• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project***

I'm hoping that the spirit of our CL qualification season will resurface. Replace the semi loss to Pompey with the Basel result, throw in more time between games and the return to health/form of our better players and it can be done.

BELIEVE!!!!!

But we lost.

If we had won, we'd be in the Semi Finals. The OMT had us lose on penalties.

We lost ground after drawing the game for which you created the OMT. Those two dropped points could see us losing out on CL Qualification, if so that's you having knocked us out of the CL race.

You can rely on other results to help us through but the outcome could be the same. We could lose out on participation in a tournament, thanks in part to your defective OMT... It was defective, because it didnt work!! We didn't win!!

-------------Lloris

Walker---Daws---Verts---BAE

--Carroll----Holtby---Dembele

--Lennon----Ade-----Bale

Logic - we've drawn 3 and lost 2 of our last 5, so think it's time for a bit of a tweak. It's harsh on Siggy (him vs Lennon is a tough call), but I think Holtby (at DM in place of Parker) and Carroll deserve to start.

-------------Lloris

--Lennon----Ade-----Bale

Logic - we've drawn 3 and lost 2 of our last 5, so think it's time for a bit of a tweak. It's harsh on Siggy (him vs Lennon is a tough call), but I think Holtby (at DM in place of Parker) and Carroll deserve to start.

Agree with this.

Please AVB for fudge sake, pick Ekotto and stop picking Naughton.

AVB won't drop Parker. We might very well see a 4-3-3 though, that was essentially what we played away to Basel.

I agree. But he should do because Holtby put Parker to shame doing his job in the week, and we are desperate to add a ballplayer like Carroll or Hudd.

Bale's not playing left.

Well he better get use to it, as we'll be playing 4-3-3 next season (assuming AVB finally gets his CM ballplayer and his CF) and if he goes to Madrid he will replace Ronaldo on the left of the 4-2-3-1, not Ozil in the middle.

-------------Lloris

--Lennon----Ade-----Bale

I would actually like to see this. Keep Parker on the bench for a late defensive option. Though it would depend heavily on how Bale and Lennon are currently looking fitness wise.

------------------Lloris----------------------

Walker---Dawson---Caulker---Vertonghen

----------Dembele-----Holtby---------------

----Lennon--------Bale------Sigurdsson----

-----------------Adebayor--------------------

I agree. But he should do because Holtby put Parker to shame doing his job in the week, and we are desperate to add a ballplayer like Carroll or Hudd.

You're pushing at an open door trying to convince me that we should consider other players in our squad like Holtby or Hudd instead of Parker. Just giving my opinion of what AVB is likely to do.

Bale's not playing left.

He plays where he wants,
He plays where he waaaants
Gareth Bale!
He plays where he wants!

I think it's about time to accept that Bale can play most attacking midfield positions and quite possibly as a forward. (In addition to as a left back of course).

I'd just like to see us set the team up to have a go at Emirates Marketing Project. Instead of passing the ball side to side to side, and then back to the keeper. Having possession is all very good, but not much use if you don't do something productive with it.

A lot of the home games I've been to this season we have seemed more like the away side. My lad was a mascot at the Fulham game, my wife has been to plenty of games, usually enjoys watching Spurs..at half time she said it was the most boring game she'd been to...and I couldn't really argue with her.. (for a change)

I'd just like to see us set the team up to have a go at Emirates Marketing Project. Instead of passing the ball side to side to side, and then back to the keeper. Having possession is all very good, but not much use if you don't do something productive with it.

A lot of the home games I've been to this season we have seemed more like the away side. My lad was a mascot at the Fulham game, my wife has been to plenty of games, usually enjoys watching Spurs..at half time she said it was the most boring game she'd been to...and I couldn't really argue with her.. (for a change)

I see it as part of our evolution.

Plucky little teams who play on the break only get so far. Only teams who dominate possession become great. Of course we need a better CM ballplayer and a decent forward to make our possession more effective, but we're a work in progress.

Plucky little teams who play on the break only get so far. Only teams who dominate possession become great. Of course we need a better CM ballplayer and a decent forward to make our possession more effective, but we're a work in progress.

something a lot of people seem to have forgotten around here

I hope it is part of our evolution, and if we finally combine possession with goals next season we can be a great team. But that will mean keeping our good players, and adding quality in some areas, and I'm not sure whether we will be able to do that. I also think maybe AVB prefers "safe" players over "risky" players... players who dribble or play ambitious balls forward will lose the ball more often than players who play safer passes. But an element of risk is necessary to win difficult and/or evenly matched games. I would like to have seen Carroll/Thudd/Townsend get more playing time than they have. Even though they are a riskier option.

And we are almost at the end of the season and I still don't know what AVB's preferred system is or what his plans for us are.. hopefully he will set out his intentions more clearly at some point. But sometimes I worry that, for example, when he expresses confidence in our forward line-up, as he did at Christmas, he actually means it.

Back