• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs LAZIO**********

What is people's problem? It's the same names that come out and be negative. We played the serie a league leaders, we kept a clean sheet. We had 2 perfect goals disallowed so should have actually won. We dominated the game from beginning to end and gave debut starts to Dempsey and lloris, and introduced caulker.

Sandro, Verthongen,lloris, dembele and Naughton were all excellent and no one played badly. HOW CAN YOU MOAN!?

It does continue to show that Defoe struggles up top, swap him for ade and I think we'd be frightening
Spot on.

Seriously mate, that was just Italian football you watched there, it's what they do.

Not neccesarily; see Udinese, Napoli and a strong Milan as examples of teams who make attempts to attack. I'm not saying that serie a is as exciting or attack-minded as the PL, just that a side playing away from home against a team that has recently knocked out italian sides cannot be used as an example to show how negative italian sides are. The onus was NOT on them to attack us from all angles. They're happy with an away point (as would we be; though we'll get all three \o/)

One of the best teams in Serie A playing like they did and people wonder why I fudging hate Italian football.

I don't think they're that good. Everyone keeps talking about their start to the season but have you seen who they've played? The early season fixture list was very kind to them.

There is lack of movement off the ball though and at times a player receiving the ball out wide had no one anywhere near him. This made it easy for Lazio to defend against us imo. Yes they are a good team but we needed to make them work harder in the final third and worry them a little. when we did we looked good.

What about some runs into space from a few players to surprise or stretch a defence?

Just not our night and referee.

I believe we have it in us to be a high scoring team with ade not Defoe. Can't wait for ade to start to end this debate.

We had more new faces starting and looked good already. Will only get better. We will top the group.

I thought we missed Benny today. So much of our play starts through him, as affy often says he is one of the few playmaking full backs. Naughton done well but Benny can give us width on the left too.

Dembele is a great player but we're missing someone to thread balls. Still think Huddlestone could have shone today.

Which part makes you think it's not? He's spot on.

Exactly, not sure what warranted that response? Thought we were good tonight against a good side, totally dominated them from start to finish, didn't create too much, but still scored 2 legit goals.

Just not our night and referee.

I believe we have it in us to be a high scoring team with ade not Defoe. Can't wait for ade to start to end this debate.

We had more new faces starting and looked good already. Will only get better. We will top the group.

I was very pleased with what I saw today. Alot of the movement was good and was just let down by the thinking time of players assessing where the ball should go. When it gets more fluid and natural it could be incredibly effective. We retained possession exceptionally well and just need to nail the inventiveness against a stubborn back eight. You can tell its something were working on though

I think the game in general was drab n dull... Was totally bored at the game...

I am worried that our home form is going to cost us because we can't either break teams down or not create enough.

Away games I'm more confident as our tactics suit it more than at home. We lack creativity.

I am worried that our home form is going to cost us because we can't either break teams down or not create enough.

Away games I'm more confident as our tactics suit it more than at home. We lack creativity.

Spot on

We haven't lost at home either. Consider the situation that we are in with squad changes, gaps and injuries, it's not that bad.

So, for everyone who was disappointed in the performance/is continuing to be hyper-critical...

If we had not had Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller as the core officials, and if we'd have seen the two perfectly good goals we saw on the scoreboard and in the papers this morning, would you all have been quite so damning?

So, for everyone who was disappointed in the performance/is continuing to be hyper-critical...

If we had not had Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller as the core officials, and if we'd have seen the two perfectly good goals we saw on the scoreboard and in the papers this morning, would you all have been quite so damning?

Ok i'll say this on record now so i'm not accused of jumping on the bandwagon or just being over critical later on.

I touched on this last week but if we continue to play how we've been playing so far we're going to encounter big big problems at the Lane. This structured, disciplined style where we're pressing 90 minutes of the game allows for the opposition to get in behind us and nick goals. Away from home it's perfect but at the Lane we simply can't play like that and be successful. We need to give the opposition more space, give them more time on the ball, let them feel comfortable and then stretch them with wide balls to Bale or Azza. We're not creating enough clear cut chances now and we're not taking the game to the opposition. I can see a lot of 0-0 , 1-1 and 0-1 losses if we continue this game.

Adebayor needs to start.

Ok i'll say this on record now so i'm not accused of jumping on the bandwagon or just being over critical later on.

I touched on this last week but if we continue to play how we've been playing so far we're going to encounter big big problems at the Lane. This structured, disciplined style where we're pressing 90 minutes of the game allows for the opposition to get in behind us and nick goals. Away from home it's perfect but at the Lane we simply can't play like that and be successful. We need to give the opposition more space, give them more time on the ball, let them feel comfortable and then stretch them with wide balls to Bale or Azza. We're not creating enough clear cut chances now and we're not taking the game to the opposition. I can see a lot of 0-0 , 1-1 and 0-1 losses if we continue this game.

Adebayor needs to start.

I don't understand what it is you want.

You want us to give them more space and time on the ball. Alright, so we stop pressing and sit back a bit.

Let them feel comfortable, sure, sit a bit deeper.

Then stretch them with balls to Bale and Azza...

How did we get possession? Are you saying that we should sit back and counter attack and that's the solution?

We need ways to open them up when they have 10 men behind the ball and are organized. Teams like these won't come to WHL and just let themselves be counter attacked on.

Back