie is about to foul you is the kind of thing I've come to accept.

Alli's is a bit different and for me harder to accept. He's trying to create a situation where any contact looks like a foul. Even contact that wouldn't normally be a foul if he was running normally. When the ball is in his control and no attempt at a tackle is being made. No doubt about the yellow.

Loved it at the end when the Dipper's boos rang out. They were in a time warp and thought they were watching a game from 1982, you know when refs were too scared to give visiting teams a throw in, let alone a penalty. Also great to see that mong Klopp have all the wind taken out of his sails after he ran around like a loon after the Anti Semite got their second.

Back