• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

In all seriousness, I want us to smash them... I want us to do a UTD on them and really lay down a marker. 4, 5, 6. Humiliate them and genuinely stake our claim.

It's certainly an amazing opportunity for us to make a statement and hurt them whilst they have a number of injury issues.

We have to accept though that their domestic record at home is insane. They have that front three and the best fullbacks in the division. They are not United and if we were to do it I believe it will be by a tight margin.

Key will be the transition stages, we musnt rely on Kane alone to instigate attacks as he will be tightly marked, our front three will need to mix it up.

It's a huge game and I suspect our boys and Jose, are well up for it.

That's all you dare call it, coming up against your beloved Liverpool? :ross:

Just being realistic. We have a horrible record at Anfield and they are defending champions so a draw would be a good result. Apparently not hating Liverpool more than Arsenal/Chelsea or not hating them more than loving Spurs means you are a closet dipper according to the good folks of GG :D

It's certainly an amazing opportunity for us to make a statement and hurt them whilst they have a number of injury issues.

We have to accept though that their domestic record at home is insane. They have that front three and the best fullbacks in the division. They are not United and if we were to do it I believe it will be by a tight margin.

Key will be the transition stages, we musnt rely on Kane alone to instigate attacks as he will be tightly marked, our front three will need to mix it up.

Yeah can’t see us smashing them. If we beat them, it’ll be very tight. We’ve only won at that poverty surrounded cesspit 3 or 4 times since the Titanic went down I think.

Just being realistic. We have a horrible record at Anfield and they are defending champions so a draw would be a good result. Apparently not hating Liverpool more than Arsenal/Chelsea or not hating them more than loving Spurs means you are a closet dipper according to the good folks of GG :D

There's a difference between not hating and bigging up every chance you get.. I could go through your post history and make a collection, it'd be over 70-80% of the content. Can't be fudged though. :D

Yeah can’t see us smashing them. If we beat them, it’ll be very tight. We’ve only won at that poverty surrounded cesspit 3 or 4 times since the Titanic went down I think.

I'm not suggesting they're on the same level as United, but the same outcome would be amazing.

We know they're going to come after us, much like United did, so I think the opportunities will be there to exploit.

Given their defensive weakness too, we should be proactive and positive about what we can achieve. There's probably not a better time to play them.

I'm not suggesting they're on the same level as United, but the same outcome would be amazing.

We know they're going to come after us, much like United did, so I think the opportunities will be there to exploit.

Given their defensive weakness too, we should be proactive and positive about what we can achieve. There's probably not a better time to play them.

True but we can’t forget what a threat they pose going forward. Our defenders and midfielders will need to be as on their game as they have been recently. Any slips and we could be in for a tough evening if they get their tails up especially as I’m sure they’ll be dedicating whatever they can to Houllier.

If Klopp plays his usual tactics, I’d be amazed though. He’s asking to be ripped a new one if they play a high line against us particularly with makeshift defenders. I’m not sure he can play any other way though.

So, in summary, I’ve planted my big fat arse on the fence because I could see anything from them hammering us to us hammering them and everything in between. I wouldn’t bet a cent on the game.

Thank you Jurgen:

"I'm not surprised about Tottenham's development. I see a lot of similarities between us and Spurs, the way they set up, their style, they try and play football. Counter-attacking is not their only style, if you read newspapers you'll think that, but if you watch them they play proper football. Harry Kane drops deeper like Bobby Firmino does, it's really difficult to defend Kane in these areas. They play football, not just counter-attacking, you can't be top of the league with just counter-attacking. Unfortunately what I see is pretty good."

"If you keep Son and Kane quiet there are still some really good players. They are now a proper team with threats across the team, Steven Bergwijn plays an important role, especially in counter-attacking play. Tanguy Ndombele needed a while to settle but he's there now. It's a proper unit together with the midfield, and with the defence and then a world-class keeper in Hugo Lloris. They are doing well. At all times when you play tottenham you have to make sure Harry Kane isn't too involved, and Son the same. Their relationship has clicked properly. I've got a lot of good things to say about Tottenham.

I don’t see any chance on pattern from us, it’s whether Jose wants the legs of Lo celso or the ball retention of Ndombele ahead of the Hojberg Sissoko midfield. I’m not sure Liverpool will change their approach that much, they are at home and will probably want to start aggressively. If we can soak up the pressure I think there will be space to exploit but it will be the sternest test of our defence so far. If we do get ahead we need to use the ball better than we did against Palace, it’s one thing to concede territory but if the ball keeps coming back there is no respite for the defence.

There's a difference between not hating and bigging up every chance you get.. I could go through your post history and make a collection, it'd be over 70-80% of the content. Can't be fudged though. :D

Not sure if I should be flattered/scared that you keep track. They are clearly public enemy number 1 on here so any post that is sensible or reasonable about them understandably comes across as pro Liverpool. I remember @Mumorn used to praise teams like Arsenal when it was warranted and got accused of being a closet gooner. I actually don’t like them believe it or not but you have to admit some of the stuff posted about them on here is pure nonsense. Like they a long ball team that play no football at all.

True but we can’t forget what a threat they pose going forward. Our defenders and midfielders will need to be as on their game as they have been recently. Any slips and we could be in for a tough evening if they get their tails up especially as I’m sure they’ll be dedicating whatever they can to Houllier.

If Klopp plays his usual tactics, I’d be amazed though. He’s asking to be ripped a new one if they play a high line against us particularly with makeshift defenders. I’m not sure he can play any other way though.

So, in summary, I’ve planted my big fat arse on the fence because I could see anything from them hammering us to us hammering them and everything in between. I wouldn’t bet a cent on the game.

Great post, mostly agree. The difference is I'm not trying to predict what will happen, just pointing out what I hope might unfold.

Reading the match thread on RAWK is like stepping into an alternate reality. We are the masters of diving and media darlings and the VAR will probably give us the points.

Projection, classic response of a victim culture. Imagine having Salah and Mane diving and flopping like a beached salmon around every fudging game and trying to play the moral high ground.

Add in last game against Fulham where VAR totally saved them from conceding one of the most blatant penalties this season ..

I really fudging despise them .. can we please smash them ..

Thank you Jurgen:

"I'm not surprised about Tottenham's development. I see a lot of similarities between us and Spurs, the way they set up, their style, they try and play football. Counter-attacking is not their only style, if you read newspapers you'll think that, but if you watch them they play proper football. Harry Kane drops deeper like Bobby Firmino does, it's really difficult to defend Kane in these areas. They play football, not just counter-attacking, you can't be top of the league with just counter-attacking. Unfortunately what I see is pretty good."

"If you keep Son and Kane quiet there are still some really good players. They are now a proper team with threats across the team, Steven Bergwijn plays an important role, especially in counter-attacking play. Tanguy Ndombele needed a while to settle but he's there now. It's a proper unit together with the midfield, and with the defence and then a world-class keeper in Hugo Lloris. They are doing well. At all times when you play tottenham you have to make sure Harry Kane isn't too involved, and Son the same. Their relationship has clicked properly. I've got a lot of good things to say about Tottenham.
I was reading that thinking you were talking about our Jurgen:D

Thank you Jurgen:

Jose wasn't quite as cheerful:

“I think Alisson is not injured. (Trent) Alexander-Arnold is not injured. (Joel) Matip, I believe that he’s going to play. Fabinho is not injured, (Andrew) Robertson is not injured, (Jordan) Henderson is not injured, (Georginio) Wijnaldum is not injured, (Mohamed) Salah is not injured, (Roberto) Firmino is not injured, (Sadio) Mane is not injured.

“(Virgil) Van Dijk is injured and Van Dijk is a very good player of course. But give me Liverpool list of injuries and compared that list with what is the best Liverpool team.”

“I can give you a list of 10 injuries at Tottenham. We have two kids of the under-16s with injuries, we have two others in the under-21s and two in the under-23s. We have (Erik) Lamela and (Japhet) Tanganga.

“And here is a list of 10 players. But is (Hugo) Lloris injured? No. (Toby) Alderweireld injured? No. (Eric) Dier injured? No. (Sergio) Reguilon injured no? Harry Kane injured? No. (Heung-min) Son injured? No. Lucas (Moura) injured? No.

“So where are the injuries? Injuries are normal. James Milner is injured, Lamela is injured. You know. Every club has injuries now and again. Liverpool has a big injury. Which is Van Dijk.”

I love this version of Jose. Obviously on the wind up, skewing the facts to suit him, undermining the prevailing narrative and there is more than a grain of truth in what he's saying.
He's right though. Who from the 1st 11 is injured? Van Dijk. Matip and Keita are expected to be fit for Wednesday. The other injuries are to fringe/squad players.
Jota is only a rotation forward and Thiago has barely featured, so isn't an integral part of the team.

Back