• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs KAA Gent***

I'm just hoping for some decent games. It will be my first ever game at the new Wembley. Looking forward to it, even if it isn't a high profile game. Hoping for a good game and decent atmosphere. Anyone know how many tickets we've sold?

I'm just hoping for some decent games. It will be my first ever game at the new Wembley. Looking forward to it, even if it isn't a high profile game. Hoping for a good game and decent atmosphere. Anyone know how many tickets we've sold?

They extended it from 50k to 80k, so a sizeable amount more than the former.

The paradox is for it to be a good spectacle at Wembley, we can't win comfortably in the first leg.

Dele and Kane could be just as likely contenders for both. Captains lead in different ways....

It shouldn't be attacking players. A defender or DM is in the right part of the pitch to run the game. The same as batters not bowlers in cricket.

Alli is too hot headed (and you wouldn't want to change that). Dier has a nice level of controlled aggression.

Haven't heard any team news yet on who has travelled for the Gent game. Would be tempted to go 3 at the back for this one but with Trippier as left wing back instead of Davies, who really can't play wing back. Believe we should field a strongish side for this game and potentially leave a few of the top players on the bench for the Home Leg if we have a lead. So would play Toby, Walker, Eriksen and Kane but rest Alli, Dembele, Son in this team:

Lloris; Toby, Dier, Wimmer: Walker, Wanyama, Winks, Trippier: Eriksen, Sissoko; Kane

Then bring back a few but still stay strong for the Fulham FA Cup game :

Vorm, Trippier, Toby, Wimmer, Davies; Wanyama, Dembele; Son, Alli, Nkoudou; Janssen

with Eriksen and Kane ready on the bench if things go seriously wrong.

I don't see any reason not to play the same team in both games, we need a positive result in these matches and they are the only things we can win this season. I would rather finish 6th and win the EL than qualify for CL by finishing 2/3/4 in the league.

Indeed.

I don't see any reason not to play the same team in both games, we need a positive result in these matches and they are the only things we can win this season. I would rather finish 6th and win the EL than qualify for CL by finishing 2/3/4 in the league.
Agree.
No excuses of tiredness now. We play to win, best team and formation all the way.
If we fall short then so be it but not because we tried to anticipate injuries and tiredness, and gave ourselves excuses to lose or not put the effort in. If you don't pull your weight then you get a rest.

If someone is carrying a knock or recovering then they get time to recover properly.

Otherwise, show we mean business.

this could be a borefest, gent don't score many, we've lost the scoring touch recently, they'll park the bus, we'll probably go through 1-0

Just a quick question. I'm going to Wembley for the return leg. Is it still no alcohol serving at the stadium before/during UEFA games?

Why arr utd getting preferential treatment and playing their 2nd leg Europa tie on a Wed with their final on the Sunday when few seasons back we played fiorentina on thur and league cup final on the Sunday?

Why arr utd getting preferential treatment and playing their 2nd leg Europa tie on a Wed with their final on the Sunday when few seasons back we played fiorentina on thur and league cup final on the Sunday?

Because they are an elite club and we aren't according to UEFA.

If they don't get their way then they may throw their toys out of the pram and agitate for a Super League taking away UEFA revenue. US? Irrelevant at the moment.

Because they are an elite club and we aren't according to UEFA.

If they don't get their way then they may throw their toys out of the pram and agitate for a Super League taking away UEFA revenue. US? Irrelevant at the moment.
Because Lyon is also playing, and UEFA don't want 2 games at the same time in such close proximity. It's got nothing to do with the league cup final.

Back