• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton ***

And let that be a lesson to people who like quoting overheard stats and passing them of as gospel without fact checking

8-[

evertonvstottenham.png

I broke my rule to re-sign Pienaar for Everton, says Moyes

David Moyes has urged Steven Pienaar to rekindle Everton's push for the top four after admitting re-signing the South African went against all his beliefs.

Pienaar's return to Goodison Park from Tottenham, initially on loan in January, provided the spark for the good form Everton have enjoyed this year and he will have a key role to play at Goodison Park on Sunday when the two sides meet.

While Moyes is thrilled that Pienaar is helping make Everton tick, he was less happy in the summer when it came to completing his £4.5million move from White Hart Lane. At the back of the Everton manager's mind was a small fear that Pienaar, 30, would not recapture the form of his first spell.

'I had a worry when it was first mooted about him coming back,' said Moyes. 'But he has been inspirational to how we have played. He has helped the team and he has helped the crowd as well. He has certainly improved us and made us better.

'I was worried about it second time around. At Everton we have always tried to do good deals and tried to buy at the right age or certainly at the right price. We had to buy Steven back for more than we sold him and he was a year older.

'It's been a great deal for us and we've been delighted to have him and I've done many a worse deal. But at the time it just felt as if it wasn't lying well with me.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2244880/David-Moyes-I-broke-rule-sign-Steven-Pienaar-Everton.html

........................Lloris

Walker.....Caulker...Vertonghen...Naughton

...............Sandro......Dembele

Lennon....................................Dempsey
................Ade...........Defoe

Tough game, especially without Bale. Could have done with Dawson in this game too as they're a big physical team.

I'd definately take a point now.

If Bale was going to miss a game this would be a good one to miss, considering he usually gets injured or is just ineffective against Everton.

I feel positive, will be hard but we have an honest group of lads who will put in the graft. Ade and Defoe need to be up for this. 3-1 to us

If Bale was going to miss a game this would be a good one to miss, considering he usually gets injured or is just ineffective against Everton.

I feel positive, will be hard but we have an honest group of lads who will put in the graft. Ade and Defoe need to be up for this. 3-1 to us

Sandro and Dembele will be a tough midfield for Everton to come up against and Dempsey works very hard. Like you said if Ade and Defoe click upfront we can get a result no question.

AVB ON EVERTON:

Andre Villas-Boas is looking to maintain our fine form in the Premier League - but knows we’re in for a test at Everton on Sunday.

We travel to Merseyside for a 3pm kick-off on the back of three-successive wins in the Premier League - nine points in the space of six days last week that lifted us up to fourth place.

But Andre is well aware that Goodison Park is one of the toughest away trips around and the Toffees remain unbeaten on home soil this season.

Indeed, David Moyes’ men have lost just twice in the Premier League all season but they’ve drawn eight of their 15 games so far.

“It’s a very difficult game, one of the most difficult,” said Andre.

“We want to continue with our momentum, continue to play well, we’re five games unbeaten (including the Europa League) with four wins and let’s hope we can maintain our form in the Premier League.

“It will be an extremely competitive game and a tough place to go to.

"Everton are rested, it’s a difficult ground and a competitive team. We need to recover our players and by winning and qualifying for the Europa League (against Panathinaikos on Thursday night), I’m sure we’ll get them recovering quickly.”

I am with you. Be positive. We can win this for sure COYS

I am with you. Be positive. We can win this for sure COYS

A very close game to call. If Ade and Lennon are up for it offensively, I can see us scoring more than them. Otherwise, I would take a draw now. A win is more vital for them than us.

Going to have backache on Monday morning. Back of the Lower Bullens for us, which means you have to bend down to see the top of the goals.
Thanks for knocking £2 off for the restriced view!!!

Looking at todays results, a win tomorrow would be nothing short of amazing.

Plus we play 2 Prem games before Chelsea play there next one. Imagine being 6 points clear of Chelsea in 3rd place by the time they play Villa.

Looking at Thursday's performance I can't see AVB selecting that same 442 away to an Everton side with 3 central midfielders. Either Defoe or Adebayor will be left out and I can see instead a surprise start for Sigurdsson. 4231/4411 as usual.

Looking at Thursday's performance I can't see AVB selecting that same 442 away to an Everton side with 3 central midfielders. Either Defoe or Adebayor will be left out and I can see instead a surprise start for Sigurdsson. 4231/4411 as usual.

it would be madness to change a winning formula. Team basically picks itself until the injuries return.

Last year we lined up:

24 Friedel
04 Kaboul
26 King
28 Walker
32 Assou-Ekotto Booked
03 Bale
08 Parker (Livermore - 86' )
14 Modric
30 Sandro (Van der Vaart - 68' )
10 Adebayor (Saha - 54' )
18 Defoe Booked

That was a bloody good side if perhaps a little lopsided (right-sided wonky). I can see AVB going 4-4-2 again for this.

Playing Luka on the right was always a massive waste, that was when Harry went through his 442 phase wasn't it ](*,)

Neither of you remember that game properly.
This was the game Redknapp started Bale on the right because he was afraid of Phil Neville! Modric played out wide on the left until he threw on VDV for Sandro with 20 minutes to go. One of those games were Redknapp overthought everything and ended up with a bizarre team selection that didnt work out.

Back