• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fiorentina 2nd leg ***

A wonderful plan B that was. We have just given up all control of midfield.

We never had it in the first place. Fiorentina knew that post the 30 minute mark, we'd degenerate into a turgid mess of tired legs and self-inflicted stupidity, and that all they'd have to do is wait.

Still need 2 to go through......just with no hope of extra-time to help us (which in another way is a good thing as it might kill us for sunday)

It will explain why Dier has started recently because we need pace. Tonight we have paid for the lack of pace at full back and CB dearly. That's fine, batteries charged in Rose, Walker and...ah...here comes Kyle!!!!!

Bad run of results while "resting" players and even worse i just can't see which players are going to feel "rested" and 100% for the final............in THREE DAYS! Awful.
Should have picked our best team and tried to steamroller them for the first 65mins at WHL.

Never thought I'd say this, but not sure if I want us to score or not. Equalise and not score a winner, and we're into extra time.

We are too good for Europa, clearly, if we wanted to we'd win 4-0 without breaking sweat. Italian football is useless and Premier League rules all with its money. We clearly threw the game with timely mistakes to focus on cup win v Chelsea. I hope someone has organised a bus to parade our trophy though.....

Seriously though, we were outclassed by the better team and can have no complaints. We were not good enough when the real challenges come in Europa, just like we would'nt be in the CL.

This week, our 'defining week', has been awful so far. Scraped a draw against Spam with no fresh legs to show for it (put out a strong team and still f*cked it up), and now this. Sigh.

Our team has holes that will take a long, long, long time to fix. And though most of our lads are great guys and great team players, our style of play demands a level of concentration and technical skill that most of them just don't have.

Who really thought we realistically had any chance in this competition anyway?

We are still several players short of several quality players.

Not sure that the last part is true. We have a strong team but individual mistakes have cost us tonight. It happens. Otherwise the best team on paper would win every match.

If we lose Sunday, Poch will get a load of unfair criticism.

This loss is down the players. Regardless of system, fiorentina over two legs are as poor a side as I remember from a top league and whatever mix of 11 we put out should have been enough to score at least once more and force their hand

Maybe we should let our best players walk off and finish with 8 men so we can concentrate on Sunday.

Back